Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pull out shelves for Kitchen corner unit

• 29-03-2021 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Hi all, we have a corner unit with two doors in our kitchen that's hard to get stuff out of and we'd like those pull out shelves or baskets, does anyone know of a good system to use in this kind of unit?
    A carpenter had a look at Hafele and Heitich for us but they don't do ones for this size or shape I think.

We don't really want the carousels.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Is the depth of that cabinet correct? 50cm is particularly shallow, you're going to find it tough to find something to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭milout

BopNiblets wrote: »

We don't really want the carousels.

You'll struggle for anything other than a carousel with the dimensions you have, however if you are willing to lose space you could board out the inside of the cabinets and treat them as two separate units so you can install drawers, like the metal ones Flanagan's have:

http://www.fff.ie/baskets

It would be awful tight though, so you'd need to check measurements and perhaps only install the drawers in one side and have the other as a space for big items like mixer / things which don't get used as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Thanks for the replies, yeah is seems like my choices are limited, my preference would be the drawers that come out diagonally but the missus doesn't like them either! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

What width is the worktop

Advertisement