Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How old were you when you first kissed a girl.

• 02-02-2019 9:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

I was a social wreck during school, and I've only become social in the last few years. I'm 23 now, and it still hasn't happened, but I'm going to try harder, because tbh, I never attempt to approach girls.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Work on yourself and your confidence. Have interests and chat to people. There is nothing as boring as someone whose only interest is TV (whether watching sports or movies).
    Once you have a bit of confidence the rest comes naturally.
    I think I was 17 when I first kissed a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Nine the first time my lips touched those of a girl I liked but I wouldn't call it my first kiss. 11 otherwise

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Robert Wolfe

devlinio wrote: »
    I was a social wreck during school, and I've only become social in the last few years. I'm 23 now, and it still hasn't happened, but I'm going to try harder, because tbh, I never attempt to approach girls.

I was 14. Just get messy drunk and you'll shift someone on a night out pretty quickly. It's no big deal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was 13 when I first snogged a girl. It was very awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

14? ish …..

Awkward, but amazing feeling ! :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

I 15 and super awkard about doing it so luckly she did it. She had chewing gum and I asked for one so she stuck her tongue and her gum in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

12/13ish iirc, she came at me with tongue swinging, I nearly ducked out of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I remember thinking I was really "late" at the age of 16 but in retrospect, I was probably ahead of the majority of my peers at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

12 i think, washing machine central

10 years old and had to stand on a brick just to reach her as she was tall for her age! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

OP, just get to know more women. Join stuff, get involved with things and have chats.
    In my experience at least, you don't ever meet anyone if you go out with the intention that you're going to meet someone. It usually just happens, so what you need to do is expand your social circle and get to know more people generally and some of them might click with you and before long you'll be getting snogged.

The main thing is don't over-think it or build it up into something complicated. Just do things you enjoy and get to know as many people as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Thing to remember though is, it’s not the kiss that’s special, it’s the person. First kisses can be sloppy and often involve teath.

Just work on yourself, great that your self aware and becoming more social. Enlist your best friend and get a wingman. Talk about to friends if it gets to you they might be able to help too. I don’t mean to be insensitive about it but I can well picture a lads night out with a goal of finding you your first kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I was 12 , made a mess of it and clashed teeth, didn't have a "proper" first kiss until 14 , made up a fake GF to avoid kissing a girl on holidays in Spain when i was 13 due to nerves LOL........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

16, I was in fifth year and nervous as hell. Was feeling the pressure because I thought I was a late starter. Had been in a position a few times before but could never get enough confidence to go in for the kiss.
    Once I did it once, it was easier the next times after that.

Try not to make a big deal of it, if you find the right person it will be a non issue.

Otherwise if you prefer, just go to a club, have a few drinks and a chat a people up and see if you can break the duck that way, obviously not in a rapey way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

11/12 around that age

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hermes Trismegistus

7/8...twins actually. Theres a flash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,237 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Danced with a girl - 17(?).

Kissed a girl on the cheek - 18.

Kissed by a girl on lips - 19.
    I was rather surprised and didn't kiss her back.

Kissed a girl on the lips - 20.
    I was 14. Just get messy drunk and you'll shift someone on a night out pretty quickly. It's no big deal.
    And ........... no .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

devlinio wrote: »

Trust me it will happen once the right woman and circumstances come.

And don't feel bad about it either, it's one of these totally arbitrary things society puts pressure on young men to care about. You'd be surprised how many men had their first whatever in their twenties. A lot of women too.

I know because I was one of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

10, in the local youth club ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I was 15. Up in larch hill, away with the senior scouts. Fidelma. Never saw her again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

12 and it was awkward as **** as my mother caught us

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

7/8...twins actually. Theres a flash back.

Is that you Charlie Sheen!:-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Gffg

I'd a few spin the bottle kisses when I was in my teens. But my first proper kiss didn't come until I was 19.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Gffg

Trust me it will happen once the right woman and circumstances come.

And don't feel bad about it either, it's one of these totally arbitrary things society puts pressure on young men to care about. You'd be surprised how many men had their first whatever in their twenties. A lot of women too.

I know because I was one of them.
    Biggest load of sh1te I ever heard.

12/13 local disco, was like kissing a washing machine on spin cycle.

IIRC got my second, third, fourth and fifth kisses that same night too.
    Teen discos are manky spots :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

9. Playing chasing as kids. One girl a few years older me said she'd let me go if I let her kiss me . Seemed a good deal at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

16 or 17 I think, was easy to get into nightclubs back then so had a pint in me before it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Gffg wrote: »
    Biggest load of sh1te I ever heard.

Care to specify?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone who was ever at a teen disco or the Gaeltacht at some point in their early teens would be guaranteed, even if you had a face like a bag of spuds. Think I was about 13.

Advertisement