Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

• 10-08-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

We were hijacking several other thread with sports discussion, so let's take it all into here.

Anyone fancy Pat's over the two legs vs Steaua Bucharest? Not a Pat's fan, but I might head to the second leg. I've heard rumours it may be held in the RDS. Anyone know any more on that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why is cow dung playing what sounds like a beer?
    Damn farmers and their crazy shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

How many C+H threads have you started now Bob?

Your on a roll!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

How many C+H threads have you started now Bob?

Your on a roll!!:P

And you'll notice all bar this one have reached at least 5 pages too. So there's no shortage of quality threads made by me either. :pac:

Having said that, this one seems to be dying a slow death. Someone discuss some sports quick!

Premier League starts this weekend. Any one want to throw their predictions out there?

Chelsea v Hull City
    Aston Villa v Wigan
    Blackburn v Man City
    Bolton v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Fulham
    Stoke City v Burnley
    Wolves v West Ham
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man Utd v Birmingham
    Tottenham v Liverpool

I think Liverpool will really struggle without Alonso. At least for the first 6 weeks anyway.

And you'll notice all bar this one have reached at least 5 pages too. So there's no shortage of quality threads made by me either. :pac:

Having said that, this one seems to be dying a slow death. Someone discuss some sports quick!

Premier League starts this weekend. Any one want to throw their predictions out there?

Chelsea v Hull City
    Aston Villa v Wigan
    Blackburn v Man City
    Bolton v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Fulham
    Stoke City v Burnley
    Wolves v West Ham
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man Utd v Birmingham
    Tottenham v Liverpool

I think Liverpool will really struggle without Alonso. At least for the first 6 weeks anyway.
    Tbh I think Stoke v Burnley will be the best game there,they'll both be out to prove something!

Tbh I think Stoke v Burnley will be the best game there,they'll both be out to prove something!

I'll be keeping my eye on Villa v Wigan myself, I like the football Martinez's teams play, be interesting to see if James McCarthy gets many games there, and how he develops.

I don't think Wigan will struggle as much as people seem to think, they still have a good core there, despite Bruce leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nice round for Harrington today. Hopefully he keeps it up. McDowell & McIllroy not far behind either.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Man Utd v Birmingham

I'm going to be at this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Mushy wrote: »
    Nice round for Harrington today. Hopefully he keeps it up. McDowell & McIllroy not far behind either.

I hope Harrington and Woods play all 4 rounds together, would be fantastic.

Do you play golf, Mushy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Tottenham v Liverpool

Got to agree. Lucas has had a great pre season.. But it's pre season :pac:
    And he's no where near the class of Xabi.

Still I think Liverpool should win this 2-1.

but I heard today that Gerrard may miss the match because of injury :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Super League tomorrow! Need my rugby fix.

• Advertisement

Have ye heard they're gonna introduce Golf and Rugby 7's into the Olympics?
    If they did that would be awesome cause at least Ireland would have a chance at winning something for once!!

Have ye heard they're gonna introduce Golf and Rugby 7's into the Olympics?
    If they did that would be awesome cause at least Ireland would have a chance at winning something for once!!

Heard but we have no chance of winning either but thank god that pickey woman can box that ll win us some medals :p

Niall09 wrote: »
    I hope Harrington and Woods play all 4 rounds together, would be fantastic.

Do you play golf, Mushy?

Would be fun to see. Although maybe a day away from woods so Harrington can play without extra distraction.

Used to play, would do now but no time/money for it.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Heard but we have no chance of winning either but thank god that pickey woman can box that ll win us some medals :p

Ireland would have a chance in the golf section, as much as any othe country with populations 10 times ours and more at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Ireland would have a chance in the golf section, as much as any othe country with populations 10 times ours and more at times.

I don't think you you want to bring the per capita argument into Ireland's sporting performances. Look at New Zealand and Norway. Countries with similar populations to Ireland but they outperform us every olympic games.

Chelsea v Hull City
    Aston Villa v Wigan
    Blackburn v Man City
    Bolton v Sunderland
    Portsmouth v Fulham
    Stoke City v Burnley
    Wolves v West Ham
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man Utd v Birmingham
    Tottenham v Liverpool

hmmmm.... 5 right and 3 wrong, with 2 more games tomorrow. Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Harps snatched a last-minute draw tonight. Oh yeah. :cool:

I don't think you you want to bring the per capita argument into Ireland's sporting performances. Look at New Zealand and Norway. Countries with similar populations to Ireland but they outperform us every olympic games.

Yeah but surely it depends on what sports are being participated in too. I'd fancy Irelands chances in golf ahead of NZ & Norway, but not other sports.

In other news, wahey for another Leeds win. Hopefully this season might work out better. And my prediction for Harrington was right...not to play with Woods on 3rd day would be better. Pity he messed it in end, but could still work in hid favour. Also, C'Mon the Premier!

Monzo wrote: »

Did us a bit of a favour there. We were busy losing to Rovers in the cup. Hasn't been a good week or so for UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

It seems you have signed Sean Houston from us on a scholarship. He's been one of the few bright points of the season so far, he's very good up front and should be a good squad player for UCD.

• Advertisement

Liverpool starting with dropped points. :) I am pleased by this.

United weren't too impressive today though, hopefully we see an improvement at Burnley on Wednesday.

Couple of PL games tonight:

Birmingham v Portsmouth
    Burnley v Man Utd
    Hull v Spurs
    Liverpool v Stoke

I'll take any sort of a win tonight. Just need to keep picking up the wins for now.

I'll take any sort of a win tonight. Just need to keep picking up the wins for now.

Well, that went well.

Well, that went well.

Who ya support? Good win for Burnley*

Under-statement of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I've a match tomorrow and another on sunday. Wish me luck people!*

*Or else...

Who ya support? Good win for Burnley*

Under-statement of the year

United.

We were fcuking terrible tonight. Passing was shocking, I hate to say it, but we missed Ronaldo tonight. There was just no imagination about us at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:(
    Monzo wrote: »

Leeds back in action today, hopefully make it 12 from 12, so a good start.

Fair few Irish lads in top 10 of the European golf, Gillick did well in final, cant be all bad for Irish sport now.

England 147-3 at the mo and pretty much have the Ashes the way their run rate is going.

Australia though lost to New Zealand in a improved 3N but christ NZ were bad.

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    England 147-3 at the mo and pretty much have the Ashes the way their run rate is going.

Australia though lost to New Zealand in a improved 3N but christ NZ were bad.

Yeah, England win that...will avoid Sky Sports for a while now.

Australia haven't done anything this 3N Championship. The hype over there when the first match on was crazy, but of course, barely anything about it after.

Leeds are on fire:D 4 wins from 4 in the league, more to come.

Great win for Cork too today, Congrats!

Advertisement