Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

This is what left in the Ledwill Park:

3-Bed Semi, 24 The Way, €330,000
    3 Bed Semi, 33 The Way, €340,000
    4 Bedroom Detached,25 The Rise, €425,000
    4 Bed Semi,12 The Park, €425,000

I'll wait for next phase. Does anyone see increase in price after HTB announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

The detached bungalow and the 4 bed semi have both dropped in price.
    merikahan wrote: »
    This is what left in the Ledwill Park:

3-Bed Semi, 24 The Way, €330,000
    3 Bed Semi, 33 The Way, €340,000
    4 Bedroom Detached,25 The Rise, €425,000
    4 Bed Semi,12 The Park, €425,000

I'll wait for next phase. Does anyone see increase in price after HTB announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RedJen86

Hi just for anyone who wants to know...Jennifer in Glenveagh is finishing this Friday and her replacement is Kate Stanley. I know it’s been said previously about them not giving measurements but I asked anyway...still no change there! She said the only thing they give is the floor plan in the contract. Otherwise any measurements have to be taken at snagging. Great help when some furniture has a 16 week lead time! I’ve emailed Sherry Fitz New Homes to see if I can get anything from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tej29

Hi...I got a rough measurement from the facebook page for Ledwill Park ( attached here )...I think it is from previous phase of Sanderling B type but I hope it should work for Sanderling C as well... I hope it helps...Also I received email that it could be early Septemper for snagging for the Park....did anyone else got it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭colly10

RedJen86 wrote: »
    Hi just for anyone who wants to know...Jennifer in Glenveagh is finishing this Friday and her replacement is Kate Stanley. I know it’s been said previously about them not giving measurements but I asked anyway...still no change there! She said the only thing they give is the floor plan in the contract. Otherwise any measurements have to be taken at snagging. Great help when some furniture has a 16 week lead time! I’ve emailed Sherry Fitz New Homes to see if I can get anything from there.

Can’t understand the lack of floor plans. There are a few rough estimates out there but ye can’t buy floors off a guess :(
    Ye spend so long waiting on the place, should have to wait weeks after getting the keys sorting stuff that could have been sorted before hand
    Nothing can go in before the floors

• Advertisement

There is a ledwill Facebook group. Ask there if anyone can share the measurements with you. Most in that group have moved in already.

You’re telling me! They hardly have builders going in blind with no plans. It’s so frustrating. My friends bought in the 1st phase and they couldn’t get plans either. There was a delay in the end after people had drawn down mortgages so there was war and they ended up getting access to the house for measurements before the sale had closed. I don’t know what anyone else has done since though!

There is a ledwill Facebook group. Ask there if anyone can share the measurements with you. Most in that group have moved in already.

I already asked for my house type but there was only 6 of those in the first phase. The majority of houses were the sanderling a & b

If anyone wants the floor plans for the Dove type house then let me know. I bought in the first phase so it may have changed. Anyways hit me up if you do.

If anyone wants the floor plans for the Dove type house then let me know. I bought in the first phase so it may have changed. Anyways hit me up if you do.

If ye have them that would be great, thanks. I don't know of any planned changes (bought based on the show house and wasn't told it would be any different).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Scully078

Hi, Is it possible for you to send me the floor plans that you have for the Dove style house. Be very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8 vinay

Hi, is there a rough figure on how much electricity bill would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

Can I ask what the timeframe was between putting down a booking deposit and signing contracts? We have a booking deposit on one type of house but wanted a different type. The different type we wanted might be coming back on the market as the other potential buyers put down a booking deposit but may now not get mortgage drawdown as one of them has lost their job. Just wondering when we might find out is this house available? Haven't heard back from EA. EA said he doubts they will go ahead with signing contracts in their changed position but I'm wondering how long we might have to wait to find out.

Can I ask what the timeframe was between putting down a booking deposit and signing contracts? We have a booking deposit on one type of house but wanted a different type. The different type we wanted might be coming back on the market as the other potential buyers put down a booking deposit but may now not get mortgage drawdown as one of them has lost their job. Just wondering when we might find out is this house available? Haven't heard back from EA. EA said he doubts they will go ahead with signing contracts in their changed position but I'm wondering how long we might have to wait to find out.

If I remember correctly, your solicitor will receive the contracts about 2 weeks after you put the deposit down and you have about 2 weeks from then to sign.

The other couple are highly unlikely to sign, if one of them earns very well it wouldn’t be a problem for them but the fact the EA was told, this is unlikely to be the case for them. Even if they got a job immediately, the bank would be unlikely to be happy with them being on probation.

EA’s keep the pressure on if there’s delays with signing, just keep onto the EA yourself to make sure you get it if it falls through. They need more than a bit of reminding from the dealings i’ve had with them

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

colly10 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, your solicitor will receive the contracts about 2 weeks after you put the deposit down and you have about 2 weeks from then to sign.

The other couple are highly unlikely to sign, if one of them earns very well it wouldn’t be a problem for them but the fact the EA was told, this is unlikely to be the case for them. Even if they got a job immediately, the bank would be unlikely to be happy with them being on probation.

