Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Will only ever be the 10%

Might not even be approved going by the councils response to the planning application.

How do you know it's going to be only 10%? 10% is the minimum in the new developments as far as I know. There are new developments in Lucan that have 30%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

Because the original planning application was approved a fair few years back when the 10% was the requirement. Think it was back in 2015/2016

Glenveagh bought the land with the planning approval etc from a developer.

Because the original planning application was approved a fair few years back when the 10% was the requirement. Think it was back in 2015/2016

Glenveagh bought the land with the planning approval etc from a developer.

They could reapply or sell houses to an investor who will rent them out to the council. Same developer doing it in Semple Woods, Donabate or Taylor Hill, Ballbrigan. I just find it strange that they decided to drop 4 beds and to increase number of 2 beds instead of 3 beds for example. I would personally consider 2 beds hard to sell with 3 beds being very much in demand.

Yeah seen how they sold a load of houses to a homeless charity. Fenton green is a new development in kilcock. Over 20 houses were bought by Tuath.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I just find it strange that they decided to drop 4 beds and to increase number of 2 beds instead of 3 beds for example. I would personally consider 2 beds hard to sell with 3 beds being very much in demand.

Somebody has finally copped on to the fact that we're running out of FTBers that can afford a 3 bed even with the grant.

It's been suggested for a few months now, we're now building the wrong types of property.

• Advertisement

Ok it says they plan to reduce the amount of units from 95 to 87.

38 (2 beds)
    49 (3 beds)

They got rid of 14 (4 beds) and 5 (5 bed) houses altogether.

Not forgetting the grant is meant to finish the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

FYI - We bought last year in a Glenveagh development. Far more than 10 percent allocated to social housing - mainly 2 and 3 beds with one or two 4 beds.

When was the planning application for the development submitted and approved etc. Ledwill was approved back in 2015.
    FYI - We bought last year in a Glenveagh development. Far more than 10 percent allocated to social housing - mainly 2 and 3 beds with one or two 4 beds.

38 (2 beds)
    49 (3 beds)

Quote from KCC website: The proposed amendments relate to a change in house numbers and a revised housing mix together with the relocation of the previously permitted crèche.

It is proposed to reduce the previously permitted 95 no. dwelling houses ( comprising 14 x two bedroom; 62 x three bedroom; 14 x four bedroom and 5 x five bedroom houses) to 87 no. houses (38 x two bedroom houses and 49 x three bedroom houses).

• Advertisement

Yup I just wrote that with regard to the house types and the amount etc.

38 (2 beds)
    49 (3 beds)

Quote from KCC website: The proposed amendments relate to a change in house numbers and a revised housing mix together with the relocation of the previously permitted crèche.

It is proposed to reduce the previously permitted 95 no. dwelling houses ( comprising 14 x two bedroom; 62 x three bedroom; 14 x four bedroom and 5 x five bedroom houses) to 87 no. houses (38 x two bedroom houses and 49 x three bedroom houses).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lalaken123

Spoke with Conor from Sherry Fitz today...Anyone who bought in the rise from number 1-16 will be called to snag in July!

God only knows when 17 - 37 will be called so. Homeless with a kid for 2 months by the looks of things.
    Lalaken123 wrote: »
    Spoke with Conor from Sherry Fitz today...Anyone who bought in the rise from number 1-16 will be called to snag in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 edkirl

I reckon 17-37 will probably be August with closing in Sept - Fingers crossed we already had to extend our mortgage agreement once

Yeah I will have to do the same come the end of July. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.
    edkirl wrote: »
    I reckon 17-37 will probably be August with closing in Sept - Fingers crossed we already had to extend our mortgage agreement once

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AnaC

God only knows when 17 - 37 will be called so. Homeless with a kid for 2 months by the looks of things.

That’s a difficult situation. Hopefully they’re not too far behind as I think would be very hard to open one side of the street and have a lot of work to do on the other side.

It might have to do with the water connection. As previously mentioned might take a while.

Fingers crossed

Yeah I think there’s too much demand to give more than 10%.

Other developments, depending on their location, might’ve been easier to just give more to the council.

AnaC wrote: »

Yeah I think there’s too much demand to give more than 10%.

Other developments, depending on their location, might’ve been easier to just give more to the council.

