Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamers / Gamer groups wanted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OwenP

Living near Castleblayney and looking for people to play wargames with locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭phonchoman

indeed there are. :D

Drogheda Wargames Club (based in Boomerang cafe)

you can email me for details

phonchoman@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OwenP

@phonchoman thanks but I'm hoping to meet some players a bit closer to home if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭phonchoman

Some gamers in Dundalk that I know if thats of any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Anyone looking to welcome a newbie to their fold in Dublin City?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Thanks! Joined! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Enjoy, great group!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Anyone interested in forming a group on the East side of Galway city and slightly beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

how far beyond east galway city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 capt fantastic

I know some of the guys who frequent Dungeons and Donut are East Galway based might be a good idea to leave some flyers.

They are pretty sound about that kind of stuff.

facebook BoardGamesGalway (can post links yet so just look for us on Facebook.)

Also in the board games club Galway page we have some follower who are to out of town to attend fi you want to arrange some post for there that would sound with us.

I know some of the guys who frequent Dungeons and Donut are East Galway based might be a good idea to leave some flyers.

They are pretty sound about that kind of stuff.

facebook BoardGamesGalway (can post links yet so just look for us on Facebook.)

Also in the board games club Galway page we have some follower who are to out of town to attend fi you want to arrange some post for there that would sound with us.
    CF, thanks for the reply and the advice.

I'm aware of the Board Games Galway FB page, unfortunately I can't make Friday evenings, so I'm out of luck there.

I've been in and out of D&D a few times, I might look into putting up a notice there. Thanks again.

I figured you couldn't get to us but iw as suggesting if you want advertise your own group on our page we have some followers like your self,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

K_user wrote: »
    Anyone interested in forming a group on the East side of Galway city and slightly beyond?

Depending on specifics (times and games etc) I'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Ireland's boardgame convention, Knavecon is a great way to meet other gamers in your area, it gets people from all over the country

https://www.facebook.com/Knavecon

I figured you couldn't get to us but iw as suggesting if you want advertise your own group on our page we have some followers like your self,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

https://www.facebook.com/events/812449825487553/permalink/821545911244611/
    This Sunday gamers of all sorts will be hitting The Thomas House for an evening of play. Should anyone be interested in dropping along
    10974272_10153549362253098_3249345000881065471_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neverthrowacat

Hi guys, cross-posting this from the Board Game Geek Cork forum which I keep updated at boardgamegeek.com/article/15781660#15781660. Maps and Facebook links available from that page (can't add them here as I am a new user).

All of the following groups are currently active in Cork city. Anyone may attend, free of charge, and most have a wide selection of games available.

Cork Action League meet at 19:00 every second Monday in Gallagher's. See Facebook to find out specific dates.

Cork Games Guild meet at 20:00 for small, light games on Tuedays in The Hub.
    They meet at 20:00 for a wide variety of games on Wednesdays in The Flying Enterprise. Finally, a small group of players meet at 20:00 on Thursdays in The Flying Enterprise for more historical strategy games. Request access to Facebook group for details.

UCC WARPS meet at 19:00 on Thursdays on the UCC campus. Check the Facebook page for specific location and reference this campus map [link on BGG page]. Note that this group is less active during the summer months.

Also of note are two gaming stores in Cork city which run a variety of card, war and boardgaming events and competitions on a regular basis, as well as welcoming casual players:

Other Realms is located above the Tesco shopping centre on Paul St.
    Mon-Thurs: 10.00-18.00
    Fri: 10.00-19.00
    Sat: 10.00-18.30
    Sun: 12.00-18.00

Sandbox is located on Washington St.
    Mon-Thurs: 12.00-20.00
    Fri: 12.00-22.00
    Sat-Sun: 12.00-19.00

If anyone has corrections or additions to the above, please let me know and I'll update.

Correct as of 2015-03-10

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Croaker

Just one thing. The Cork Games Guild has gaming at 19.30 on Wednesday evenings. Thanks for keeping people informed about gaming in Cork.

