Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

jamescd wrote: »
    Even on the Irish Netflix it doesn't work? With a new card I had to sub to Irish Netflix first for 1 month and then switched to Turkey after the month was up.

I've just registered with revolut and curve too and was hoping to use these for Netflix. So just to clarify, you would use curve as payment method on Irish Netflix first, and then can you change the region on that Netflix account to Turkey after the first month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

carazeb wrote: »
    I've just registered with revolut and curve too and was hoping to use these for Netflix. So just to clarify, you would use curve as payment method on Irish Netflix first, and then can you change the region on that Netflix account to Turkey after the first month?

Yeah if the Irish one accepts your card and you pay for a month's sub then you're good to go. Just cancel it after and wait for the sub to expire. The card should already be saved on your account so when you're doing the switch to Turkey, all you have to do is select the plan and hit Subscribe.

Therefore there should no longer be any trouble with it refusing to accept your card since it's already on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

Yeah if the Irish one accepts your card and you pay for a month's sub then you're good to go. Just cancel it after and wait for the sub to expire. The card should already be saved on your account so when you're doing the switch to Turkey, all you have to do is select the plan and hit Subscribe.

Therefore there should no longer be any trouble with it refusing to accept your card since it's already on your account.

Great thanks for that info. I took out an Irish subscription last month (due to renew end of Aug) so I'll try updating my payment method on that to Curve for the Aug payment then cancel the subscription once that payment goes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

My netflix is showing up in turkish language today for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

PaddyCar wrote: »
    My netflix is showing up in turkish language today for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?

Is your VPN on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Maybe that's where I went wrong as I just got notification I was refunded, I signed up from Brazil with my CC on my actual account.

So I need to subscribe with my card in my country, cancel and then resubscribe with the same card using a vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

My next payment due to be taken out is the 20th of August

So is it best to cancel subscription before or after the payment is taken. And wait the 30 days from the last payment to subscribe again.

And then select VPN for Turkey and subscribe again using the same card.

TIA

My next payment due to be taken out is the 20th of August

So is it best to cancel subscription before or after the payment is taken. And wait the 30 days from the last payment to subscribe again.

And then select VPN for Turkey and subscribe again using the same card.

TIA

You're saying next payment, so that means you've already paid the previous month? If yes, then you can cancel it now and wait a few days until it expires and then make the switch to Turkey as you said. As long as you've made a payment for a single month and the card you want to use is saved on your account, then you are good to go.

If no, then yes you'll have to pay for a month's sub, cancel it immediately, wait 30 days for it to expire and then switch.

You're saying next payment, so that means you've already paid the previous month? If yes, then you can cancel it now and wait a few days until it expires and then make the switch to Turkey as you said. As long as you've made a payment for a single month and the card you want to use is saved on your account, then you are good to go.

If no, then yes you'll have to pay for a month's sub, cancel it immediately, wait 30 days for it to expire and then switch.

James thanks very much for your help and it says I can continue watching until the 15th of August.

So I can subscribe to Turkish version on the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is anyone using this with the Indian Disney Plus? A quick Google suggests you can get annual subscription for about 20 dollars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Is anyone using this with the Indian Disney Plus? A quick Google suggests you can get annual subscription for about 20 dollars

It seems to be integrated as Disney+ Hotstar. I was trying to sign up but you need an Indian mobile number to get a code. The mobile number is linked to your account so an internet based number is not an option.

James thanks very much for your help and it says I can continue watching until the 15th of August.

So I can subscribe to Turkish version on the 16th

Yes exactly. As I said before, your card should already be saved on your account so no need to enter it when you're making the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys sorry if this has been asked before but i have a question:

Myself and a family member are currently on the 2 screen HD netflix plan via netflix turkey.

2 other family members would like to share our netflix plan so we can uprade to the 4k UHD netflix plan. These two other family members currently pay for "regular" Netflix. Do they have to wait until their regular plans expire to join our netflix turkey, or should i just upgrade to the 4 screen plan and give them my username and password?

