Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamers / Gamer groups wanted!

• 13-02-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

I figure this might be handy.

Are you a lone gamer looking for a group? Are you part of a gamer group open to new players? Lob some information in here and if anyone feels like inviting you along or looking to join they can send you a PM

We have a pretty irregular group in Killarney, we generally play a couple of times a month, and we are always up for someone new joining in.

I'm the one in the group who owns all the games, and my collection is here. The current game of the moment is Eclipse, but really, we will play whatever there is interest in. Demographically, we range from mid 20s to mid 30s and there are smokers / drinkers in the group, so it's unlikely to be suitable to under 18s. Mostly male, but ocasionally we can con a girlfriend or two into joining in :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭billaustin

This is a really good idea, I live in Naas in Kildare and I am on the look out for a group to game with, I would go to Dublin if necessary. Interested in any table top games but at the moment playing Arkham Horror, Last Night on Earth, Settlers, Mage Knight, Ghost Stories, Gloom, pretty much anything. Would love to join a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Hey I live in stillorgan. I never played before but very interested to see how it goes. Always fascinated by different boardgames but my friends are nerds in other departments. Want to see if there are groups nearby, just eager to see how people play and learn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

When I was in Athlone I played with a group weekly (almost every Sunday night) and sometimes twice weekly. Moved to Dublin last year and now playing board games not as often as I like. I'd love to join in on any groups around Dublin. My list of board games:

- Settlers of Catan
    - Carcassone
    - The Resistance
    - Puerto Rico
    - Monopoly
    - Scrabble
    - Village
    - Civilization
    - Risk Legacy
    - Ticket to Ride: Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I live in Dublin and would be interested. Have a few friends who already play with but I work shifts so it means it can be difficult enough to find enough people to play at particular time. The list below is what I own but have played the more common games and always willing to learn more
    Ticket to Ride
    Niagara
    Metal Gear Solid Risk
    Arkham Horror (Currently unplayed)
    PowerGrid (Currently unplayed)

Also a fan of card games like Munchkin, Gloom etc

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jopm

Hi All,

This thread stated up while I was away and this is my first time to see it.

I am a member of South Dublin Boardgamers and we are always happy to welcome new/experienced gamers.
    I have posted a few times over the past few months about games/sessions we have had and which you might find of interest

We can be found here http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthDublinBoardgamers/

if it is of any interest I am proposing to host next Tuesday night and if any you want to come along please message me and I fill you in on the details.

Jim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

We've been having the odd monthly gaming night in Drogheda should there be anyone interested in joining in. This is a strictly over 18s (even older ideally we're all 30+, old farts) since the events always require alcohol.

We're talking Descent, Gloom, Smallworld, Mansion of Madness, Tannhauser, Muchin Quest and a few others.

Alternatively if there are any existing groups in Drogheda who have an open slot I'd be interested.

On a side note we should get this thread stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kzamll1992

moved to dublin (blanchardstown) from limerick on work experience! Lonely as heck! this definitely interests me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Limerick is a gaming stronghold... Theres a group meetup next weekend as well, search for bastardcon lite on FB and u will find details. Several regular weekly groups meeting up there all day saturday.

Anyone interested in joining us on the 25th in Drogehda for a few games and beers? We're old farts but if its your thing give me a PM.

Normally do it every month or so, but would be interested in doing it more regularly if there are other folks in that neck of the woods interested.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looking to play aropund dublin city centre, cherryghost get cracking :P

A group on meetup.com would be good. There is this already that is played in leixlip and they said they'd play in Dublin if somebody hosts
    http://www.meetup.com/Board-gamers-near-Dublin/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

New to Dublin, so have applied to the group in Leixlip (though it seems very much based in Leixlip) and a Meetup.com group...Very new to Tabletop gaming in general, but I've enjoyed the few I've played so far (mainly for the social element). If there's anyone up for a game, give a shout :)

🤪

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah i did too but that's too far out, so never go! :(

Would there be any interest in getting a regular group going in Dublin? I'd be up for it but don't think I can host (oddball housemates).

🤪

Yeah their problem is a host, nobody to host, my apartment isnt suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rzeznik

Hi Rev Hellfire, you still have a group in Drogheda?
    I would be interested to join given you won't laugh too much at my Polish accent ;-)
    Live in Balbriggan, so just 20 min away. Have some pen&paper and boardgames experience so not a newbie.

Rzeznik wrote: »
    Hi Rev Hellfire, you still have a group in Drogheda?
    I would be interested to join given you won't laugh too much at my Polish accent ;-)
    Live in Balbriggan, so just 20 min away. Have some pen&paper and boardgames experience so not a newbie.