EA’s keep the pressure on if there’s delays with signing, just keep onto the EA yourself to make sure you get it if it falls through. They need more than a bit of reminding from the dealings i’ve had with them

Thanks for your prompt response.We’ve asked our EA to hold off on sending our contracts out to allow us the time we need to see what happens so we don’t have the pressure of that on us which is good.I was thinking like you are- that if they were risk takers and thought they might sign using the subject to loan clause as a get out, surely they wouldn’t have informed the EA at this early stage.

On your sagely advice I have just fired off an email to the EA to reiterate our interest in the property.Fingers 🀞

[Hmm..so update to this today is that the other couple are deciding to press ahead with the contracts. Maybe one of them does have a very well paid job afterall. Can't say we're not disappointed but then again who wants to profit from another's bad luck?]

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foodie2012

Quick question for anyone who has recently gone through the process and signed contracts...
    Did your solicitor have any issues with property registration? We've been waiting since mid August to sign as our solicitor has said there is an issue with the property registration going back to when the initial registration was changed in August 2018. We just think it's strange as we imagined all the houses would have the same registration information and no one here has mentioned it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

Foodie2012 wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone who has recently gone through the process and signed contracts...
    Did your solicitor have any issues with property registration? We've been waiting since mid August to sign as our solicitor has said there is an issue with the property registration going back to when the initial registration was changed in August 2018. We just think it's strange as we imagined all the houses would have the same registration information and no one here has mentioned it before?

No issues at all, our contracts needed very little amendment except adding about subject to loan offer. I would add our solicitor has been the conveyancer for many houses in Ledwill so he was well versed in what the contract involved. From receiving to signing I would say took less than a month for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foodie2012

No issues at all, our contracts needed very little amendment except adding about subject to loan offer. I would add our solicitor has been the conveyancer for many houses in Ledwill so he was well versed in what the contract involved. From receiving to signing I would say took less than a month for us.

Thanks, our solicitor also told us they'd dealt with previous purchases in Ledwill...just can't understand why our house registration would be different to anyone elses.
    We're just anxious to start buying floors, furniture etc, but obviously can't until we sign and it's getting closer and closer to completion dates, hopefully this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thc24

Our solicitor needed some clarification on the Book of Title which was massive (approx 900 pages). He said the land had passed through a quite a few hands and involved some vulture companies. He was happy enough with the answer received from Glenveagh's solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kitty Williams

Hi there, interesting thread. Planning to buy in ledwill and wondering in terms of the mid-terrace houses, does much sound travel between the walls from the houses either side?

• Advertisement

Hi there, interesting thread. Planning to buy in ledwill and wondering in terms of the mid-terrace houses, does much sound travel between the walls from the houses either side?

I'm in one of the semi d houses. I don't hear anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kitty Williams

I'm in one of the semi d houses. I don't hear anything at all
    Good to know, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WalshLaLi

Hello, we are thinking of buying a house in Ledwill Park, does anybody have any information / comments about house #25 for sale? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭DubLad69

Does anyone know roughly what the extra charge is for a South facing garden on this Develoment?

WalshLaLi wrote: »
    Hello, we are thinking of buying a house in Ledwill Park, does anybody have any information / comments about house #25 for sale? Thanks

Lovely big back garden.
    Plenty of downstairs space
    Bedrooms all have ensuites
    Has been reduced in price

Cons
    Bedrooms on small size
    Garden overlooked a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thc24

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly what the extra charge is for a South facing garden on this Develoment?
    For what I have seen it costs about an extra 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy in about year's time / next autumn.
    Planning on using HTB as FTB so that seems bit complex? Need 2020 earnings to raise my refund.

From the looks of it, the 3bed semi detached and 3bed end of terrace look promising.
    Is there any way to know when is next phase being released?

May I ask, as it's very new and I am bit lost.
    What was included in the house when buying? Naturally, floors arent unless its show-house correct?

Any pointers, appreciated :)

Milena009 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy in about year's time / next autumn.
    Planning on using HTB as FTB so that seems bit complex? Need 2020 earnings to raise my refund.

From the looks of it, the 3bed semi detached and 3bed end of terrace look promising.
    Is there any way to know when is next phase being released?

May I ask, as it's very new and I am bit lost.
    What was included in the house when buying? Naturally, floors arent unless its show-house correct?

Any pointers, appreciated :)

Bathrooms are tiled, you get kitchen and wardrobes, I heard the next phase will get a shed but don’t know if it’s true, you don’t really get a whole lot else. You’ll need to get floors, appliances, side gate, shower doors, blinds and furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peacoo54

Hi all we are thinking about buying in the close has anyone purchased here? Any pitfalls with this section of houses?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Oanana

Hi everyone,

Do you know who is the builder for this development? Where can I find detailed structural plans? KCC website is only showing the architectural details. We’re looking to get a house here but would also like to check out the details of the buildings. The agents are terrible, can’t rely on them unfortunately.

Thanks!

Advertisement