Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy contact lenses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Squiggle

bureau2009 wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been covered in previous posts but here is what I am looking for:

I want to buy 1 or 2 boxes of 1 day Acuvue - I know the prescription from the side of the box but I don't have an optician's prescription.

Where can I buy these lenses on-line without opticians prescription - I know my current lenses are fine.

Many thanks for your help.

Optical Institute, lensbase and yourlenses, all of whom have been recommended on here, don't require a prescription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grado

Dionysus wrote: »
    For some years now I have got my prescription checked in Ireland and bought my contacts through the internet from AC Lens in America and have found them solid and reliable. 90 pairs of lenses has come in at €95 by the time I receive the box.

Is there any place cheaper in Ireland yet?

Thanks!

the cheapest place to buy contact lens is go china website, if you don't worry about the quality. 90% of contact lens are manufactured in China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Paulie907

Have been wearing Clariti 1 Day lenses for a few months now. Switched over from the Tru-Eye as I didnt find it very comfortable. It's a silicone hydrogel daily as well and I find it much more comfortable in my eyes. Its also cheaper than the J&J lenses, am paying 140 for 3 months supply. Its good all round value I think and I'm still able to support local buisness which is nice to able to do if the price is right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Anyone buy contact lenses off Optical Institute recently?? I ordered them on the 5th April, money was taken on the 6th April and still no lenses. I know shipping could be affected by the volcano but still 2 weeks later and nothing?? Just wondering really what the shipping times normally are??

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Anyone buy contact lenses off Optical Institute recently?? I ordered them on the 5th April, money was taken on the 6th April and still no lenses. I know shipping could be affected by the volcano but still 2 weeks later and nothing?? Just wondering really what the shipping times normally are??

You can Track and Trace to follow your package and typical delivery times are detailed in their FAQ.

• Advertisement

Ya ive tried tracking and tracing, on the irish website the code is not registering anything and on the porteguese website the information has not been updated since the 15th. Ive tried getting onto Optical Institute but havent heard anything back yet. I was just wondering had anyone else used them before and how long it took them to receive their lenses!!

I was just wondering had anyone else used them before and how long it took them to receive their lenses!!

I asked the same question in post 115 on page 8 and there were a few positive responses if you check it out. I still intend to order from them in the next fortnight !

I think to be honest the Volcano is prob having a knock on effect and that there's not much that can be done at the moment. I was just talking to the customer services for the post office and they were saying that they are sending mail to the UK by ship but other than that I think everything else is grounded so the same is prob happening over there!!

I suppose I was just a bit anxious as this is my first time order them, the money has been gone and still no lenses... I suppose all I can do now is wait for this volcano to die down a bit and the post resumes to normal!!!

Thanks Squiggle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Just been reading through the whole thread and thanks to the people that have recommended Daysoft, I have told my wife about them and she'll be ordering the minimum amount to try them out.

Can't really go wrong for 1 month supply 2 boxes of 32 lenses at €5.99/box €11.98 Delivered :D

She was in Specsavers today and was quoted €60 for a months supply of 1 Day Acuvue. :eek:

We'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

I'm another very happy user of the Daysoft lens, have been using them now for about two years and find them great. With my old lens (I can't remember the brand, but I got them through an optician) I often had problems with the lens splitting in half while in my eye, or sticking to my eyelid when I blinked and then slowly sliding back into place.
    With the daysoft ones I don't have any of these issues. They're also comfortable to wear, despite my general low tolerance for contact lens. I find their packaging great too, far neater than traditional packaging. And delivery has always been extremely prompt too. So yeah...you could say I'm one extremely happy customer! :D

• Advertisement

Wife tried out the Daysoft today. Suitably impressed. As good as the One Day Acuvue she used to wear comfort wise, for a fraction of the price.

Very happy with them and will be ordering again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

bureau2009 wrote: »
    I want to buy 1 or 2 boxes of 1 day Acuvue - I know the prescription from the side of the box but I don't have an optician's prescription.

We buy from this eBay seller. (1 day Acuvue Define, that is). Works out at €25 for a box of 30 with shipping (you may be stung for VAT though).

I'm actually looking at where (if anywhere) these can be bought in Ireland - since they're made in Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Just got some daysoft lenses. I'm amazed at how good they are, I can't tell the difference between these and the multiple times more expensive ones that I was wearing.
    I'm also impressed by the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I purchased from Optical Institute on Mar25th and got lenses in less than 2 weeks. Had to sign for them with postman.

I then recommended to a friend but his have not arrived (almost 4 weeks now), Tracking said they left portugal shortly after he ordered but still no sign here.
    We assumed the Volcanic related disruptions were to blame

Good luck and let us know if you get them and likewise I'll post if /when my mate gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 berlingo

Thanks for the Daysoft lenses link. Thats atleast 3 more new customers from our family. will let you know how we get on.... :D

I purchased from Optical Institute on Mar25th and got lenses in less than 2 weeks. Had to sign for them with postman.

