Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheryl Tweedy/ Cole/ Fernadez-Versini /

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TicTac2

My firts post.....go for it cheryl:):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

orla wrote: »
    Cabra. Another scobie area. I just don't happen to dress like the typical scobie.

She reminded me of these kind of girls

That looks like Knocklyon in the background of that photo, not really a scobie area in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

That looks like Knocklyon in the background of that photo, not really a scobie area in fairness

Have you some kind of point to make?

I said Cheryl reminded me of the kind of girls who wear orange tan and have bleached blonde hair with the dress she wore on the final night. The picture is an example of the type of girls i'm talking about.

Oh and it's not Knocklyon, it's Ashington.

orla wrote: »
    Have you some kind of point to make?

I said Cheryl reminded me of the kind of girls who wear orange tan and have bleached blonde hair with the dress she wore on the final night. The picture is an example of the type of girls i'm talking about.

Oh and it's not Knocklyon, it's Ashington.

Yeh i made my point thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Just to get away from the class war thet you people are having (:rolleyes:), her new single is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's not even my personal taste in music but I reckon it's a decent song. Her voice has possibly been enhanced, but not to the ridiculous levels of the likes of Kanye West. If she has the confidence she could pull this off live no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I like Cheryl but the ad is a lil hard to understand with her accent and I usually have no problem understanding her.

I had to listen to it a few times before I understood that she was saying "found the answer to our hair prayers" (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact words).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Born Red 79

I love her. Love her accent and it was quite easy to understand as I don't live under a rock or in a bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

LZ5by5 wrote: »

It's not even my personal taste in music but I reckon it's a decent song. Her voice has possibly been enhanced, but not to the ridiculous levels of the likes of Kanye West. If she has the confidence she could pull this off live no bother.

If she cant pull this off live - someone should retire her.
    Rubbish lyrics. Rubbish vid. Totally forgetable from a pretty mediocre singer.
    But she is indeed very beautiful since she got her teeth straightened and whitened and the extensions in and all that .... oh to have a personal trainer/chef and all her money to spend... I have gotten a better song :rolleyes:
    (having a bad day :o)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I agree, the song is pants, for a woman who sits there judging some pretty spectacular singers I find it a bit bizarre..

Don't get me wrong I think she's a nice enough person and she is stunning to look at but the voice needs a lot to be desired.. at least with girls aloud she has the backup of the other 4 girls vocally.. she can't really hide her mediocrity when she's on her tod :o

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

I cant wait until she performs it next week on X factor because even though its a simple song to sing I dont think she can reach some of the high notes in the chorus without the help of computers.

In saying that, a hated the song at first but now after hearing it a bit I completely love it!I say fair play to her/her team for releasing it at the exact right time when her popularity is soaring.

She wont be performing live on X factor next week as she is intimidated by Whitney Houston - she'll lip sync or prerecord her appearance

JP Liz wrote: »
    She wont be performing live on X factor next week as she is intimidated by Whitney Houston - she'll lip sync or prerecord her appearance

See that p*sses me off no end.
    Sing live... heck stand still if you have to but sing live.

I sing... i cant wait to get me new trax finished up and i'll be singing live as soon as i can! I HATE people lip- syncing.. i'd rather you stood still and sang. Although maybe in an hour long show with some dance numbers i guess i could understand, but even at that - yer one in PCD sings and dances at same time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 racheypachey

I don't get the fasicination with this woman. Yes she is beautiful but there is something that I dont buy, I mean she is a bit of a chav and was aressted for assault and has made racist remarks, Nation's sweetheart? Um ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

her comments about kandy rain dressing too provocatively made her look like a hypocrite. She dressed JUST the same way with Girl's Aloud. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't think I've ever heard anything quite as bad as her song. Dare I say it, but I'd rather listen to lady gaga.

She's absolutely gorgeous, but even in that video she doesn't look that great, there are some shots that make her look like Jordan! :eek:

I don't get the fasicination with this woman. Yes she is beautiful but there is something that I dont buy, I mean she is a bit of a chav and was aressted for assault and has made racist remarks, Nation's sweetheart? Um ok...

