Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lenovo Smart Clock / Smart Clock Essential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Must have been a pricing error? It's showing £79 for me.

Nah, BT have had it at that price a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Must have gone up. I did check it when it was posted and it showed 39

I managed to order one, interesting to see if it turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Nice catch/find if it does turn up at that price. I bought one last night from UK Google Store for £59 (contacted Irl Store early this week when a potential purchase there was showing a delivery date of 31-Dec to 04-Jan and yesterday was waiting list only)

Those still looking for something similar, you can get a 2 pack of Echo Show 5s for £70 with code ECHOSHOW2PCK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KD7TJD6?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

As mentioned before, check Currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Arrived today, model with screen. Very impressed. Decent sound, works as a picture frame and can answer nest hello doorbell.

My nest has shipped from BT. Happy with that.
    Picked up two of the Lenovos from Currys yesterday too. Main use is to answer a nest hello doorbell... Missus loves it, nicked one of them for her bedside locker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ordered an essential and it was delivered via UPS in less than 24 hours. Savage fast turnaround time.

Oh and a pretty decent product too, love the simple style and look of it.

Thanks OP for the heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ordered the essential for the bedroom, but raging missed the stock on it's bigger brother (want to pair it with new nest doorbell)
    Curry's is a fiver dearer, and then when you add postage, hits €45 something..

Gonna keep an eye on Lenovo stock and try nab it on there!

Hi
    Is it possible to set screen brightness to 2 from time x to y and then brightness to 6 from time y to z and then it do this automatically every day?
    Thanks
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If its useful to anyone the Essential version is €0.50 cheaper (After delivery) from Littlewoods :o

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lenovo-smart-clock-essential/1600525738.prd?_requestid=504727&Ntt=lenov%20smart%20clock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    Is it possible to set screen brightness to 2 from time x to y and then brightness to 6 from time y to z and then it do this automatically every day?
    Thanks
    Pa

AFAIK, you got to set it via voice command as required. It's goes from 1-100 BTW. So 50 would be 50% of the brightness. But no option for automatic. But my screen was brighter during the day and come night time was dimmed again back to what I set it at.

*This is on the essential I'm on about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is there a knack to ordering on bt store? Can’t seem to do it? Using PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just arrived via DPD from Currys. The black one was definitely the one to go for :)

20201130-122522.jpg

So cute! :D

Got mine on Sat (prefer the grey to black)

It's great, extremely small which is great for bedside.

It's a very thin sound, not as good as Echo Dot (3rd Gen) and there's no option to change bass or treble. Given the size of it you shouldn't expect much better sound. Ideal for me would be better sound but not much bigger size. Someone recommended Google Next Hub for better sound, I also saw Lenovo Smart Display. Might look at these down the line if I really want better sound. As it's in bedroom, music isn't for long listening so it mightn't be an issue.

Update- just read this
    "The Google Nest Hub sounds marginally better, but considering the size of the full-range speaker it’d be fair to expect a more marked difference between the two"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

For anybody looking....

Nest Hubs are (were last week defo) in Power City for €69.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got mine on Sat (prefer the grey to black)

It's great, extremely small which is great for bedside.

It's a very thin sound, not as good as Echo Dot (3rd Gen) and there's no option to change bass or treble. Given the size of it you shouldn't expect much better sound. Ideal for me would be better sound but not much bigger size. Someone recommended Google Next Hub for better sound, I also saw Lenovo Smart Display. Might look at these down the line if I really want better sound. As it's in bedroom, music isn't for long listening so it mightn't be an issue.

Update- just read this
    "The Google Nest Hub sounds marginally better, but considering the size of the full-range speaker it’d be fair to expect a more marked difference between the two"

Yea have it all setup now and very impressed with it. Its paired to my phone as I type this playing tunes from the (phone's) onboard storage and have no complaints with the sound for what it is at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Seems back in stock at 30 for the essentials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

wait4me wrote: »
    For anybody looking....

Nest Hubs are (were last week defo) in Power City for €69.95.

Can't find them on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

For those that have the essential clock - There was a Google Home App update today, which seems to have added the feature to set it as 24hrs.

Hi,
    How the hell do I display photos from my Google photos?
    If u ask it it'll display 1 photo, I have multiple Google photo albums.
    I googled it but can't find step by step instructions.
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Hi,
    How the hell do I display photos from my Google photos?
    If u ask it it'll display 1 photo, I have multiple Google photo albums.
    I googled it but can't find step by step instructions.
    Thanks,
    Pa
    Use the Google Home app, change the settings for the device.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Use the Google Home app, change the settings for the device.

Thanks. I tried that-
    In Google Home I select the device- settings icon- there's no option for 'photo frame'....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

It's a very thin sound, not as good as Echo Dot (3rd Gen) and there's no option to change bass or treble.
    There is an option to change bass and treble. It's in the home app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

drogon. wrote: »
    For those that have the essential clock - There was a Google Home App update today, which seems to have added the feature to set it as 24hrs.

Fantastic. That was the one thing that was bugging me about it. Other than that it's a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks. I tried that-
    In Google Home I select the device- settings icon- there's no option for 'photo frame'....

I believe you choose the Photo's option from the clock itself. I don't think you set it from the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I believe you choose the Photo's option from the clock itself. I don't think you set it from the app.

Correct, can't remember which way you swipe but you can set the background

Advertisement