Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10 piece baking set argos 2.49€

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

According to the Argos stock checker there is only 1 left in drogheda and 2 in Wexford. All the other stores in the country are sold out.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=8613626
    So they have changed all the out of stock stores to "out of stock" instead of "can be ordered", Obviously someone decided to leave the listing up as a false advertising rather than correct it!
    Our Year wrote: »
    Just a reminder that your Argos reservation 692894 at Jervis St. for COOKWORKS OVEN TRAYS will be held until 18:30 on 19-05-14

Can't collect this today do someone else is welcome to it.
    Was anyone in Argos Jervis on Monday to watch as Boardsies fought over this reservation:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Mate has complained to Argos in writing !! She's mad
    she's gone OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dodzy wrote: »
    she's gone OTT.

Yeh?. Why. I think fair play

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Because she was fully aware she was taking advantage of a pricing error. Rule 2 of pricing errors is not to bitch when you don't get it (after Rule 1 - don't buy 100 of them and gloat on Boards!)

MYOB wrote: »
    Because she was fully aware she was taking advantage of a pricing error. Rule 2 of pricing errors is not to bitch when you don't get it (after Rule 1 - don't buy 100 of them and gloat on Boards!)

How do you know it was a pricing error for fact though? You dont. Some people got the bargain as posted by the op.

And ps shes not on boards so isn't bitching on boards.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

How do you know it was a pricing error for fact though? You dont. Some people got the bargain as posted by the op.

And ps shes not on boards so isn't bitching on boards.:rolleyes:

Its blatantly obvious its a pricing error. They don't have to honour it, bitching when they don't is a waste of time and energy - and postage if its done in writing. Time and money you aren't going to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

Its blatantly obvious its a pricing error. They don't have to honour it, bitching when they don't is a waste of time and energy - and postage if its done in writing. Time and money you aren't going to get back.

If it was honored for one customer it should be honored for all ,if argos didn't believe that they should have removed the ad imo

Admldj wrote: »
    If it was honored for one customer it should be honored for all ,if argos didn't believe that they should have removed the ad imo

They've no obligation to honour it as its an invitation to treat and no more. Its up to them whether to honour it. The attitude of entitlement on here stinks, frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

They've no obligation to honour it as its an invitation to treat and no more. Its up to them whether to honour it. The attitude of entitlement on here stinks, frequently.

If the advertisement was €50 for a 50 inch plasma and some people were getting it would you just accept it was a mistake and walk out shop or demand to be treated the same ? Their mistake I say and if it can be honored in one shop it should be honored in all. That's not a sense of entitlement that's just far play

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Argos site has been updated. It's now only the 2 pieces for €2.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

If the advertisement was €50 for a 50 inch plasma and some people were getting it would you just accept it was a mistake and walk out shop or demand to be treated the same ? Their mistake I say and if it can be honored in one shop it should be honored in all. That's not a sense of entitlement that's just far play
    No point in stressing over it.

As has always been the case here, some people pool legitimate BA's with obvious pricing errors. They ain't, and never will be, the same. With the former, you will most likely get it unless its sold out. With the latter, you frequently will not get it, as it is generally flagged once substantial orders are placed and you then receive that all too frequent email that they're not honouring the deal.

Lesson on the latter: If you get it, happy days ! If you don't, then move on. No point in blabbing on about how Mick and Mary received it and you did not. Be happy for those who won the game this time. Your turn will come.

It is entirely a sense of entitlement and nothing else. You know its a pricing error, you know they don't have to honour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Who was in Argos in Omni about 6pm?

Manager was honouring my reservation but said he had none left. Some guy had been in about half an hour before me with the same issue and got the last one.

Or he could have been spoofing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Not honoured in Dun Laoghaire....but thanks OP !

So many on high horses in BA

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Jeez, never realised this BA would cause so much controversy... Sure I'm the OP and I didn't even get it, fairplay to all who did though... Long live BAs... :)

Advertisement