Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Meh, probably not enough to attract me to any of the days, if a couple of the right electronic acts were playing on the same day then maybe. Not interested in any of the headliners though.

Jon Hopkins, Mura Masa, Maribou State, First Aid Kit, Mall Grab, Ross from friends all played festivals here in 2018, Elbow, Skepta, Danny Brown all 2017. Then again I was giving out about the Primavera lineup saying the acts are obscure :pac: maybe 2019 just doesn't have the acts touring!

POD really pull from a small pool of artists.

You'll see some of these pop up again in august for ATN festival.

Id buy a day ticket if I saw the likes of NAO, Apparat, Modeselector announced for perhaps the Mura Masa day. Seeing Jon Hopkins at Mad Cool already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Was hoping for more of a crossover with All Points East in London on the Sunday. If I can get reasonable flights, would be very tempted to go. Get to catch all of these on the same day:

Bon Iver, Mac Demarco, First Aid Kit, John Grant, The Tallest Man on Earth and Julien Baker,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Already 9 names on that I’d see so a good start for me. A lot of those acts played here in the last year or 2 though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,759 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone know the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets for this?

Only a fiver in the difference, and as far as I know it's all standing anyway?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone know the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 tickets for this?

Only a fiver in the difference, and as far as I know it's all standing anyway?

Difference is price. That's all :)

• Advertisement

Difference is price. That's all :)
    Is that really it?

Some of these are for presents, I'd like to get the best available.

Can't find info anywhere on it.....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is that really it?

Some of these are for presents, I'd like to get the best available.

Can't find info anywhere on it.....

yeah.. that's it.

yeah.. that's it.
    WTF???

(not directed at you, thanks for the info!)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭mgkelly

Is it not a case of when tier 1 sells out then they move on to tier 2? A tiered approach to pricing of tickets? Other festivals such as Sea Sessions do this.

mgkelly wrote: »
    Is it not a case of when tier 1 sells out then they move on to tier 2? A tiered approach to pricing of tickets? Other festivals such as Sea Sessions do this.

yes

• Advertisement

mgkelly wrote: »

Seems to be. By the time I'd worked that out (about 9.15am) tier 1 was sold out :mad:

Anyone know when another announcement will be due?

See Bon Iver, John Grant, Tallest Man On Earth, Julien Baker, Mac DeMarco and First Aid Kit playing All Points East festival in London the Sunday. FAK already coming over. Reckon a couple more will make an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dunno, but Field Day the weekend after announced their lineup earlier, probably a few off that:

https://twitter.com/fielddaylondon/status/1085099517446422528

A new announcement is incoming as per their instagram.

I reckon either this evening or before 1pm tomorrow.

A new announcement is incoming as per their instagram.

I reckon either this evening or before 1pm tomorrow.

Cheers for that! Seems to be nothing on their fb or Twitter. Think they'd post there too..

Eod100 wrote: »
    Cheers for that! Seems to be nothing on their fb or Twitter. Think they'd post there too..

Very welcome

Well they're advertising for Digital Marketing Interns.

Pay peanuts (or nothing in this case) get monkeys.

Just joking, i'm sure they're all very good at their jobs, I really feel this whole unpaid intern thing is taking advantage of people in artistic industries.

Very welcome

Well they're advertising for Digital Marketing Interns.

Pay peanuts (or nothing in this case) get monkeys.

Just joking, i'm sure they're all very good at their jobs, I really feel this whole unpaid intern thing is taking advantage of people in artistic industries.

Yeah it's dodgy alright when festival is a commercial entity. At least volunteers get tickets for their time but presumably a fraction of paying someone an hourly minimum wage..

Guess there's no news on more acts being added?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

better lineup (so far) at AVA up the road the same weekend IMO

DxrQlVYWwAAiljG.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yep agree ghostboy, don't think Forbidden fruit will be topping that. Have you (or anyone) ever gone to AVA? What's it like?

• Advertisement

Oooh that is a good lineup. Love to catch one of blawan’s sets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Parklife happening five days after Forbidden Fruit, should give you an idea of some of the acts touring around then.

51327373_2266298843414621_1297136112585670656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=6ae009a5cbf03c91f8865ac5da540172&oe=5CFFA861

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

Another announcement coming tomorrow according to their instagram

lc180 wrote: »
    Another announcement coming tomorrow according to their instagram

Nice one. Hoping they get a few from All Points East

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Yep agree ghostboy, don't think Forbidden fruit will be topping that. Have you (or anyone) ever gone to AVA? What's it like?

AVA is brilliant! Probably the best festival In Ireland for electronic music. The Bicep boys have been involved with it since the very beginning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Any hope of getting tickets for this anywhere :):)

Any hope of getting tickets for this anywhere :):)

For free?

Or through ticketmaster. There's loads left I think?

DyPYdl1XQAU7lG7.jpg:large

Not great at all considering all that's touring in June

DyPYdl1XQAU7lG7.jpg:large

Not great at all considering all that's touring in June

Julien Baker added from All Points East. Wouldn't have minded Bon Iver or Tallest Man In Earth too. Maybe they will be at ATN? Don't think there's enough there to get me to go for a weekend or even a day tbh. Are many more acts expected to be announced?

• Advertisement

I've seen almost all of them recently bar Laurent Garnier who I would love to catch

Advertisement