Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-05-2019, 14:41   #61
whiskeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennya View Post
They'll do fcuk all. I emailed the company owning this truck that pushed me out of lane and never got a response.
I had a different experience with a bus company.
When I said I was going to send the footage to a school they operate with, the MD was on the phone to me that day.

Coffey are a large firm and website speaks highly of their safety commitment.
They would be involved in many civil work and tenders, so I'd say they'd take this very seriously.
Advertisement
14-05-2019, 14:56   #62
Spook_ie

Quote:
They'll do fcuk all. I emailed the company owning this truck that pushed me out of lane and never got a response.

(I sped up to allow him to merge behind me, as the car behind had left loads of room to do so)
Without having a rear view camera very difficult to judge if your speeding up had a causality effect of putting/keeping you in a trucks blind spot.
14-05-2019, 15:29   #63
bennya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook_ie View Post
Without having a rear view camera very difficult to judge if your speeding up had a causality effect of putting/keeping you in a trucks blind spot.
He knew I was there, for definite. The camera exaggerates the distances and I really only went forward a few metres. Appreciate it's difficult for someone who wasn't there to judge, but he was intent on pushing his way in, and if i didn't have the slip lane next to me to duck into, there would have been contact - and he knew that.
14-05-2019, 19:20   #64
soups05

I would have stuck to my lane and allowed contact, but then again am thick as feck and drive an 07 so no loss.
(2) thanks from:
15-05-2019, 01:16   #65
Spook_ie

Quote:
He knew I was there, for definite. The camera exaggerates the distances and I really only went forward a few metres. Appreciate it's difficult for someone who wasn't there to judge, but he was intent on pushing his way in, and if i didn't have the slip lane next to me to duck into, there would have been contact - and he knew that.
You were the man in the driving seat, you made the decision, personally I would have probably slowed rather than accelerate into a danger position, but hey no one got hurt, no metal/plastic got bashed so a good day all round.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-05-2019, 01:22   #66
fritzelly

Quote:

(I sped up to allow him to merge behind me, as the car behind had left loads of room to do so)
Sentence makes no sense, why not slow down and let him in. You don't speed up to allow someone in - literally slowing down by a few mph and every one on their way, this is the stuff of the English dash cam of causing an incident
If it came to a case of damage you would probably lose by forcing your position

Last edited by fritzelly; 15-05-2019 at 01:26.
15-05-2019, 08:22   #67
inforfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzelly View Post
Sentence makes no sense, why not slow down and let him in. You don't speed up to allow someone in - literally slowing down by a few mph and every one on their way, this is the stuff of the English dash cam of causing an incident
Of course it makes sense. A car accelerates faster than a truck so getting your ass out of the way by going faster works better than slowing down in some situations.
But do it in a "**** the speed limit for a few seconds" way and floor it.
(6) thanks from:
15-05-2019, 11:24   #68
iwillhtfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzelly View Post
By that reasoning why didn't the truck just stay in the lane shown to be M50 north by several signs he passed before hand and not cut in at literally the last minute. I'd imagine he was trying to do what I see a lot of truck drivers do and that is skip to the top of the off ramp find a truck and indicate as you pass him. It must be some unwritten rule among truck drivers. I'm all for giving truck drivers space but no way did this gob****e not realise that cam car was there and then he beeps him as if cam car is at fault. Cam car would've lost nothing if there was contact with the exception of time and hassle.
(4) thanks from:
15-05-2019, 13:20   #69
chewed

...and here we go!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-05-2019, 20:49   #70
Autecher

If someone really 'has' to overtake 2 cars why would they not at least use the empty bus lane to do it?

15-05-2019, 23:25   #71
eringobragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autecher View Post
If someone really 'has' to overtake 2 cars why would they not at least use the empty bus lane to do it?

Clown
16-05-2019, 09:36   #72
Spook_ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autecher View Post

Both could incur a ticket, though I think only the driving on the hatched area carries points
Thanks from:
16-05-2019, 20:51   #73
McGrath5

Hope this fella carries a organ donor card....

Last edited by McGrath5; 16-05-2019 at 20:55.
16-05-2019, 21:01   #74
GrumpyMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrath5 View Post
Hope this fella carries a organ donor card....
Whether he does or not makes no difference. Organ donation as of now, is decided by the Next of Kin rather than the present user of the said organs!
16-05-2019, 21:04   #75
dolanbaker

That's very tame in comparison to some of the videos on youtube uploaded by suicidal bike riders.
search"crazy and stupid Brazilian biker high speed in traffic"
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion