Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Saver on Expressway

• 13-02-2019 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just a heads up

For travel within the Dublin Zones, tax saver tickets will be accepted from today on Expressway Services.

I received an email from BE taxsaver department after making a complaint regarding this, staff will be notified from today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Homer

Don’t suppose if you know does it include Bus reann if you have an Irish rail and commuter ticket already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

No the problem for me was that I was thinking about getting the Tax Saver ticket but due to my working hours I need to use an expressway service everyday every other month as the usual BE service stops before I finish.

As far as I know if you have a rail ticket it will not cover Bus Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

piplip87 wrote: »
    No the problem for me was that I was thinking about getting the Tax Saver ticket but due to my working hours I need to use an expressway service everyday every other month as the usual BE service stops before I finish.

As far as I know if you have a rail ticket it will not cover Bus Eireann

Plus from the POV of Dublin Bus, usually the routes are set up such that set down/pick up only clauses apply to BE services so as to prevent people getting BE as a faster (less stops) alternative to DB, so I'd imagine there are very few journeys where DB tickets would even be valid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Homer wrote: »
    Don’t suppose if you know does it include Bus reann if you have an Irish rail and commuter ticket already?

There is zero chance of that. It's taxsaver commuter BE tickets that are being accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Don't get your hopes up just yet

This isn't for just jumping on a bus with taxsaver leap card and going as you please

You need to get a specific taxsaver ticket for expressway, meaning you'll be carrying your id card and a separate pass specific to the service you're using.

Read up on it carefully

From the staff notice I've seen you'll have an id card and a big A4 sheet to carry with you specifying the service.

I'll have a good look at the notice again today and report back

• Advertisement

Looked at staff notices today and there is a taxsaver permit and company I.D system set up for travel but only on bus eireann services withing permitted zone.

Nothing about expressway. Will keep an eye on it but generally these things start at beginning of week

Looked at staff notices today and there is a taxsaver permit and company I.D system set up for travel but only on bus eireann services withing permitted zone.

Nothing about expressway. Will keep an eye on it but generally these things start at beginning of week

Goodman thanks for that. Just got the email this morning. Ill hold back on ordering the tax saver until it's confirmed for sure though as Ive no choice to use the 30 to Virginia when on late shift. Look I'll carry whatever pass they want me too as long as it saves me a few quid. (Typical Cavanman I know)

Hey guys,

Just a quick update.

Since I received the email from BE taxsaver office I've had to use Expressway (30/30x) a few times. It's pretty much the same as before. Depends on the driver.

Some drivers will let you use the taxsaver
    Some won't. (I've only shown the email on the way 00:30 service as it's the last bus home).

Most however will let you on but have no idea how the taxsaver actually works. Take this evening for example:

Got on the bus and asked does he accept taxsaver tickets, he said sure give it a go and see. I validated the ticket and said thank you and went to walk into the bus. The driver called me back and asked for the card to be presented again, he then tried to go into the purse and try to get the ticket that way. The purse was empty so he refused to let me on.

Luckily it was on the way to Dublin and not the 00:30 bus home.

Nothing against the driver he didn't have a clue but Is it too much to ask that BE actually inform Thier drivers of how these things work

Sorry I never got back to this !

A staff notice went up which indicates that we now (as of 2-3 weeks ago) fully accept tax saver leap cards on expressway services

But only withing the zone it is valid for.

So don't get on the x30 in Dublin and expect to get to Donegal on it !

Advertisement