Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Travel Destination over New Year

• 21-11-2020 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I had flights and an AirBnB booked for two weeks over the New Year period in Berlin. This looks like it will have to be cancelled as the there is currently a ban on renting accommodation to tourists which I can see being extended to cover that period when the current restrictions expire coupled with government officials being pretty vocal about no new year's parties etc.

In all of your broscience, guesstimating knowledge, where do you predict I could fly to within Europe for the most relaxed restrictions over that period and also have a bit of craic and experience a bit of culture.

I'm currently in Sweden so anywhere but here, or Ireland. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Madeira seems like a good option. Have friends who went went for 2 weeks in September and they're still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Caranica wrote: »
    Madeira seems like a good option. Have friends who went went for 2 weeks in September and they're still there.

By choice or are they stranded?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

milehip wrote: »
    By choice or are they stranded?

By choice until lockdown is lifted here. Bars and restaurants open there. Sent me photos from watching the rugby in Moynihan's Irish bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Was in Malaga last week, was a little bit of heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

What about Istanbul? Restrictions are slack enough there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

In all of your broscience, guesstimating knowledge, where do you predict I could fly to within Europe for the most relaxed restrictions over that period and also have a bit of craic and experience a bit of culture.

I'm currently in Sweden so anywhere but here, or Ireland. :P

I wouldn't be thinking as much about restrictions as about where will the most underground parties be allowed to go ahead.

Hit Ibiza.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Was in Malaga last week, was a little bit of heaven

Malaga is amazing for a short city break... Bar opening times are to be extended from December 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Malaga is amazing for a short city break... Bar opening times are to be extended from December 10th.

We actually stayed in Rincon de la Victoria, and cycled twice to Malaga. Bars and restaurants all closed at 6, people had to be indoors at 10 but it was so lovely. A different Spain than we were used to but still lovely. 16 November and 26 degrees!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

We actually stayed in Rincon de la Victoria, and cycled twice to Malaga. Bars and restaurants all closed at 6, people had to be indoors at 10 but it was so lovely. A different Spain than we were used to but still lovely. 16 November and 26 degrees!!

Ah yes, lovely place, I cycled out there from Malaga city just over 2 weeks ago, all along the seafront where every restaurant was open and packed full of people enjoying life, all mainly locals i'd say.. V few if any tourists I would say... street markets, bars, all open, people enjoying life... at the time bars could stay open until almost 10.30pm though you'd have to have ordered your drinks before 10...

Advertisement