Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

100 IFs in my transfer pile now :S Been slowly adding to it, and just hit the 100 for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just realised the Best of TOTW and Record Breakers are all out of packs now, so nothing in packs for rewards Thursday, with nothing planned this week until Friday I don't se why they can't just leave them in, surely that would sell more packs anyway.

Just realised the Best of TOTW and Record Breakers are all out of packs now, so nothing in packs for rewards Thursday, with nothing planned this week until Friday I don't se why they can't just leave them in, surely that would sell more packs anyway.

They want you buying packs. But if you actually get great cards, there's less reason to buy packs in the future.

They want you thinking you can get the cards, but rarely actually get them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭dmigsy

The Managerial masterpiece objectives are fun to point. They need a hard max OVR limit of about 84/85 though. Sick of 1st-minute subs of Mbappe/Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

dmigsy wrote: »
    The Managerial masterpiece objectives are fun to point. They need a hard max OVR limit of about 84/85 though. Sick of 1st-minute subs of Mbappe/Ronaldo.

Sorry :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭dmigsy

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sorry :p

I wouldn't mind but half the lads who do it can't even use them properly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Quick sold a duplicate 85 and could see him sitting in quick sell recovery so I could open the packs I had saved up and planned to recover him in a day or two when there was an SBC I wanted to commit to.....today he isn't there?

I checked yesterday evening and he was? I have no players discarded in the last 30 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Got Pirlo in the second Icon SBC to go with George who I got first time round. Not the best...

My mate got R9!

Also into div 1 for the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone thinking of saving packs for TOTY? If I can get on tomorrow, i should hit rank 1. Thinking of saving from here on and just opening the 7.5k and below packs to keep a healthy club stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Anyone thinking of saving packs for TOTY? If I can get on tomorrow, i should hit rank 1. Thinking of saving from here on and just opening the 7.5k and below packs to keep a healthy club stock.

I’m already saving packs, had 100 the other day but opened a few to see if I could hit anything good before the record breakers promo finished but no luck, and just to replenish my club as running out of players for SBCs.

Only downer is can’t tell which packs are tradable/untradeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Its a waste of time I find.
    Out of the shedloads of people who do it and stream the openings of hundreds of packs I can't ever remember any of them ever getting a toty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

dmigsy wrote: »

Yup, getting v bored of it at this stage. At the point where I just quit the game as soon as someone pauses before kick off as it's just non-stop Loan Mbappe / Dembele / Cantona etc.

Yup been saving since Rulebreakers went out of packs. Opened a few of my 'worst' packs last week just to get some players into the club for SBCs. Gold Packs, Electrum etc.
    Blazer wrote: »
    Its a waste of find I find.
    Out of the shedloads of people who do it and stream the openings of hundreds of packs I can't ever remember any of them ever getting a toty.

Yeah this. Between TOTY, FUTBirthday & PL TOTSSF last year I looked back and counted that I opened over 500 packs during those 3 promos and the only Promo players I actually packed was TOTSSF Kovacic and a TOTSSF from the Championship.

Gameplay was a farce last night. While it wasn't laggy but I was being heavily penalised for having a superior team to a player with just a bog standard gold team.
    Every tackle my defenders made his players all got up faster to win the ball back or the ball bounced to their teammates.
    Every save my keeper palmed away fell away to his players.
    Every shot I took hit the post, Suker couldn't hit a barn door and same for Mbappe.
    I had 4 games like that. Absolute joke.
    Sold them both , got Martial in rare pick so he slots in nicely alongside Ben Yedder. Only thing is I also got Werner the same way and that ****er always scores against me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Gameplay was a farce last night. While it wasn't laggy but I was being heavily penalised for having a superior team to a player with just a bog standard gold team.
    Every tackle my defenders made his players all got up faster to win the ball back or the ball bounced to their teammates.
    Every save my keeper palmed away fell away to his players.
    Every shot I took hit the post, Suker couldn't hit a barn door and same for Mbappe.
    I had 4 games like that. Absolute joke.
    Sold them both , got Martial in rare pick so he slots in nicely alongside Ben Yedder. Only thing is I also got Werner the same way and that ****er always scores against me.

https://www.dexerto.com/fifa/ea-sports-hit-fifa-21-ultimate-team-scripting-lawsuit-dictating-outcomes-1472210/

Anyone else think rttf Renato Sanchez is best box to box midfielder on the game?

The amount of games he wins me either by interceptions or popping up with goals is crazy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone else think rttf Renato Sanchez is best box to box midfielder on the game?

The amount of games he wins me either by interceptions or popping up with goals is crazy.

Used his IF for the last WL and he was a dream, breaks everything up and always making that run into the box to score vital goals.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Used his IF for the last WL and he was a dream, breaks everything up and always making that run into the box to score vital goals.

Exactly this. I started out with his inform but sold it to get the rttf card, if he gets an upgrade this month all his stats will be in the 80s, kinda reminds me of Nainnagolin from a few years ago with Napoli

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

bought a few totw cards today for 10k as investments, their quick sell is 9882 so after ea tax the sellers are actually losing money am I missing something here

seamie78 wrote: »
    bought a few totw cards today for 10k as investments, their quick sell is 9882 so after ea tax the sellers are actually losing money am I missing something here

Some just done realise it mate.

Its a waste of find I find.

That’s true. One reason I’m doing it is to stop the temptation this year to spend money on TOTY.

Came up against a fella with UVF as his team name. Of course I had to switch to try-hard mode and battered the fella 6-2.. up to 13k rival points now. I’ll try get in another game later on just to be safe as the cut-off is at 12800 atm.

• Advertisement

seamie78 wrote: »

Have 100 in my trade pile.

All listed at 18k or so, and getting a good few sales a day :pac:

One good SBC and it's a lottery win :pac: Even without it, they'll naturally rise when out of packs. Most 10k IFs naturally rise to 13-14k within 2 weeks.

EDIT: To add, Premier League or English IFs are the best, I've found, so far. Super safe investments.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Yeah I saw that. It’s completely obvious too.
    Hell one year the informs never got the check bonuses and it was only copped 6 months into the game. Of course EA said it was all a mistake. My ass.

Was hoping we'd be seeing Prime Icons this Friday but EA just announced Beckham's Base and Mids will be added to packs then so I guess we're still a few weeks away from them. Swaps has to be starting this week though.

A THIRD Base Icon Pack.....ffs just release more actual Icon SBCs already

Jesus that’s an awful TOTW too... would’ve thought they’d put in KDB but I guess not.

Jesus that’s an awful TOTW too... would’ve thought they’d put in KDB but I guess not.

Mahrez scored a hat trick and didn't get in

Also Aspas and Romagnoli are both in it and only 1 rating behind their Storyline cards we can't redeem for another few weeks :rolleyes:

Also Aspas and Romagnoli are both in it and only 1 rating behind their Storyline cards we can't redeem for another few weeks :rolleyes:

I was gonna say Mahrez is probably in TOTGS but he’s not done anything in UCL and only played 47 minutes average :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mahrez was in the last TOTW, don't think he can get it 2 weeks running.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Parawind wrote: »

He was in the one the week before last. I guess EA think it's too soon for him to be in another TOTW.

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »

Nah there's been another TOTW since Mahrez got his, the one with Ronaldo, Haaland, Lukaku

Advertisement