Yeah, plus we're having a get together on the 27th.

http://www.darkkeep.com/content.php?64-July-Boardgame-night

"It's not me" It's always you king of spies!

Thanks for the jam doughnut muffins too, awesome :D

Here is that game I thought looked sweet, did not have 100$ to pick it up. Out in october anyway
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/dark-darker-darkest
    Wish I'd got it in the kickstarter though because of all the extra stuff they get, that was some amount of stretch goals that were reached. Glow in the dark zombies dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Hey guys,

Great to see that your games night went well!

Meanwhile, down in Kerry...we've been starting a boardgames night of a Monday evening in the Saddle Bar in Listowel. We've been going for about a month now and our numbers are growing.

On again this coming Monday (29/07) at 8pm so if anybody is in the surrounding area we'd be delighted to see you there.

For those interested I'm having another session at the end of the month 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

oeb wrote: »
    I'll pop along to this at some stage if I get a chance, it'll probably be 3 or 4 weeks though, Listowel is about an hour away and I only finish in the gym at like 7.30 :(
    Hi are you still running the night in the Saddle, I'm from Tralee so i can try and come out some night.

Hi Oeb and Jiggly_Anon,

Sorry for taking so so long to get back to you, I've been mad busy moving house and I didn't see your replies until now.

Yup, the boardgames is still ongoing in the Saddle, although there is talk of relocating in the next few weeks, but I'll keep you posted.

Next session is still in the Saddle, tonight at 8pm, although I'll be working so I won't be there myself.

By the way, Oeb, there's no problem if you turn up late, don't worry.

• Advertisement

Cos I'm flash and its got a nice setup I've created a group on meetup.com
    These things take a few days to get reviewed and go public but the link is below.

http://www.meetup.com/Drogheda-Boardgame-Group

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jadytte

Japandamo wrote: »
    Hi Oeb and Jiggly_Anon,

Sorry for taking so so long to get back to you, I've been mad busy moving house and I didn't see your replies until now.

Yup, the boardgames is still ongoing in the Saddle, although there is talk of relocating in the next few weeks, but I'll keep you posted.

Next session is still in the Saddle, tonight at 8pm, although I'll be working so I won't be there myself.

By the way, Oeb, there's no problem if you turn up late, don't worry.

Hi, I'm also involved with the boardgames meetups in Listowel, sorry for the delay in posting, but we'll be meeting in the Listowel Arms tonight at eight if you're interested to come along :D

Aaaand the next board games evening in Listowel will be in the Arms again, but next Wednesday, 11th September (8pm). A little more notice this time ;)

You can post up or PM if you're interested, or simply show up on the night (ask/look around, we'll be the ones with the board games :D )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Many thanks for Rev Hellfire, he's created a meetup page for us!

I'm going to move the posts connected to arranging dates from this thread and keep it solely for announcing groups. Otherwise its usefulness is rapidly removed in the weight of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AiwenElen

Hello everybody! I'm currently living in Castletroy, Limerick and I was wondering if I could join any games group. My experience is not that broad, but I love board games and rpgs. I've played Settlers, Zauberer, Game of Thrones, Descent, Vampire TES and Cthulhu, among others. I used to play GW, and LoL for a while too. I'm really loooking forward to join any game you're in, because it's been a while since the last time I got the chance for it.

Anyone in the area I could join? Thanks!

House boardgaming is much better but if people want to play out in town then:

Started going here on wednesdays in dublin city, mac turcaills pub by trinity
    http://www.meetup.com/The-Dublin-Randomness-Meetup/events/150666892
    was like 20-30 people, played pandemic, some small card games (augustus etc) and dominion at my first one.

Gonna try this on tuesdays in dublin city, looks good
    http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Ireland/
    http://boardgamesireland.com/

oolong1.jpg

Also tog will be starting a night
    http://www.tog.ie/

House boardgaming is much better but if people want to play out in town then:

Going to give the Tuesday game a bash!

🤪

Hi AiwenElen,

we're a small-ish group that generally meet every second Wednesday in Listowel Arms Hotel, but that's possibly a bit far out for you? (Thought I'd let you know though, it is closer than the Dublin groups after all ;) ).

We haven't any RPG games at the mo, but that's not to say we won't be getting any/ if you had any yourself you could bring along :) We've games like Dixit, Quirkle, Carcassone, Monopoly Deal, Uno, Rummikub...

If you're interested, just let me know and I'll keep you posted about when we're meeting (next one is tomorrow evening, 20th Nov, at 8; all welcome!).

• Advertisement

oolong1.jpg

This was most excellent imo and great location.

Advertisement