Cork Games Guild thats a bitchn'n name if I do say so myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

Hey guys, so I'm looking to start a group to do some World Wide Wrestling RPG. It's a powered by the Apocalypse Conversational RPG with a focus on the drama and spectacle of Professional Wrestling Entertainment. I've previously done a oneshot with some people in this so far and am looking to GM(It's called Creative in this game) a Season (a series of Sessions) of World Wide Wrestling RPG.

It's really fun and really lets your RP shine if you want it, with the ability to personify your own wrestler in and out of the ring, set up feuds and gain heat, as well as to entertain an Imaginary Viewing Audience. But make sure and entertain or your wrestler might get fired. Do really well and you'll be put to the top of the card.

It's a great game for beginners and I've made a separate thread looking for abouts 3-5 players on rotation (as it's not necessary for people to be there for every session, and people can be swapped in and out).
    It's a 2d6 based game.

I'll mostly be running it via Roll20 (which actually allows for some really cool things like entrance music surprises, limited map support and rolling and stuff) but if there's an offline venue available I'm perfectly down for that.

It's be good fun. Games typically run for like 3ish hours(maybe 4).
    First Episode will be spent getting into the swing of the game style, characters, and the characters around you, as well as doing some fights.

Check the thread I made for further information on character sheets and play aids and such.

Open to New and Experienced RP'er's. This could be a good change for D&D'ers for a night, or so on. consider it lads.

Cheers anyways.

Hey ,looking to set up regular evening in local pub for board games. Anyone interested please pm me.

Thanks
    Based in athenry galway

A new Place to play has opened up in Dublin city on a Wednesday nights.
    The Thomas house is opening it's doors to gamers of all sorts.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Half-Moon-Games-Saloon/1575381119401784?
    pnref=story"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Half-Moon-Games-Saloon/1575381119401784?pnref=story[/URL]

Last night there was
    Settlers
    11219629_1576164019323494_7854303039564422680_n.jpg?oh=7c164a722ac7523b35f2acdad4989036&oe=55CD7FC5&__gda__=1440630780_c0eca62ba2682d558e91e99f325bccc8

Shadowrun Crossfire And Munchkin
    11012758_1576163875990175_1828551046348323902_n.jpg?oh=8a255cc04672760ea92cfca5f5b281f6&oe=55D4F544

And some warmachine
    11209687_10153326788063343_5844792240499370211_n.jpg?oh=87d00a584af05382cf8e40cf82730084&oe=55DB111E

The Large table can be booked in advanced through the Facebook page.

There's also a few old Consoles for playing. We had some Mario Kart and some Streetfighter fun on a snes last night.
    It was a nice evening very well run by the lads.

Looks great, will have to visit some time, I already play on sundays mondays and tuesdays around dublin though haha

Be hitting the Thomas House on Wednesday. Shall have battlestar Galactica and Shadowrun crossfire if anyone's after a jump in game to play. There'll be X-wing there as well.

There's also some retro consoles set up.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1575381119401784

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

heya, we have a very active group. We run in Alfie Byrnes on Tuesdays 7-11 ,and Sundays 1 till close. Alfie byrnes is under the Conrad opposite the national concert hall, about 2 mins from st stephens green in dublin. We typically get about 40 people in attendance. Most type of games played.

http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Ireland/
    This is used to drive the meetings and host chats about it.

Very friendly to beginners, typically one of the hosts will make sure you get sitting playing a game.

any live action battle larpers around Galway area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiickiZ

Anyone willing to teach me some Dungeons and Dragons 5e, im in the sligo area.
    skype could be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Anyone play some d&d in limerick? I know the gathering do, but anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Hey folks,

I'm moving to Cork city in November and am looking for a solid gaming group that would like one more additional regular member.

I'm enthusiastic board gamer eager to find some people to share my hobby with.

Games I own are:

Agricola
    Betrayal at the house on the hill
    Carcassonne
    Catan
    Coup
    Dead of winter
    A game of thrones 2nd edition - plus both expansions
    King of New york
    Kingdom Builder
    Lords of Waterdeep
    Neuroshima Hex 3.0
    The Resistance: Avalon
    Sheriff of Nottingham

Thinks that's all of them. I've played loads of other games as well so am familiar with most gaming mechanics.

Advertisement