02-12-2020, 13:08   #1501
Si_zx10r

Sucks for everyone, another 8 weeks and fingers crossed this will all be behind us 🙈 will be reapplying for the psni before we get our results at this rate 😂😂
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-12-2020, 13:16   #1502
Brodin2693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_zx10r View Post
Sucks for everyone, another 8 weeks and fingers crossed this will all be behind us 🙈 will be reapplying for the psni before we get our results at this rate 😂😂
Just to do the AC all over again for the craic 😂😂😂
Thanks from:
02-12-2020, 13:22   #1503
Bafta12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_zx10r View Post
😂😂have done that before. Good luck everyone.
Thanks from:
03-12-2020, 00:55   #1504
Newbieee

That’s a shame the results aren’t out until Jan now but hang in there. Hopefully it’s positive news for everyone!

It’s a long long process for sure. As I said way back in this thread you could be talking from application to starting GV it could be 2 years odd
03-12-2020, 06:39   #1505
CuppaTay

Shame that you're having to wait longer on your results, the waiting is the hardest part at times to be honest. You're right about the potential for 2 years, I'm still waiting on getting an enrolment date for the training college from the 2018 campaign. Hopefully you've all smashed the AC so you're not waiting as long as I've been!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-12-2020, 07:19   #1506
mariyapsni

The PSNI have also updated their website regarding the new results release date - by close on the 29th of January. If there is a new campaign in the meantime i will be re-applying I wonder if that's allowed
03-12-2020, 07:51   #1507
Si_zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariyapsni View Post
The PSNI have also updated their website regarding the new results release date - by close on the 29th of January. If there is a new campaign in the meantime i will be re-applying I wonder if that's allowed
You can no problem, many people do it
03-12-2020, 14:23   #1508
KN1231999

i wonder if they will be doing another recruitment in January, i thought they would have skipped a year
03-12-2020, 15:33   #1509
Gonzo94

Can't see there being another recruitment any time soon if I'm honest. I can see their budget being slashed post March and who knows if that will have any knock on effects for the current campaigns.

I proper feel sorry for all of you in the 2020 campaign waiting on those AC results. Nothing short of shambolic imo. Those of us who are still left in the 2018 campaign feel your pain. We've been hit with setback after setback due to covid etc. We don't even know when our next intake will be. So god knows when you guys will get in.
Advertisement
03-12-2020, 16:33   #1510
Brodin2693

The only plus side is they are crying out for more officers, they’re so understaffed as is, I’d say the 600 odd theyre looking with this campaign will be safe enough but I’d say there won’t be another recruitment campaign for a good few years
03-12-2020, 19:15   #1511
PSNIhopeful1

Haven't been on the boards in a while. I'm in fast track group 1, just have medical left to do and nothing else. Medical is very soon.

Even I'm gutted by the delay for results as I want to know where I am on the merit list and how long it will be before I'm called for Garnerville etc if I pass the medical.

It's been a long and stressful year not only with the application process but also with my current job as I work in healthcare and it's been absolutely nuts with covid and now coming up to the annual christmas rush.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I'll be to leave this job if I pass medical. On the bright side, I'll be getting the covid vaccine within the next 2 weeks due to being frontline staff and should be immune before I start Garnerville lol. Not even covid can stop me then!

To the people I met at PCA, you all seemed like great people and I can't wait to work with you all granted we pass the remaining stages.

Also, to anyone still doing AC's, good luck. They're daunting but if you do your research you will be fine.

Loooking forward to the last stage now and hopefully passing it so that the process can finally come to an end after waiting since the 1710 campaign!

Last edited by PSNIhopeful1; 03-12-2020 at 19:15. Reason: error with italics
03-12-2020, 19:39   #1512
MrChew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNIhopeful1 View Post
Haven't been on the boards in a while. I'm in fast track group 1, just have medical left to do and nothing else. Medical is very soon.

Even I'm gutted by the delay for results as I want to know where I am on the merit list and how long it will be before I'm called for Garnerville etc if I pass the medical.

It's been a long and stressful year not only with the application process but also with my current job as I work in healthcare and it's been absolutely nuts with covid and now coming up to the annual christmas rush.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I'll be to leave this job if I pass medical. On the bright side, I'll be getting the covid vaccine within the next 2 weeks due to being frontline staff and should be immune before I start Garnerville lol. Not even covid can stop me then!

To the people I met at PCA, you all seemed like great people and I can't wait to work with you all granted we pass the remaining stages.

Also, to anyone still doing AC's, good luck. They're daunting but if you do your research you will be fine.

Loooking forward to the last stage now and hopefully passing it so that the process can finally come to an end after waiting since the 1710 campaign!
Good to hear from you, Hopeful! I'm in the same boat as you re the medical. Same, too, in that I cannot bear my current job. Just hoping I can get through the medical first time without any delays so that I can be done with this process and look towards the future with a bit more optimism.

And I'm one of the lucky ones. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for those who still have no idea of their AC results, and who have yet to go through the rest of the stages and all that they entail.
Thanks from:
03-12-2020, 22:10   #1513
SMS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo94 View Post
Can't see there being another recruitment any time soon if I'm honest. I can see their budget being slashed post March and who knows if that will have any knock on effects for the current campaigns.

I proper feel sorry for all of you in the 2020 campaign waiting on those AC results. Nothing short of shambolic imo. Those of us who are still left in the 2018 campaign feel your pain. We've been hit with setback after setback due to covid etc. We don't even know when our next intake will be. So god knows when you guys will get in.
Talk in GV is that the next intake is early February.
Thanks from:
03-12-2020, 22:25   #1514
Gonzo94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS19 View Post
I've heard twice now that the next intake is probably going to be March. That came from people currently in training at GV. I don't know what to believe now lol. Proper frustrating haha.
03-12-2020, 22:53   #1515
Tashbash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS19 View Post
I asked a trainer today its definitely March. No back ups if we get back squadded...
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion