Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I got the redmi airdots after someone here linked to them being at a reduced price on gearbest. Very happy with them for the price (Less than 30). Comfortable, pretty minimalist, don't fall out.

I used to have the taotronics tt-bh07 which had a cable between the two wireless earbuds and the back of each earbud was magnetised. I kind of liked being able to hang them around my neck if I suddenly needed to chat with someone, now I have to hold an earbud or put it on my desk or in a pocket... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice.

I’m in the market for truly wireless earphones for work in a shared office. I like the idea of using only one bud while the other is in the charging case - as I like listening to music while I work, but also people around me often chat while I’m working, so I’d like to be able to hear ambient noise.

I’m leaning towards the Apple AirPods - however the price point for AirPods is out of my budget. Could anyone provide links to alternatives to AirPods (as I like their profile) - I know there’s some on Aliexpress, amazon and eBay - but I have no clue as to what is decent. Thanks :)

Creative Outlier Air. They are just fantastic.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-air

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I have two pairs of TISOs one 4 and one 5. I got the 5 because of the lid on the box. I keep my 4s in work and the 5s in my pocket for at home. They work brilliantly with my phone and also my Fitbit, zero drop outs.

No comparison sound wise to the creatives (which I hated) they are streets ahead...

Highly recommended them! You can't go wrong for the money. Soon as my other half saw the 5s they wanted a pair (because the box is cool :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

ImARebel wrote: »
    I have two pairs of TISOs one 4 and one 5. I got the 5 because of the lid on the box. I keep my 4s in work and the 5s in my pocket for at home. They work brilliantly with my phone and also my Fitbit, zero drop outs.

No comparison sound wise to the creatives (which I hated) they are streets ahead...

Highly recommended them! You can't go wrong for the money. Soon as my other half saw the 5s they wanted a pair (because the box is cool :D)

Are they the exact same sound wise or is one or other better for sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Are they the exact same sound wise or is one or other better for sound?

To my untrained ear they appear to be the same. if anything I'd say the 5s are an upgrade on the box and the earbuds are the 4s

For 20 bills you can't go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

deisedevil wrote: »

Are the dropout issues resolved? Maybe I was just unlucky with the set I had but I didn see many more reports of drop out issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Am I missing a trick with the i5's on Aliexpress, it says they can't be shipped to Ireland?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ Clear your browser cache and closed it down.

Also make sure your signed into aliexpress account.

Had no problem adding it to my cart.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You in Politics

• Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps
    • Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

AdMMM wrote: »
    Am I missing a trick with the i5's on Aliexpress, it says they can't be shipped to Ireland?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html

I've had one set delivered and another is in portlaoise awaiting customs clearance

adox wrote: »
    Are the dropout issues resolved? Maybe I was just unlucky with the set I had but I didn see many more reports of drop out issues.

I'm using them every day now, in gym, out running and at work. No drop outs at all. Such a difference to the first pair they sent. Must have been a bad batch that got made just around then. Battery is savage too.

The connection is far more solid than a pair of Bose soundsports I used to have (before they went in the wash) and the range is much much better.

Shur you might give them a go again ðŸ˜.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is the same store i bought mine from so it is probably something you are doing. Corkies advice seems spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yeah, once I added my entire address through my profile it allowed me to checkout, but wouldn't allow my to checkout if I added my address through the cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

To everyone who responded to my post from a few days ago - thanks for all the responses :)

Are the knock-off variations of the airpods any use? The ones that *look* like the airpods.......

The Creative Air Outliers look really nice. Can the creative earbuds be used one at a time - while the other is in the charging case?
    Does creative regularly offer discount codes.... or do they often have sales?
    Thanks all :)

I'm using them every day now, in gym, out running and at work. No drop outs at all. Such a difference to the first pair they sent. Must have been a bad batch that got made just around then. Battery is savage too.

The connection is far more solid than a pair of Bose soundsports I used to have (before they went in the wash) and the range is much much better.

Shur you might give them a go again

Cheers for that. Ive ordered another pair, the gold ones. Hopefully work out for me. I loved them apart from the dropouts which were too frequent.

Did any buy the new i500 TWS do they really have a 5 hour battery life

I had the i10 and they are great by the 90 minute battery life is annoying me time for an upgrade I’d be happy with 4 - 5 hours or more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on these, has anyone had problems with them falling out? Not sure is it just my ears but Ive had problems before getting earphones to stay in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Have found my outlier airs perfect until recently - the right earbud volume is now much lower than the left. Have cleaned it etc and reset it. Is anyone finding the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Have found my outlier airs perfect until recently - the right earbud volume is now much lower than the left. Have cleaned it etc and reset it. Is anyone finding the same?

Yeah I had something similar but I think it's just that the volume on the bud might be turned down. If you long press the right bud a few times it should bring the volume back up. It confused me for a while too.

Hope that fixes it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Skuxx wrote: »
    I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on these, has anyone had problems with them falling out? Not sure is it just my ears but Ive had problems before getting earphones to stay in!

No issues with falling out. I've used them on multiple 10km runs and I've never had any problems. You just give them a little twist as your inserting them to keep them secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Over the last few days I've been using the i4's with an iPhone 7 a lot. A strange thing has happened a few times. A really super clear, almost spacial stereo kicks in. It really fills the sound out. The only thing is it happens randomly so I've no way to control it.

Has anybody any suggestions to ensure this stays on all the time? Is there a setting in the iPhone or is it just pot luck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

range of wireless earphones as part of the amazon.co.uk sale.

Skuxx wrote: »

Judging by the reviews of others I'd say most people have no issues but I've def seen some people saying they had to change tips. They fit in my ears perfectly and I can shake my head as hard as I like and they don't budge. I suppose it's hard to be sure until you get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Sorry guys, have only read back a few pages.

Just wondering if there's any consensus on the best wireless earbuds under €50?

I saw the TISO i5s recommended earlier, but just wondering if an extra 25 quid or so would get a better set?

Edit: feck it, decided to look on Amazon.. ended up getting these on a lightning deal - came to £25

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PJVHZL8

IPX7 waterproof, and 4000mah charge case - seem well reviewed - will update after trying them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Judging by the reviews of others I'd say most people have no issues but I've def seen some people saying they had to change tips. They fit in my ears perfectly and I can shake my head as hard as I like and they don't budge. I suppose it's hard to be sure until you get them.

Ill know Tuesday once theyre delivered!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

10% off Creative Air with the code below

IAMOUTLIER

10% off Creative Air with the code below

IAMOUTLIER

Typical! I have a pair on the way. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I’ve the i5 ordered on Aliexpress (what a pain of a website to navigate), I’ll report back when I get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

corkie wrote: »
    ^^^ Clear your browser cache and closed it down.

Also make sure your signed into aliexpress account.

Had no problem adding it to my cart.

I'm having the same issue :(

Tried opening the window incognito, and same ....

Is this correct link For Tiso 5?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.567d4f62f7H6La&algo_pvid=1a7ae141-36a7-43a4-95c8-b607cdd77569&algo_expid=1a7ae141-36a7-43a4-95c8-b607cdd77569-0&btsid=ac7e4fce-09ed-4b47-b949-d7b3cf77f7ce&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_53

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭corkie

@greentea is just wrong As reported by the other person. You need to have your address details filled in for your account.

Correct link, but price has since gone up around €3. Since I got mine.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You in Politics

• Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps
    • Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

corkie wrote: »
    @greentea is just wrong As reported by the other person. You need to have your address details filled in for your account.

Correct link, but price has since gone up around €3. Since I got mine.

Oh sorry, I misread that bit about the address, i'll try again with that now. Thanks a mil !

Advertisement