Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2019, 17:42   #2416
Creamy Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellapino15 View Post
Apologies if this is a silly question, it's all so new to me. I'm trying to proceed with claiming my HTB but next step involves uploading the mortgage contract with the lender. I have not received my loan pack yet as awaiting valuation, it's a new build. Would the original letter of loan be accepted or is the contact different to this?

Also any idea how long a claim takes, roughly, once submitted?
Original letter is not what they want. They want a copy of the contract that’s drawn up for you and the builders solicitors, it’s the it needs to show wet signatures (in pen) by the builders solicitor and you.

After this stage it took 7-10 days for the builder’s solicitor to ask for the code you get after uploading contract and then I didn’t hear a peep afterwards (assuming that as soon as they asked for code they went to claim).
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 19:45   #2417
Natashaw88x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonne.joy.3 View Post
What is it is he has an underpayment from previous years that is being recouped threw his credits at the moment but it won't be fully repaid until October.
I’ve only used 2015, as I’m still awaiting p21’s for 16,17,18 due to a refund that’s been pulled for checking. We used 4 years for my partner. Our application has been approved
Thanks from:
17-03-2019, 10:15   #2418
Jayred

Wonder can anyone help..we have paid deposit on a new build house and HTB grant has been
Claimed by contractor. The HTB grand was 5% of our deposit. We were told house would be ready by end of May but now he is telling us will be sept which I know will turn into nov/Dec. We have to be out of our rented accommodation at end of May and have enrolled daughter in school where new house is. Developer mentioned that another house in same street will
Be ready in June. Bit more expensive but managed to get extra mortgage. Revenue told me the contractor can pay back original grant and claim the new amount which has already been adjusted online to the new refund I am due. However I don’t think developer wants to play ball even.I’m annoyed as he won’t answer and calls or texts. Has anyone else been in similar situation where they wanted to switch house in same development?
18-03-2019, 13:45   #2419
myshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayred View Post
Wonder can anyone help..we have paid deposit on a new build house and HTB grant has been
Claimed by contractor. The HTB grand was 5% of our deposit. We were told house would be ready by end of May but now he is telling us will be sept which I know will turn into nov/Dec. We have to be out of our rented accommodation at end of May and have enrolled daughter in school where new house is. Developer mentioned that another house in same street will
Be ready in June. Bit more expensive but managed to get extra mortgage. Revenue told me the contractor can pay back original grant and claim the new amount which has already been adjusted online to the new refund I am due. However I don’t think developer wants to play ball even.I’m annoyed as he won’t answer and calls or texts. Has anyone else been in similar situation where they wanted to switch house in same development?
There will be a charge on that property until such time that they pay it back. That can be a problem for the bank who want first charge. I'd walk from this. Extremely messy. Developer sounds like a right chancer.
19-03-2019, 01:20   #2420
Maryvind

Hi I really hope someone can answer this... 2 people applying for HTB. Do both people have to select the same 4 years. For example can I select 3 years and partner selects 4? (I have only been back working in ireland for last 3 years) thank you
Advertisement
19-03-2019, 08:07   #2421
myshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryvind View Post
Hi I really hope someone can answer this... 2 people applying for HTB. Do both people have to select the same 4 years. For example can I select 3 years and partner selects 4? (I have only been back working in ireland for last 3 years) thank you
Yes, you can select 3 and your partner 4.
19-03-2019, 10:04   #2422
Maryvind

Thank you myshirt. Another question I hope someone can answer. How does my partner accept confirmation of the group? Will he get a notification in his 'myrevenue'? Is that where he chooses his 4 years? Thank you
21-03-2019, 19:59   #2423
AnthonyOD1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryvind View Post
Thank you myshirt. Another question I hope someone can answer. How does my partner accept confirmation of the group? Will he get a notification in his 'myrevenue'? Is that where he chooses his 4 years? Thank you
Yes once you submit the the request, he should get the request, asking him to login and select the years he wants to use.

in fairness to revenue the whole process, is quick, efficient and probably the easiest part of buying!!
21-03-2019, 21:21   #2424
Maxed-irl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyOD1987 View Post
Yes once you submit the the request, he should get the request, asking him to login and select the years he wants to use.

in fairness to revenue the whole process, is quick, efficient and probably the easiest part of buying!!
I agree the rest is a pain especially waiting to sign contracts
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-03-2019, 13:33   #2425
AnthonyOD1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxed-irl View Post
I agree the rest is a pain especially waiting to sign contracts
Its not just our contracts that are slow so!!
22-03-2019, 16:30   #2426
Ismiseauds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda_Ox View Post
Hey!