I then recommended to a friend but his have not arrived (almost 4 weeks now), Tracking said they left portugal shortly after he ordered but still no sign here.
    We assumed the Volcanic related disruptions were to blame

Good luck and let us know if you get them and likewise I'll post if /when my mate gets them.

Hi I meant to update this to say I finally did receive my lenses on the 7th May!! A full month after ordering them!! They seemed to have been stuck in Portugal all that time although I was kept getting told that they had definately left before the Volcano!!

So the good news is that I did get them but if I hadnt they told me that it would take a month(this is after 3 weeks had elapsed so could be talking about up to 2 months) for them to investigate as to what happened before they would even talk about sending me out another pair.

Contact lenses were perfect and they are the cheapest for my lenses so I will deal with them again but would leave myself plenty of time in future and hopefully dont need to deal with customer services as they arent the best and the quickest to get back to you.

Did you friend get his lenses in the end??

Mate got his on friday, same story. Very happy with them but will order a bit earlier next time lol;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Doroteo

I will check this one. looks like a nice deal

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

I ordered some daysoft lenses on thursday just a months worth to try them out. I was using focus dalies before this.
    They were delivered on the monday which nice. I've worn a pair everyday since and am very impressed. The only thing is they are much softer lenses than the focus dalies which makes them a little harder to get in the eye but not really an issue if you just take your time and do it right.

For the money a can safely say i'll be ordering these from now on. Amazing value thanks for the shout.

Ordered lenses form Optical Institute on 17th May, got an email saying they were dispatched on 18th May, and they arrived this morning - perfect product. :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Just ordered - currently living in the UK and it has cost me just £9.98 a month!! That is absolutely fantastic.

Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭roseym

Ordered on Friday and they arrived today, so pleased because I'm running very low. Couldn't ask for more at this price, it's brill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MariaAwber

Wana a best place to buy contact lens then click here

MariaAwber wrote: »
    Wana a best place to buy contact lens then click here

Er.. customs might add a bit to the price of those as they are coming from outside EU (I know a guy who was caught recently for VAT)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

(I know a guy who was caught recently for VAT)

Yeah, me!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Just finished a trial 5 day period of contact lenses with my optician. all went well however I really dont want to buy from him as he seems very dear. Would love to buy online and would love to buy coloured lenses. How ever I have astigmatism and I need Toric lenses. Are coloured lenses available to buy in colour? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or give me any other info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Need to get new lenses, so was pricing around.... Quite specific I know, but may help somebody else! Others may be able to make use of the delivery charges quoted!

Focus Visitint (6) Delivery Total (6) Total (12)
    Yourlens.ie 20.20 5 25.20 45.4
    Lensbase 18.90 6.50 25.40 44.3
    Lensway.ie 20.20 4.50 24.70 44.9
    Eurolens.ie 21.99 FREE 21.99 43.98
    Visiondirect 21.00 6.50 27.50 48
    OpticalInstitute 19.95 5.95 25.9 45.85

As both my eyes are the same I think i'll jus order 6 from Eurolens... As ordering 12 won't save any money as these are still the cheapest!

EDIT: didn't know how to format this right so i realise its impossible to read!
    Eurolens.ie is the cheapest. Tried making a html table, don't know much about html and couldn't get it to work so gave up :-(

Are those prices for one months supply, both eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

They come in boxes of 6. These are monthly lenses, not daily... so each lens last a month... 12 will do both eyes for 6 months....my eyes are the same so one box of 6 will do me for 3 months... I switched from dailies to save some money! but still use dailies if i'm going out, so i don't have to worry about losing one etc.

• Advertisement

Need to get new lenses, so was pricing around.... Quite specific I know, but may help somebody else! Others may be able to make use of the delivery charges quoted!

Focus Visitint (6) Delivery Total (6) Total (12)
    Yourlens.ie 20.20 5 25.20 45.4
    Lensbase 18.90 6.50 25.40 44.3
    Lensway.ie 20.20 4.50 24.70 44.9
    Eurolens.ie 21.99 FREE 21.99 43.98
    Visiondirect 21.00 6.50 27.50 48
    OpticalInstitute 19.95 5.95 25.9 45.85

As both my eyes are the same I think i'll jus order 6 from Eurolens... As ordering 12 won't save any money as these are still the cheapest!

EDIT: didn't know how to format this right so i realise its impossible to read!
    Eurolens.ie is the cheapest. Tried making a html table, don't know much about html and couldn't get it to work so gave up :-(

Read this thread before you buy from Eurolens !

Advertisement