Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest place to buy contact lenses?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moiragannaire

Maybe try refreshing drops? I swear by daysoft lenses, have beden getting them the last year or so, only sorry I didnt know about them sooner they're waaaaaay cheaper than what I was paying in my local opticians.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

Thank you. I will order them when next I need lens. Anything is worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bluebubbles

Silver33 wrote: »
    Ordered a month supply of daysoft 58 dailies for €15.98 euro!!!!

http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE

received them yesterday and am thrilled! Have been paying €50 a month for years for my contacts!!!
    My optician will now be used only for the required check up! :p

Have been using the daysoft dailies for months - A1. Value and comfort!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ladyA

Hate to throw a spanner in the works but I wasn't happy with daysoft.

Can't fault their customer service and low price but they just weren't comfortable in my eyes.

Just for other users I am -9 and normally use Bausch & Lomb dailies. Unfortunately I found the daysofts irritating after a few hours of use and my eyes have been red and bloodshot for a number of days.

However I wouldn't discourage anyone from giving them a go given that they will refund you if they don't work out and for those low prices if they work for you then happy days - I only wished they worked for me!

Back to paying ridiculous prices for me it is!

I should also maybe add that I am a fussy contact lens wearer - I think because I am so blind contacts just aren't that comfortable any more - I'm not even fully satisfied with B&L so if anyone has any suggestions for very comfortable lenses it would be welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Anyone who wants 10% off at aclens should use the coupon code of SAVENOW until the 24 of sept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Sir Arsalot

Hi - I was wondering regarding the Get Lenses site, do they actually contact your optician to check your prescription?
    I'd like to order from them as they take Laser and are Irish,
    but I'm trying the Bates method ( natural vision improvement ) which among other things involves wearing slightly weaker lenses than what you were prescribed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Sir Arsalot

ladyA wrote: »
    Hate to throw a spanner in the works but I wasn't happy with daysoft.

Can't fault their customer service and low price but they just weren't comfortable in my eyes.

Just for other users I am -9 and normally use Bausch & Lomb dailies. Unfortunately I found the daysofts irritating after a few hours of use and my eyes have been red and bloodshot for a number of days.

However I wouldn't discourage anyone from giving them a go given that they will refund you if they don't work out and for those low prices if they work for you then happy days - I only wished they worked for me!

Back to paying ridiculous prices for me it is!

I should also maybe add that I am a fussy contact lens wearer - I think because I am so blind contacts just aren't that comfortable any more - I'm not even fully satisfied with B&L so if anyone has any suggestions for very comfortable lenses it would be welcome!

You might try silicone hydrogel ( 5 times more oxygen ) ones rather than the dailies. I was prescribed Air Optix - they're very good but now they've brought out new Air Optix Aqua which are just as breathable and supposed to be even more comfortable. Haven't tried yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

My daysofts arrived a few days ago, very happy so far. Outstanding value, I paid 72 euro for 6 months, the equivalent in specsavers would cost 300 euro(acuve moist).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tooler08

How do you go about getting contact lenses off http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE if you have a differnt power in each eye? Do they ship out half a month for each eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

tooler08 wrote: »
    How do you go about getting contact lenses off http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/IE if you have a differnt power in each eye? Do they ship out half a month for each eye?

During the ordering process you just select the different power for each eye from a drop down menu - it's the same for all online contact lens suppliers. If you order a month's supply from daysoft to try them out you will get a box of 32 lenses for each eye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Yep got 4 months supply. Really cheap, comfortable to wear, well packaged and came quick. I'm going to continue with this crowd. hopefully this sparks a price war with all contacts manufacturers. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tooler08

Squiggle wrote: »
    During the ordering process you just select the different power for each eye from a drop down menu - it's the same for all online contact lens suppliers. If you order a month's supply from daysoft to try them out you will get a box of 32 lenses for each eye.

Thanks for the reply ,Is that for the same price? If it is i am definitey getting them , what a bargain:D

If you order just one month to try them out it's €7.99 per box ie €7.99 for the box of lenses for your left eye and €7.99 for the box of 32 for the right eye. If you order for two or more months it's €5.99 per box - no postage charges either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Just used day soft lenses for the last week and I can honestly say I have not noticed any difference to my usual lense. Much cheaper too. Thanks for the link. Nice to get value for money for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

www.accuity.co.uk

I just ordered 30 pairs of 1 day acuvue moist for £32.50 (just about 35 euro ) and free postage

Seems like these are one of the cheapest around for branded ones - anyone have any problems ordering from these guys? www.getlenses.com possibly may match their price but dunno how they would handle the stg conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

