Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: Elgato HD Chat Link Cable Major Echo/Feedback

• 31-08-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I am having a major issue with setting up my streams my Elgato HD via the party chat cable in order to capture sound from the party while I interact with people from the party while also streaming.

The Setup
    I have my chat link cable top end connected to the controller, I then have the short end of the split cable attached to my Sony PS4 Gold headset via 4 pole 3.5 mini jack to 4 pole 3.5 mini jack. I have the long end of the split connected to a female 3.5 mini jack which has a male RCA (white and red). Because the Elgato HD doesn't have the mini jack port the HD60 has, I believe I have to connect the male RCA adapter (white and red) via the A/V (in) port by using the original RCA female (white and red) cable.

Problem
    If I do my setup without plugging in the A/V (in) cable it works a treat, music and audio is coming through the headset perfectly. This of course is useless as it's not actually going to the Elgato HD. However, if I connect the A/V cable in order to feed the audio to the Elgato HD, I get serious echo that causes feedback, its just not even usable. I test this by going into the "Adjust Microphone Level" via "settings/devices/audio devices". I also have the analog box selected in my Game Capture HD settings to no joy, which was suggested by a lot of tutorials but I haven't seen this issue anywhere..

Why am I getting this issue? Have you experienced this before? I've spent days trying to figure it out and no luck at all. I would really appreciate the help if you guys have the answers to my nightmare :-/

Advertisement