I had this problem too. Myself and my partner applied last May and we’re approved so when we went to upload our contracts last week we had to reapply as it had lapsed..
So when I applied from my partners account his form 12 and everything else went through within 24 hours, mine kept saying ‘form 12 not filed - 2018’... so i had filed it on the Tuesday and still had heard nothing up until yesterday when I finally got a pain in my neck after waiting over a week and rang them to be told that it was a problem on their side that they needed to approve my form 12 so that guy said I would be up and running by the end of the day.. so I got up this morning and there was still nothing so I rang again today and the new guy I got told me that whoever I was speaking to yesterday only approbed parts of my form 12 and not the whole lot and that it’s happened a number of times to people over the last couple of weeks..so now it’s finally telling me that I’ve been successfully added to a group :-)

However I’m still skeptical as under the ‘added successfully’ part, it says my partner is still awaiting membership confirmation.... so fingers crossed we’ll get somewhere soon.

With regards to the phone number, if you call this one
*1890 33 34 25‬ and it says they’re too busy and hangs up, call this one instead *(01) 738 3636‬ you’ll get through on one of those line because it happened to me a number of times last week..

Best of luck :-)
Hi - I was looking at this thread as I am having a similar issue. I did a group application for myself and my husband and did the tax returns for last 4 years. I have been "successfully added" however his is still "awaiting confirmation" when we log onto his account its saying he hasn't done the returns for the last 4 years, however as i filed them jointly they are done, and he can even go in and view them and the status for his returns is "Submitted" however it doesn't seem to be linking our two accounts.

I have called numerous times this week and each time i am told someone will look into it for you, They also asked me to raise an enquiry under my enquiries which i have done.

Has anyone else had this problem and was there a work around? Anxious to get this application processed.
22-03-2019, 17:45   #2427
fungie

Do you have to use 4 years worth of tax returns? My partner and I are applying for help to buy. She was self employed for part of it but sorted her tax, however, on the website it says it's not cleared. Nobody in Revenue has been able to sort this.

Can she just use, for instance, 2 years and I use 2 years. This would easily cover the 20000?
22-03-2019, 18:44   #2428
Tipsy McSwagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungie View Post
Do you have to use 4 years worth of tax returns? My partner and I are applying for help to buy. She was self employed for part of it but sorted her tax, however, on the website it says it's not cleared. Nobody in Revenue has been able to sort this.

Can she just use, for instance, 2 years and I use 2 years. This would easily cover the 20000?
You can choose 2 years. At the moment I have chosen 2 and my partner 3 and we got a quote.
22-03-2019, 18:47   #2429
Paschal99

We currently have approval and an access code, but it expires 31st March.

We're expecting contracts to come next week for a house, but we're worried we won't get to sign by the 31st (builder will claim 5% at signing of contracts).

How long is having to re-apply likely to delay us by?
22-03-2019, 20:29   #2430
masterboy123

I re-applied mine today after getting in touch with revenue. It took 3 minutes and it is valid now until 31 December 2019.

What you need to do:
1. Cancel current application.
2. Apply for HTB scheme and choose the same years as before. (for example I chose from 2014 till 2017).
3. Got an email immediately from revenue and when I checked my revenue account 20,000 HTB has been approved with new application code and access code.

Hope this works for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paschal99 View Post
We currently have approval and an access code, but it expires 31st March.

We're expecting contracts to come next week for a house, but we're worried we won't get to sign by the 31st (builder will claim 5% at signing of contracts).

How long is having to re-apply likely to delay us by?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion