Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft office home and student 2019 €23

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

maik3n wrote: »
    From a cursory glance online, I think YOU CAN technically run a family plan with friends or other boards.ie members, lol.
    However, while it might work from a practical standpoint, I imagine it might run afoul of M$ terms and conditions and be somewhat legally questionable.

It's probably highly unlikely that M$ would crack down on it but just because we can do it, doesn't necessarily mean we should. :p
    You are obviously a better person than me, I will grab the bargain if it's available. MS are making quite enough from us already,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Out of curiosity, how many slots come with this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

shalom wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that the OP one is 'the old fashioned one' that thios old middle aged person wants?

I’m the OP and yes it’s the basic old fashioned stored on your computer one. Working good for me thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

From a cursory glance online, I think YOU CAN technically run a family plan with friends or other boards.ie members, lol.
    However, while it might work from a practical standpoint, I imagine it might run afoul of M$ terms and conditions and be somewhat legally questionable.

It's probably highly unlikely that M$ would crack down on it but just because we can do it, doesn't necessarily mean we should. :p

I'm ok with that. :p
    august12 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how many slots come with this??

6 in total, so I've 4 going spare - first four PM's will get a slot @ €10 each.

Just to note mines hasn't arrived into Argos but when it gets there (prob tomorrow) I'll send on keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm ok with that. :p

6 in total, so I've 4 going spare - first four PM's will get a slot @ €10 each.

Just to note mines hasn't arrived into Argos but when it gets there (prob tomorrow) I'll send on keys.

it won't be keys.. each user will need to give you an email address that you can add to your account. Once you do that they can install Office from the office.com site and sign-in/register using the email they gave you

• Advertisement

Cheers Kaiser - just seems such a waste paying for 6 and having them spare, so might as well spread the cost among bargain alert users.

At the minute I've a Disney plus family on boards.
    Netflix family.
    Spotify.

Now windows office.

Still two slots left by the way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Will this copy work on a Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

Fieldog wrote: »
    Will this copy work on a Mac?
    Windows version only I believe.
    They do have other MAC suites on the site but they would be considerably more expensive. :cool:

Have picked up the copy in from Argos, and will be sending payment requests to the PM's I've received already.

One spot left.

Anyone want office 365 and 1TB storage for a tenner?

Pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

justshane wrote: »
    Recently bought Microsoft office home and student 2019 for €23. I did a lot of looking before buying this, and installed it and it worked perfect. Only good for one computer though. I’m far from a computer buff so decide for yourself how good of a bargain it is.

https://www.digitallicense.nl/microsoft-office-2019-home-and-student/?___store=ie&___from_store=default&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyJn5BRDrARIsADZ9ykFGCzTXHB4HHNZmrHCxDjvf6LJmDNOONZojvEpMoJGuWmmjmzL5g6oaAvy9EALw_wcB

Now on sale at €17.90.
    or if you really want to save the pennies, it comes to €16.53 if you pay by Norwegian krone. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Now on sale at €17.90.
    or if you really want to save the pennies, it comes to €16.53 if you pay by Norwegian krone. :P

Is this website genuine?

thanks OP

bought and installed with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks, was on my list to do. Used a virtual revolut card to pay for security.

Just checked my email and got this "Office 2019 Home and student is currently out of stock and we are therefore sending a product key for Office 2019 Professional Plus for the same amount " Winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Caranica wrote: »
    Thanks, was on my list to do. Used a virtual revolut card to pay for security.

Just checked my email and got this "Office 2019 Home and student is currently out of stock and we are therefore sending a product key for Office 2019 Professional Plus for the same amount " Winner!

Not necessarily. Pro Plus isn't intended for retail sale but rather sold to businesses and education through volume license agreements

In other words, the key they are sending you COULD be deactivated by MSFT at any point (may not happen, but it's possible) as they're not supposed to be sold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I got same message and got Office professional also. Hope it works out..
    Worth a try i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

xraylady wrote: »
    I got same message and got Office professional also. Hope it works out..
    Worth a try i suppose

Such a legit transaction. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've bought a few Windows 10 licenses and a couple of Office licenses off them, all work perfectly. Had to activate the Office installations by "phone" but otherwise no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Online chat was v helpful too when I had a query .

Advertisement