Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zotac VR Go

• 26-04-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭

So a company is after bringing out a desktop backpack to all you to VR on the move. It looks ok, but I wonder how extended gameplay would be on it:

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/vr-go#spec

The following are the main specs, rest on the link above:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-6700T (quad-core, 2.8 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz)
    Chipset: Intel, NVIDIA
    System Memory: 16GB DDR4 SODIMM
    Graphics Engine: GeForce® GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 256-bit
    Video Output:
    - 3 x HDMI 2.0
    - 2 x DisplayPort 1.3
    - (up to 4 displays)

Seems like a step in the right direction, but at 5kg it may start to get heavy after a while. Up to 2 hours gametime, but extendable due to hotswapable batteries. I'd love to give it a go, and I'm not quite up to date with the spec, so does that look like a PC capable of giving a proper VR experience, with a 1070?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I thought there was a few similar models trialed about 2-3 years ago? Not sure if they ever go general release

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

none of the where to buy links actually link to the product

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Skerries wrote: »
    none of the where to buy links actually link to the product

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thinking this would be possible now with a Rift S and a gaming laptop.

I have the laptop, which I use with my current CV1 Rift, but potentially if I got a Rift S it could be a high-spec Quest replacement :)

Battery life would suck though.

Advertisement