Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite True Crime Stories

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Dirty John is a great podcast, I think I read somewhere that Netflix have picked up the story for a drama series.

I also love Real Crime Profile podcast. It’s three hosts who sit and have a chat about anything topical in the world of crime and the most notorious cases. The hosts are a former FBI and criminal profiler, a casting director for Criminal Minds, and another woman who is former New Scotland Yard who now runs her own stalking advocacy service. So they’re all very well informed and aren’t just a few douchebags sitting around making murder jokes (cough True Crime Garage) Those are my favourite kinds of podcasts, where you already know the story so you’re kind of just listening in on their opinions and theories. They’ve done MAM, OJ, Amanda Knox, The Staircase..
    Worth a listen.

Also just finished West Cork. I know we’re not allowed to discuss that here so all I can say is, wow :pac:

I like the Real Crime Profile series on the OJ case which is really detailed and insightful, but generally find Jim Clemente to be incredibly arrogant and difficult to listen to, so don't like to it much these days!

A case I've been fascinated with lately is the Setagaya Family Murders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setagaya_family_murder

It's a really messed up story where there are so many offputting details that make very little sense and may have been designed to throw off the trail. The wiki isn't very comprehensive but there are tons of threads on reddit etc discussing the details, happy to link these if that's allowed.

I would love to hear what people think of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

voldejoie wrote: »
    I like the Real Crime Profile series on the OJ case which is really detailed and insightful, but generally find Jim Clemente to be incredibly arrogant and difficult to listen to, so don't like to it much these days!

A case I've been fascinated with lately is the Setagaya Family Murders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setagaya_family_murder

It's a really messed up story where there are so many offputting details that make very little sense and may have been designed to throw off the trail. The wiki isn't very comprehensive but there are tons of threads on reddit etc discussing the details, happy to link these if that's allowed.

I would love to hear what people think of it!

Jaysus, never heard of that before. Will definitely look into that one, there seems to be an episode on it on the "Unresolved" podcast. Cheers for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭juno10353

this podcast link is terrific for Irish crime

As is the Mens Rea podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ye gods! Ive read the wiki on it. What an awful crime.

As regards armchair detecting, I can only surmise that it was a once-off - because surely the Tokyo police would have looked for a similar MO, or DNA traces etc, and seem to have not found any (none mentioned, anyway)

You'd have to wonder if the killer had a personal grudge against this particular family? Or maybe a random choice because he could climb into it from the park? but WHY???

Advertisement