Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2019, 10:26   #16
Ursus Horribilis

It being missing from the EA photos says it all.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 10:29   #17
bluetractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybellyelly View Post
and is also an eyesore.
How is it an eyesore? Is the electricity pole or copper wire telephone pole an eyesore. Is a neighbours house and eyesore?
This is just in your mind and fair play for the right thinking of the day you buy is the day you sell. But I and probably many others would love to have a mobile mast within a couple of hundred metres of my house. Think of the benefits - high speed mobile broadband for €30/month. Assuming its 4g, expect 20mb-30mb download and then true high speed when 5g comes along. Think of the cost savings over having FTTH or the saving of your sanity of having to deal with eir.

If I had that house and i was selling it - this would be a sales feature. I'd add at least €5k to the price
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 10:30   #18
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus Horribilis View Post
Ah EA photos are always a bit suspect.

Rooms made to look enormous with wide angle lenses, exposure increased to make every room look really bright, bright and sunny skies in the photos so the garden looks spectacular.

Wouldn't read too much into that.
15-03-2019, 10:32   #19
listermint

Quote:
ehh...

What estate agents do you know include any details that they would not like....
15-03-2019, 10:38   #20
jellybellyelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetractor View Post
How is it an eyesore?
It's a rural property with a hefty premium on it for the 'unspoilt panoramic views' - the EA is marketing it as an area of natural beauty, stunning unspoilt views etc...except for the phone mast in the middle of that unspoilt view. The neighbour's house is on a lower level (down a slight hill) so their house isn't really too visible in the line of sight. The phone mast is on a raised piece of land behind their house which is on the boundary with the house I'm thinking about and extends 24 metres up from there, directly in the line of sight and in the middle of the 'panoramic views'. That's why I'd consider it an eyesore, and the closeness of it makes it more prominent.

It's a probate sale and the house has been empty for a number of years so the owners may not have known the mast was going in.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 10:44   #21
Ursus Horribilis

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
ehh...

What estate agents do you know include any details that they would not like....
??
15-03-2019, 10:50   #22
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
It's a rural property with a hefty premium on it for the 'unspoilt panoramic views' - the EA is marketing it as an area of natural beauty, stunning unspoilt views etc...except for the phone mast in the middle of that unspoilt view. The neighbour's house is on a lower level (down a slight hill) so their house isn't really too visible in the line of sight. The phone mast is on a raised piece of land behind their house which is on the boundary with the house I'm thinking about and extends 24 metres up from there, directly in the line of sight and in the middle of the 'panoramic views'. That's why I'd consider it an eyesore, and the closeness of it makes it more prominent.

It's a probate sale and the house has been empty for a number of years so the owners may not have known the mast was going in.
So the fact it's a phone mast is irrelevant really, it's just that there's an unnatural structure in your view that spoils it for you. Could be anything, electric poles, wind turbine etc.

So really it just comes down to whether or not you'd ever get used to it being there, or it would just annoy you forever. Nobody else can answer this one for you.
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 10:52   #23
Markcheese

How close to the house (and garden) is the mast, and is it the first thing you see? (largely hidden by the hedge or casts a shadow on the garden,
If everything else about the house works for you, and the mast isn't going to impact, then go for it..
15-03-2019, 11:19   #24
listermint

Quote:
??
"EA didnt take picutures of the mast... says it all"

EA's dont take pictures of alot of things. I dont understand your point.
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 12:45   #25
the_syco

Quote:
the EA is marketing it as an area of natural beauty, stunning unspoilt views etc...except for the phone mast in the middle of that unspoilt view.
If you got the house at a bit cheaper, would the eyesore still annoy you? If yes, look at another house, if no, haggle the price down.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion