Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

RedXIV wrote: »
    Just to confirm what a lot of people suspected, there is a "VR Ready bundle" that is available at $500 (VR headset alone was $400 if I remember correctly). The bundle includes the following:
    • PS VR headset
    • PS VR cables
    • Stereo Headphones
    • PlayStation VR Demo Disc
    • PlayStation Camera
    • 2 PlayStation Move motion controllers
    • PlayStation VR Worlds (disc)

3023837-3907184160-25870.jpg

Any sign of this getting a EU pre-order? I'm gonna go for this option, but need a heads up with the pre-orders are available.

Would far prefer to go with Smyths as a retailer than the likes of Gamestop here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

went to smyths yesterday to pre order and couldn't said I needed to do it online as they didnt have a product code on their system to do the pre-order in store, I said does the online need 400 euro up front and they said not sure but probably yeah. So in the end against my will i went to gamestop and pre-ordered there. Smyths need to get their act together

• Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've preordered with Smyths a few times for games and they don't take the money until you collect the game. They do a check or something the day/night before so you need the money in your account then, but they don't actually take the money until you collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭RedXIV

went to smyths yesterday to pre order and couldn't said I needed to do it online as they didnt have a product code on their system to do the pre-order in store, I said does the online need 400 euro up front and they said not sure but probably yeah. So in the end against my will i went to gamestop and pre-ordered there. Smyths need to get their act together

To be fair, it looks like gamestop are going by the RRP so I don't have a problem with using them in that case.

Are none of you guys waiting for the VR Bundle with unit/camera/sticks/game bundle?

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    Are none of you guys waiting for the VR Bundle with unit/camera/sticks/game bundle?

Oh I will be looking for that bundle. :D just need to confirm gamestop will only look for the €500 for it :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Oh I will be looking for that bundle. :D just need to confirm gamestop will only look for the €500 for it :D

I have such a big problem with Gamestop and their inflated prices. I would prefer not to give them the business.

I've mailed Smyths to check if they will be adding it to pre-order on their site.

Do Argos do Pre-Order?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have such a big problem with Gamestop and their inflated prices. I would prefer not to give them the business.

I've mailed Smyths to check if they will be adding it to pre-order on their site.

Do Argos do Pre-Order?

Not in Ireland they don't.

Checked that when i was pre ordering and was told I could get that bundle as my pre order if and when its announced, not sure if i want it yet though as i already have the PS Camera, but with the move controller and game included its still might offer some value, I could sell the camera as it will be in demand by then I expect

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Checked that when i was pre ordering and was told I could get that bundle as my pre order if and when its announced, not sure if i want it yet though as i already have the PS Camera, but with the move controller and game included its still might offer some value, I could sell the camera as it will be in demand by then I expect

That smyths?

Gamestop will only do so in store, online you'd be stuck with the base one.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    That smyths?

Gamestop will only do so in store, online you'd be stuck with the base one.

No that was gamestop and instore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon UK are saying they can not guarantee any more orders for launch day from this point. All orders will be treated on a first placed basis.

Sony must be laughing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sony must be laughing at this stage.
    Maybe they're sh1tting themselves about a Kinect level launch lineup :D

They need to have a serious killer app ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Comig to all 3 of the big players:

Thargor wrote: »
    Maybe they're sh1tting themselves about a Kinect level launch lineup :D

They need to have a serious killer app ready to go.

I mean laughing at the thought of all the money.

Killer app or not I don't think they expected the VR system to be this popular so early when no one has any idea what it's really like.

Only game I'd get it for would be Ace Combat 7 and that would only be if AC7 is as good as AC Zero and 5. Infinity was bad, while AC6 looked great graphically the story was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Michael Pacter made a good point in a recent video on Youtube, he said he can see VR taking off in Japan where console sales have been bombing.
    He puts it down to Japanese not having the room for a big screen gaming so the VR angle will allow them all the benefits of big screen gaming, in a small environment.

Still no sign of a pre-order though of the bundle here.

That's really a big one. With the VR system you can take your PS4 and plug it in anywhere. Basically a portable 50" HDTV for €400 at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Used to lug a 22" display with me when I living out of hotels for work, wouldn't have been terrible if I'd this then, even a 22" is a pain to pack especially if you doing more than going to a car to a hotel and back again.
    Michael Pacter made a good point in a recent video on Youtube, he said he can see VR taking off in Japan where console sales have been bombing.
    He puts it down to Japanese not having the room for a big screen gaming so the VR angle will allow them all the benefits of big screen gaming, in a small environment.

Good time to release a new Sword art online game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But how many people who preordered, did so just in case they want it. Half those preorders could be cancelled closer the time as reviews start to come in.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But how many people who preordered, did so just in case they want it. Half those preorders could be cancelled closer the time as reviews start to come in.

I think people who pre order just want the latest great tech piece and something new to try regardless of launch games, I mean people who bought ps4 early didn't exactly get the cream of the crop with games I mean knack sold a ton of copies, can't see many who pre order this early cancelling. I pre ordered because I know I will want it when it arrives and dont want to risk waiting till next year to get one

Still no sign of a pre-order though of the bundle here.

Can you not order this directly in GameStop?

just wondering?

Whatever about their software prices, if they have the bundle for the RRP, it's a handy place to throw a few quid every payday and make the overall cost spread out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I pre-ordered it in Gamestop already. You can walk into any store and pre-order still surely. To be fair, Gamestop tend to be fine for hardware prices. Also, they usually let you change you pre-order to a bundle, once they know about them. I did that for my PS4 pre-order.

Already have a camera and one one move controller. Need to get a 2nd one at some point, but no one seems to have them new anymore, and rather not get a 2nd hand one.

wes wrote: »
    Already have a camera and one one move controller. Need to get a 2nd one at some point, but no one seems to have them new anymore, and rather not get a 2nd hand one.

I saw some new ones in Tesco in Gorey, down in Wexford 2 weeks ago....this was before the VR announcement so they might be gone now but I'll be down at the weekend and will check again if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Pre-ordered off gamestop, I'm a sucker for new tech. Have a mini-disc player and a Vita to prove it!

Pre-ordered off gamestop, I'm a sucker for new tech. Have a mini-disc player and a Vita to prove it!

mini disc player is music player gold!

Snap! Pre-ordered today, same place I pre-ordered the Vita. Still remember picking it up on launch day. Standing all by myself out side the shop till the manager came who looked blatantly surprised anyone was waiting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I put in the Pre-order today as well, The Cinematic mode made me think I would really like it and the price is very fair for the tech imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I pre ordered off Amazon just there. Don't think I'll get it on launch day.

I wonder what the odds are of walking into an Argos on the morning of release, and picking one up (Castlebar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Sony will be making a profit on the PSVR hardware according to Yoshida in this interview, begins 12 mins in.

[url]hhttp://youtu.be/MX97aycXvPQ#t=12m[/url]

Thats a serious accomplishment considering the price.

Also Horizon Zero Dawn is targeted for an Autumn release apparently. :)

Advertisement