Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-03-2019, 13:35   #1
seasidedub

Greystones

Anybody got any views/opinions on this development? 3 houses for sale which would only have been bought last year. Any problems or issues in the development? And is there social housing in it? I'm not judging, just asking.

I'm planning a move and it's always the best way to get information directly from source. I've a belly full of E.As at this point.

Thanks
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 13:36   #2
seasidedub

Sorry, this should read: Marina Village Greystones
08-03-2019, 15:12   #3
mariaalice

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidedub View Post
Sorry, this should read: Marina Village Greystones
They are trying to flip them I would think, they could have brought off plan and are hoping to make a bit, try and find out what the development was launched at and compare the price they are asking now.
08-03-2019, 15:20   #4
seasidedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaalice View Post
They are trying to flip them I would think, they could have brought off plan and are hoping to make a bit, try and find out what the development was launched at and compare the price they are asking now.
They were bought on and around 500k, asking 650k.
08-03-2019, 15:24   #5
Creamy Goodness

Don't think there's social around them but they'll have the usual minimum 10%, I don't know the area very well but I feel like they were overpriced even for Greystones. The development backs on to the dart line which could annoy some, also they're right on the harbour, I'd worry about the erosion there as the area was quite prone to it going back a few years.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 15:27   #6
mariaalice

Quote:
Well, there is your answer.
08-03-2019, 15:32   #7
Sweet.Science

Quote:
Not a bad house to get from the council
08-03-2019, 15:35   #8
mariaalice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Science View Post
Not a bad house to get from the council
I am not sure about this but I think they did some sort of deal with the council so there may be no social housing in the development.
08-03-2019, 15:37   #9
loyatemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
Don't think there's social around them but they'll have the usual minimum 10%, I don't know the area very well but I feel like they were overpriced even for Greystones. The development backs on to the dart line which could annoy some, also they're right on the harbour, I'd worry about the erosion there as the area was quite prone to it going back a few years.
they're all within the Harbour development and behind the walls and rock armour so should be OK from an erosion point of view. Of course if sea levels rise dramatically, all bets are off.
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 15:41   #10
Creamy Goodness

I hadn't thought of that, was thinking more about the multiple projects over the last 10-15 years to stop erosion around bray head/harbour redevelopment etc.

but yeah if the level rises you'd have an expensive aquarium of a house
08-03-2019, 16:11   #11
cunnifferous

Overpriced tbh. Similar houses in other developments in Greystones going for 100 to 150k less.

Sure your right on the sea but most of the houses have absolutely no view of it because it's so overdeveloped. Also you might want to consider that you'll have quite a lot of people passing through doing the cliff walk which could be a bit of an annoyance.

No anti social behaviour or anything as far as I'm aware though.
Thanks from:
08-03-2019, 16:29   #12
loyatemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnifferous View Post
Sure your right on the sea but most of the houses have absolutely no view of it because it's so overdeveloped. Also you might want to consider that you'll have quite a lot of people passing through doing the cliff walk which could be a bit of an annoyance.
currently the Cliff Walk goes through the estate because of the apartment construction work, when everything is finished the walk will be redirected along the marina boardwalk.
Thanks from:
08-03-2019, 16:44   #13
seasidedub

Appreciate the answers- was not keen on the Marina Village, was bidding on a gorgeous little jewel close to Ladies Cove. Went up 200k. Someone is going to pay 765k for 120m2 with basically a patio so no room to extend and will be massively overlooked by the la Touche redevelopment. So Greystones seems to be the in place. Gutted. Ah well.
08-03-2019, 17:09   #14
loyatemu

look at the older estates around the town. That sort of money would get you somewhere in Hillside, Heathervue, Rathdown Park with money left over to renovate and modernise.
08-03-2019, 17:14   #15
cunnifferous

Quote:
Appreciate the answers- was not keen on the Marina Village, was bidding on a gorgeous little jewel close to Ladies Cove. Went up 200k. Someone is going to pay 765k for 120m2 with basically a patio so no room to extend and will be massively overlooked by the la Touche redevelopment. So Greystones seems to be the in place. Gutted. Ah well.
I know the house you're talking about. If someone is willing to pay 765k for that good look to them!

For 200k less than that, like the previous poster mentioned, you will get a lot in greystones even with the current eye-watering prices.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion