Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Career Guidance

Options
  • 18-04-2019 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am in my late 30s and looking to change from legal to education ... anyone recommend a career Guidance counselor or someone knowledgeable re: how to retrain?

Thanks
    Áine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Can you be more specific?
    You want to move from Legal secretary/Paralegal/ citizens Information/ Garda/ Solicitor/ Judge?
    To Special needs Assistant/ Primary teacher/Secondary Teacher/ College lecturer?

You see the educational gap? Do you have a primary degree? I am a big fan of VTOS, I would start there. My friends wife got a crazy redundancy package as QA from Pharmaceutical Industry and she was too young to retire at 55. He asked her what she wanted to do and she said be a primary school teacher. She retrained as a primary school teacher. Took her 5 years I think including summers in the Gaeltacht.

Advertisement