Exactly, she acts all sweet and innocent, the same girl who punched the head off some black girl in the toilets of a nightclub.
    She was such a hypocrite about Kandy Rains outfits, does she not remember the dress she wore for her 26th birthday. she's so false, she was so fake the way she said she couldnt tell that lad that he was out of the competition, left the poor lad sitting there waiting for her, it was all for a bit more attention on her.
    Her and Ashley deserve each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

Her and Ashley deserve each other.

fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bubblefizz

jackncoke wrote: »
    +1
    Cheryl is such a stunner, i have to say she is a completely diff league to that scanger Lily Allen.... i hope one day she dumps that Ashley though!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bubblefizz

malene wrote: »
    her comments about kandy rain dressing too provocatively made her look like a hypocrite. She dressed JUST the same way with Girl's Aloud. :mad:

Not at the start or before they won the show- when they were getting albums out there then they did- when they had there fan base!!!! Kandy Rain were full of it they loved dressin 'less' for Simon and Louis!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

what really pissed me off was when she said to the twins, '' ye cant sing, thats a fact''. Eh cheryl your not a great singer yourself(which is why your going to be miming this saturday).
    I thought it was a very cutting comment, they can sing...sometimes, there not great singers but there not the worst in the world and Cheryl and the other judges are the reason they are in the live shows in the first place. :mad:
    Shes coming off as an arrogant cocky idiot this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

what really pissed me off was when she said to the twins, '' ye cant sing, thats a fact''. Eh cheryl your not a great singer yourself(which is why your going to be miming this saturday).
    I thought it was a very cutting comment, they can sing...sometimes, there not great singers but there not the worst in the world and Cheryl and the other judges are the reason they are in the live shows in the first place. :mad:

but would you still hit it?

Bubblefizz wrote: »
    Not at the start or before they won the show- when they were getting albums out there then they did- when they had there fan base!!!! Kandy Rain were full of it they loved dressin 'less' for Simon and Louis!!!

I love that Kandy Rain are doing what they want!
    Fair play to them, NOT playing it all safe or acting how other people would like them to be.
    I love that they are being true to themselves and not putting on some show for the public then changing totally after the x factor.

I admire that they wanted to be themselves. And will continue to do so. No fake role models there. And i think they are sexy, confident and great! The start of their careers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Very pretty girl, although I think Kimberly is the stunner in Girls Aloud.
    Her live performance of her new song on X Factor was shockingly bad.
    She would definitely be booted off

If she cant pull this off live - someone should retire her.
    Rubbish lyrics. Rubbish vid. Totally forgetable from a pretty mediocre singer.
    But she is indeed very beautiful since she got her teeth straightened and whitened and the extensions in and all that .... oh to have a personal trainer/chef and all her money to spend... I have gotten a better song :rolleyes:
    (having a bad day :o)

You don't say mini-Koth. :p

Anyway, Cheryl is starting to wear a little thing with me this year on the X Factor. I think she's making the mistake of believing being nasty = better judge. She's going OTT and Dannii is really beginning to put her in the shade.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You don't say mini-Koth. :p

Anyway, Cheryl is starting to wear a little thing with me this year on the X Factor. I think she's making the mistake of believing being nasty = better judge. She's going OTT and Dannii is really beginning to put her in the shade.

I agree. I will say 'ok she sang live' now. Not gonna say well done, coz its the most simple tune in the world.
    But im glad she sang live..
    Imagine Lip Syncing on that stage while Whitney sits at side stage :eek:
    However, Danni is coming across so well this year.

I agree. I will say 'ok she sang live' now. Not gonna say well done, coz its the most simple tune in the world.
    But im glad she sang live..
    Imagine Lip Syncing on that stage while Whitney sits at side stage :eek:
    However, Danni is coming across so well this year.

Well you see I always thought that she was a rubbish singer, she was terribly out of tune when she performed with Girls Aloud on the X Factor last year. So my opinion was so low of her that I was impressed that she managed to sing half decently on Saturday. :o

Whitney wasn't too great herself, she was doing a "Robbie" for half of the song. :pac:

She is on course to be No. 1 this weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'd roide them both.

Advertisement