Does each member have their own email and password or we all use the same login?

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Guys sorry if this has been asked before but i have a question:

Myself and a family member are currently on the 2 screen HD netflix plan via netflix turkey.

2 other family members would like to share our netflix plan so we can uprade to the 4k UHD netflix plan. These two other family members currently pay for "regular" Netflix. Do they have to wait until their regular plans expire to join our netflix turkey, or should i just upgrade to the 4 screen plan and give them my username and password?

Does each member have their own email and password or we all use the same login?

Thanks lads
    You should iovrade your account to the 4 screen one. You can share your login details then. Their own accounts don't matter, and should simply be cancelled.

If memory serves, you can change from 2 to 4 screen plan on Turkish account without using vpn too...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Perfect, thanks guys

Unreal folks, worked a charm and there was an upgrade for a month to ultra hd for 4 devices.

Thank you so much

Unreal folks, worked a charm and there was an upgrade for a month to ultra hd for 4 devices.

Thank you so much

Glad it worked out for you. Which card is on your account? Revolut?

Glad it worked out for you. Which card is on your account? Revolut?

PTSB, would that be a problem.

PTSB, would that be a problem.

No no, just curious if they're still accepting Revolut cards is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jamescd wrote:

They aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

jamescd wrote:

They aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Are they just not taking new revolut cards? Mine is setup using one,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Are they just not taking new revolut cards? Mine is setup using one,

Seems to be the case. Existing Revolut cards keep working, but eventually you'll need to update the details when new card issued (when existing one expires) at which point you'll need to take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I cancelled my Mexican netflix account to move to a Turkish one but they wouldn't re-accept my revolut card. How does this curve card work I signed up do I need to wait for a card to arrive before I can start using it or is there a virtual card

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Hi folks. Having the same issue. Had my Revolut card linked to my Irish Netflix. Netflix expired this morning so I set up the VPN and it won't accept my Revolut card, AIB debit card, AIB credit card. I'm currently downloading Curve to see if that will work for me.

Any advice greatly received!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

My goddamn card details got stolen so I had to cancel it - now Netflix won't let me update the payment method with any card, Revolut or otherwise. I read some posts on here saying the only option is to start a new Irish account and then change the region later but what pain in the arse.

Contacted Netflix support and they first told me my bank was declining the transaction, then when I confirmed this wasn't the case they told me my card is "not qualified for the service" and they're getting a "generic decline", they don't know the reason why and there's nothing they can do about it.

Looks like I'll have to go through the whole thing again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Standman wrote: »
    My goddamn card details got stolen so I had to cancel it - now Netflix won't let me update the payment method with any card, Revolut or otherwise. I read some posts on here saying the only option is to start a new Irish account and then change the region later but what pain in the arse.

Contacted Netflix support and they first told me my bank was declining the transaction, then when I confirmed this wasn't the case they told me my card is "not qualified for the service" and they're getting a "generic decline", they don't know the reason why and there's nothing they can do about it.

Same here. Bloody annoying!! I tried Revolut, Curve then my AIB Debit Card, AIB Credit Card.. nothing.

I did manage to sign in to the Brazilian Netflix but it was asking to send a text to my Brazilian number which I obviously don't have. Wonder is there a way around that?

I gave up and registered my AIB credit card with the Irish one, going to cancel and see if I can sign up to the Turkish one next month as Revolut didn't work. I'd say they have some sort of check now in the background to ensure the card is in Turkey.

It's such a rip-off !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Standman wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that you can just use the same account to go back onto an Irish subscription, and then go back to Turkey the following month.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

Just let your subscription expire, log in next day with Turkish vpn and update your card details. Had the same issue, my revolut card expired and Netflix wouldn't take any of my cards (revolut, boi debit, credit,kbc, curve...) I just let it expire, logged in next day and updated it with my curve metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Just tried it there too

Revolut, BOI Credit & UB Debit all not accepted
    When I got to the payments page I disabled the VPN and it took the card but next screen had it back to the proper price

Has anyone tried the gift card option?

Advertisement