Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-03-2019, 07:56   #16
Samuel T. Cogley

Set out in writing what you want done. When the LL doesn't do it open a case with the RTB. There's no way someone renting a place in that state is going to return 3 months deposit.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 08:39   #17
Fol20

I would not blame her for whats going on here. Some ll and agencies promise the world and do not deliver. She cant exactly not hand over the deposit in advance as this is a requirement to show you mean business. It was done in good faith and now the agency hasnt held up their end of the deal.

Once thing, i would say is all the pics so far are not as bad as people make it out to be. Yes its dirty particularly the oven however a professional clean will sort out most of that. Oven will never be perfect based on current condition but would be usable again. TBH i would be taking the professional clean out of the previous tenants deposit as they left a lot behind.

The pics you have taken so far are not date stamped. Just so she can protect herself. I would set it so the date and time are built into the pic or have a newspaper or something to highlight the date. I know it sounds small but you will need to protect yourself.
(3) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 09:34   #18
Browney7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fol20 View Post
I would not blame her for whats going on here. Some ll and agencies promise the world and do not deliver. She cant exactly not hand over the deposit in advance as this is a requirement to show you mean business. It was done in good faith and now the agency hasnt held up their end of the deal.

Once thing, i would say is all the pics so far are not as bad as people make it out to be. Yes its dirty particularly the oven however a professional clean will sort out most of that. Oven will never be perfect based on current condition but would be usable again. TBH i would be taking the professional clean out of the previous tenants deposit as they left a lot behind.

The pics you have taken so far are not date stamped. Just so she can protect herself. I would set it so the date and time are built into the pic or have a newspaper or something to highlight the date. I know it sounds small but you will need to protect yourself.
This.

A landlord who would let out a house in this condition will have no qualms at eyeing up a slice of that nice 4g deposit at cessation of the tenancy so the tenant needs to prep for that.

2gs a month to move into filth and dirt.

Do houses for HAP not to need to be palatial as per posts on here and so this house will likely fail a HAP inspection?
08-03-2019, 09:44   #19
tvjunki

Contact the agency straight away and list the complaints. I don't understand why the agency did not do a check with the new tenant and list the issues on the lease. If they have signed the lease before checking the property then they have accepted it as is. Not a good agency if they did not check the property.

On a second note ....How could someone afford to pay so many months upfront and get Hap?
(3) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 09:44   #20
JJJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browney7 View Post
This.

A landlord who would let out a house in this condition will have no qualms at eyeing up a slice of that nice 4g deposit at cessation of the tenancy so the tenant needs to prep for that.

Do houses for HAP not to need to be palatial as per posts on here and so this house will likely fail a HAP inspection?
Cant you ask for a HAP inspection?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 09:46   #21
tvjunki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browney7 View Post
This.

Tenant has to find a property and then apply for Hap for that property. It may take up to 6months before an inspection takes place.
Thanks from:
08-03-2019, 10:22   #22
Fol20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjunki View Post
Tenant has to find a property and then apply for Hap for that property. It may take up to 6months before an inspection takes place.
It can be much longer than that. I have a tenant who is over 2 years without an inspection. I dread the time it will come as although its only being built in past 10years. HAP are quite fussy and if the work meets min standards but not HAP standards, it will be up to the tenant to fight for his HAP payment as i wont pay for unnecessary work.
Thanks from:
08-03-2019, 10:26   #23
2Mad2BeMad

Just to answer the last couple of posts without quoting.

That's om my 5 pics there's another 83 just like it for all over the house.
Doesn't include photos and videos of broken stuff.
Mould is a bigger issue as well
Plus the water tank looks like it's leaking looking at the pic below.

She's on HAP you can earn a certain amount and be on HAP. She also has savings which a good chunk was taken out on this deposit.

She's devastated. She's going to a solicitor the agency is dragging there feet saying there's nothing they can do she's already signed the agreement
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 10:30   #24
2Mad2BeMad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post

She's on HAP you can earn a certain amount and be on HAP. She also has savings which a good chunk was taken out on this deposit.

She's devastated. She's going to a solicitor the agency is dragging there feet saying there's nothing they can do she's already signed the agreement
Pic

I attached a pic to this and can't see an attachment I'm on me phone so if anyone can confirm it's there. It's a pic of the bed room ceiling with a water leak from the water tank on the ceiling

Last edited by 2Mad2BeMad; 08-03-2019 at 10:34.
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 10:38   #25
L1011

Quote:
the agency is dragging there feet saying there's nothing they can do she's already signed the agreement
A signed agreement does not override basic standards that are legally required. The kitchen equipment as described is not in a usable state and hence effectively not there for starters.
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 10:41   #26
2Mad2BeMad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fol20 View Post

There was no previous tenant this is the ll forst time renting out a place.
It's all his old stuff. Couches microwave oven blinds mattress
All old badly worn and disgustingly filthy. I'm not talking dust and abit of dirt this is way beyond that

Just a few more pics below these are just the ones that she first took.
This is without the broken stuff
08-03-2019, 10:42   #27
2Mad2BeMad

Water tank pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-f2f692be201806721f80c0740d2c752b-V.jpg (70.7 KB, 629 views)
08-03-2019, 11:04   #28
TomSweeney

So does the HAP pay the entire 2k a month ?
08-03-2019, 12:04   #29
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSweeney View Post
So does the HAP pay the entire 2k a month ?
Why does it matter?
08-03-2019, 12:28   #30
JJJackal

Quote:

I suspect the agency is wrong. House has to be in a habitable condition.

I would be afraid to clean that house without a mask on! riddled with fungus, mould, bacteria and viruses
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion