Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forums showing last page first

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

It's doing it when you click onto page 2 now and page not found 404

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry guys, this is a known intermittent error. It should be fixed by a refresh or two of the page. Unfortunately we're not in a position to spend time fixing it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

This is getting worse and worse. Now taking several refresh’s to actually work.hopefully gets sorted asap as it’s a pain to have to do this every time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

Is this the same bug that is causing old threads first to appear on the version 1 app? Would be great if you get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

I get the same error happening to me. Its when I navigate through the Forums to say, Motors, I get posts from 15 years ago. I've no Refresh like on the main page. I'm using a Sony Android phone.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry guys, it is a known error which the devs are looking into. We don't have a time frame for a fix just yet btu will get one as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Same issue here, absolute pain in the hole.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bit nuts that this has been ongoing for a MONTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bit nuts that this has been ongoing for a MONTH!

Theirs bugs on here for years, literally years that they haven't fixed. This is nothing.

I'm curious what the Dev guys do at all though at the same time.

Great jobs.

#shouldhavebeenadev

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Mostly seems to happen on mobile for me.

Also anyone else notice that the forum can be extremely slow on mobile. Threads slow to load, not opening etc before internet is suggested as the problem, no issues Browsing through other forums on the web.

• Advertisement

It never happened to me on mobile or laptop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Only on the phone here. Android through the app.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all,

This issue only seems to be impacting those using the mobile version of the site. Sorry for the ongoing issue and disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hi all,

This issue only seems to be impacting those using the mobile version of the site. Sorry for the ongoing issue and disruption.

Yes happening on mobile only still, also very slow today loading

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement