Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to check research coverage

Options
  • 04-10-2018 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently had an article accepted for publication and the coverage has been far greater than anticipated. It has been reported my local, national and international outlets and by my estimate, it has been covered by over a hundred news outlets in total. Is there any way of checking how many time an article has been covered by media outlets? I could Google using advanced search, but I'm thinking that there may be an easier way to measure the research impact

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

One source of information on the impact of your article is to count the number of times it is quoted. Most scholarly journals track this for their authors, so check out the journal you published in periodically to see the quote counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Black Swan wrote: »
    One source of information on the impact of your article is to count the number of times it is quoted. Most scholarly journals track this for their authors, so check out the journal you published in periodically to see the quote counts.

Thanks very much for this suggestion. I have also been using Altmetric, though it is not picking up a lot of the articles as they don't include the DOI of the paper.

Advertisement