MickeyD wrote: »
    Seems like these are one of the cheapest around for branded ones - anyone have any problems ordering from these guys? www.getlenses.com possibly may match their price but dunno how they would handle the stg conversion.

the initial order takes a few extra days as they need to check your prescription w/ the shop. I have order twice from them and so has my BF. ALL GOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

I have ordered from them without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Can't quite tell from the posts, anyone else here with an astigmatism ordered from any of these sites and happy with the results? Do I just need my prescription to order? Used to wear monthly disposables years ago, and priced dailies in my optician the other day, not impressed with the price. But I had an eye-test recently so know my current prescription.

lukester wrote: »
    Can't quite tell from the posts, anyone else here with an astigmatism ordered from any of these sites and happy with the results? Do I just need my prescription to order? Used to wear monthly disposables years ago, and priced dailies in my optician the other day, not impressed with the price. But I had an eye-test recently so know my current prescription.

Get your optician to sort you out for contacts first ( they will give you a trial pair and check the fit, sight etc. ) and then you can go on line and buy from a recommended site. Your prescription for your contacts will more than likely be different to your glasses prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Recently ordered some lenses from getlenses.com as the particular type that I use seemed quite cheap. Entered my optician's details as requested on their website for them to verify my prescription.

Then on the order confirmation email I notced this:

Important information for Irish Customers!
    Due to recent changes in the legislation governing the supply of contact lenses in Ireland, opticians will no longer confirm your contact lens prescription directly with us.

Anyone know anything about this legislation?

• Advertisement

MackQ wrote: »
    Recently ordered some lenses from getlenses.com as the particular type that I use seemed quite cheap. Entered my optician's details as requested on their website for them to verify my prescription.

Then on the order confirmation email I notced this:

Important information for Irish Customers!
    Due to recent changes in the legislation governing the supply of contact lenses in Ireland, opticians will no longer confirm your contact lens prescription directly with us.

Anyone know anything about this legislation?

I don't know about any changes but will getlenses.com not supply you because of this? Can you not FAX or scan and email your prescription to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Ordered a batch of daysoft lenses last week and am absolutlely delighted with them...wore them the last two days and not so much as an itch with them in for most of the day! I did notice their texture seemed a little different to my usual focus dailies, they seemed a bit more flimsy or thinner somehow. Just have to be careful handling them I guess. I also love the strip method of packaging, saves so much waste! I ordered a one month supply as a tril run for 15 euro, but I'll definitely be back to get my 6 months supply for over 50% cheaper than what I was paying!

Thanks for bringing my attention to them boardsies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Squiggle wrote: »
    I don't know about any changes but will getlenses.com not supply you because of this? Can you not FAX or scan and email your prescription to them?

Firstly, I am curious about the legislation.

Secondly, during their ordering process, they ask for your optician's details and state that they will contact them directly to verify your prescription. Only when the order is complete do you get this "Irish customers please note" notice in the confirmation email.

I am annoyed because I am low on lenses and can't get to my optician until next week.

MackQ wrote: »
    Firstly, I am curious about the legislation.

Secondly, during their ordering process, they ask for your optician's details and state that they will contact them directly to verify your prescription. Only when the order is complete do you get this "Irish customers please note" notice in the confirmation email.

I am annoyed because I am low on lenses and can't get to my optician until next week.

Fair enough , yourlenses don't require a copy of your prescription, and I can recommend them, if that's any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

What's the logic behind needing to confirm a prescription with an optician? Is it just to make sure you've been fitted for contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Any one help me out there? Trying to order form daysoft...but only want lenses for the left eye as they don't do toric lenses..but it seems i have to put in a right eye reading...how do I get round it?

Any one help me out there? Trying to order form daysoft...but only want lenses for the left eye as they don't do toric lenses..but it seems i have to put in a right eye reading...how do I get round it?

Put in the same prescription for the right eye as you put in for your left eye so if you get, for example, one months supply you will have 64 lenses for your left eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

just want to ask anyone who has bought lenses from daysoft, what are the payment options when buying from them?
    wondering could i use a 3v card to buy from them as i dnt have a credit card!
    Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

wina1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

It was only recently when I got totally fed up of using Specsavers - sick of them getting my perscription mixed up and getting over charged that I moved to an independent opticians. They advised me that you are entitled to €40 (each year or every two years) off thru PRSI your contact lens. Specsavers don't tell ya that - so basically I got one month free!!!

Specsavers told me that yesterday. took my PPS number to check if i am eligible

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jackyh

i've been using these lenses for over a year now i find them great! really comfortable too...:)

Advertisement