Kilcock is lovely but I would not consider it a high demand area, not like Maynooth, which for some might have more to offer e.g. future dart, university etc. However, even there new builds are still up for sale (Mariavilla for example).

They still have some units available for sale in Ledwill plus they decided to drop 4/5 beds all together (I'd imagine they were too expensive). I'm guessing they are not selling as fast as they hoped, hence, decided to change the planning to include more 2 beds. If 3 beds were selling fast, they would increase the number of them imo instead.

We are all speculating and the time will tell. They can approach the council and increase % of social housing or sell the phase in bulk to an investor who will later rent it out (2 beds are ideal for that). Either way, let's hope units will be well managed by private owners, trusts or whoever moves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Kilcock is lovely but I would not consider it a high demand area, not like Maynooth, which for some might have more to offer e.g. future dart, university etc. However, even there new builds are still up for sale (Mariavilla for example).

They still have some units available for sale in Ledwill plus they decided to drop 4/5 beds all together (I'd imagine they were too expensive). I'm guessing they are not selling as fast as they hoped, hence, decided to change the planning to include more 2 beds. If 3 beds were selling fast, they would increase the number of them imo instead.

We are all speculating and the time will tell. They can approach the council and increase % of social housing or sell the phase in bulk to an investor who will later rent it out (2 beds are ideal for that). Either way, let's hope units will be well managed by private owners, trusts or whoever moves in.

Not sure what is story with Mariavilla, both my partner and I separately reigstered to be let know if any available and neither of us got any contact.
    So we just bought somewhere else.

Think futher out areas are losing the same level of demand. We recently went to an open showing in Clane and only one other viewer showed up in the 25 minutes we were there.

That’s true we are just speculating at present and it’s not as developed as Maynooth however being within walking distance to the train station brings a great advantage to future buyers compared to other areas such as Clane, Naas and others.

My husband has two colleagues in work that we’re trying to buy in this phase but they’ve missed out as they couldn’t make the open days and when they got in contact all the 3 and 4 beds were gone.

I suppose only time will tell

Did you purchase in Ledwill or still considering it?

• Advertisement

The social housing will be pepper potted throughout the development according to the planning submission.

The social housing will be pepper potted throughout the development according to the planning submission.

That's right. There is even a document there showing actual proposed units for the current phase and previous phase 2 (before new planning permission was submitted).

Which document is it??

That's right. There is even a document there showing actual proposed units for the current phase and previous phase 2 (before new planning permission was submitted).

Which document is it??

You need to search for it, I don't have it saved. It's going to be a letter to the council and site plan with proposed units marked (note proposed). Mostly 2 beds facing 4 beds in the middle of the estate, The Crescent.

You need to search for it, I don't have it saved. It's going to be a letter to the council and site plan with proposed units marked (note proposed). Mostly 2 beds facing 4 beds in the middle of the estate, The Crescent.

I had a look today through most of the documents but I couldn’t find the one mentioning part V.

Did anyone else find it?

TIA

I couldn't find it either. The only thing I found was the amount of houses which will be social, which is 10% like I said in a previous post and the house type will be the terrace type houses which are usually 4 in a row.

I had a look today through most of the documents but I couldn’t find the one mentioning part V.

Did anyone else find it?

TIA

Did anyone else find it?

TIA

It's definitely there. Title is not part V so you pretty much have to open every single document to find it. It's amongst correspondence. If I have some time, I'll have a look for it.

I couldn't find it either. The only thing I found was the amount of houses which will be social, which is 10% like I said in a previous post and the house type will be the terrace type houses which are usually 4 in a row.

Site Master Plan and Landscaping - page 12 out of 81 (site plan with sections V dotted). If it's still accurate, no clue. I'd imagine those things can change.

Thanks for that. Found it.

My solicitor rang the developer today in relation to it and they told him that they hadn't decided where they were placing them yet.

Site Master Plan and Landscaping - page 12 out of 81 (site plan with sections V dotted). If it's still accurate, no clue. I'd imagine those things can change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭colly10

Hi, we're looking to get a mortgage shortly and are most likely be looking to buy in Ledwill Park.
    We were looking at a few places when we were viewing and never asked what's included. I just found out from a friend that you're far from guaranteed that carpets/flooring/wall tiles are included in the price.
    I never thought of that when budgeting, just wondering whether it would be included or not? Thanks

Advertisement