Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

mine? I see you and neurotic posted after me. But I can't see neurotic either.

Neurotic's link is the word "here" in his post but it's just a Lego storm trooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Stoogie wrote: »
    Neurotic's link is the word "here" in his post but it's just a Lego storm trooper.

Didn't even notice there was a clickable link. Yeah he is a chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Since it's practically halloween and we're talking about pictures, I present to you Sally and Jack.

2yzhs82.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

That is really, really cool.

That is really, really cool.

Thanks, the dress took me a while to make and I wasn't really happy with the makeup in the end as it was rushed, but sure. I went as Venom last year and set the bar way too high for myself. It's still my favourite pic of me:P It's the only time of year I get to dress up and be creative! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Cool costumes!

I think I'm getting old. Or something. I used to love dressing up for Halloween and making the most of the long weekend by going out and having the lols. I have a bag of home made costumes from nights out over the years.

But this weekend all I wanted to do was sleep. Today I even willingly cleaned.

I think I'm adulting and I don't know how to stop it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sullivlo wrote: »
    Cool costumes!

I think I'm getting old. Or something. I used to love dressing up for Halloween and making the most of the long weekend by going out and having the lols. I have a bag of home made costumes from nights out over the years.

But this weekend all I wanted to do was sleep. Today I even willingly cleaned.

I think I'm adulting and I don't know how to stop it :(

me too. got exam results on friday and haven't gone out yet. determined to go out tonight though :P. i also cleaned today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

me too. got exam results on friday and haven't gone out yet. determined to go out tonight though :P. i also cleaned today

I cleaned the shower. Properly full on cleaned with vinegar (limey area), changed my bed, hoovered, cooked dinner... Now I am lying on the couch with 3 lasagna and 3 cottage pies in the oven, and when they're cooked I'm going to drive them into town to give to a charity who feed homeless people. I also made 4 sliced pans worth of sandwiches. It cost me the same amount as a night out, but the people needing food are more important to me.

Tomorrow I think I'll build some Lego.

Oh! I forgot that I also walked the dog. We're dogsitting. She pulled at one stage and her lead snapped! Thankfully I was able to get a hold of her but it made for an interesting walk home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The blue man in my avatar is Sully from monsters inc.

It's based on my name. I am not blue in real life.

The picture in my avatar is the planet Earth. I am not a celestial body in real life.

The picture in my avatar is the planet Earth. I am not a celestial body in real life.

I know that there is some joke to be made about you and the moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

I have read Boards for years, but it was following your Games that prompted me to sign up. I have followed them all, and found them hugely entertaining. I thought I might be missing something by not being signed in :D No, I do not want to play, even after following them all, I'm still no wiser how you all work out the goodies from the baddies, and the Roles from the last one fried my already shrinking brain!

I hope you don't make them private, as I'm sure there are many more following them without wanting to play.

Well done to all,I'm looking forward to the next one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Whocanibe wrote: »
    I have read Boards for years, but it was following your Games that prompted me to sign up. I have followed them all, and found them hugely entertaining. I thought I might be missing something by not being signed in :D No, I do not want to play, even after following them all, I'm still no wiser how you all work out the goodies from the baddies, and the Roles from the last one fried my already shrinking brain!

I hope you don't make them private, as I'm sure there are many more following them without wanting to play.

Ah jasus you're making people sound too smart here. AFAIK, most people just blather their way through the game and kill everyone until they hit a bad guy.

Except Tigger. He's a savant.

Hi and welcome! :) Even if you don't want to play but you'd like to follow and discuss the game, you should ask for dead room access for the next game! It's a lot of fun because you can see how clueless everyone else and see all the theories without actually being under pressure to play. I've played three of the four games (though I was killed early enough in one) but sat in the dead room for the other and it was great craic! All said though, I've defo gotten better at the game, game 1 me was completely clueless and wouldn't have picked up on the seer or priest hints in the last game!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It fried mine too! Once you're playing the game you have no option but to pay attention to the roles. I spent last game with a separate tab on on the OP so I could swap back easily and clarify roles.

The amount of times I had posts written only to delete them after reading them for fear that I was giving something away!

By all means keep watching but take the plunge and jump in if you like - it's great fun and worth participating at least once just for the experience.

Thankfully I stumbled across the first game that Jayop posted in AH - the best thing to come out of AH since the 'safe thread'.

EDIT: You can put your username to the test too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's a lot easier when you're playing, you should give it one go at least, if we have a simpler game maybe to begin but CJ and someone else jumped right into the last one, by far our most complex and got on perfectly fine.

It's a lot easier when you're playing, you should give it one go at least, if we have a simpler game maybe to begin but CJ and someone else jumped right into the last one, by far our most complex and got on perfectly fine.

Could we run just a simple game a-la WWI for new people? And then unleash the complexity for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

crosstownk wrote: »
    It fried mine too! Once you're playing the game you have no option but to pay attention to the roles. I spent last game with a separate tab on on the OP so I could swap back easily and clarify roles.

The amount of times I had posts written only to delete them after reading them for fear that I was giving something away!

By all means keep watching but take the plunge and jump in if you like - it's great fun and worth participating at least once just for the experience.

Thankfully I stumbled across the first game that Jayop posted in AH - the best thing to come out of AH since the 'safe thread'.

EDIT: You can put your username to the test too ;)

My username was born out of frustration when the many names I put in were already taken, annoyed, I put this one in and Voila :D

I'm happy to just follow for now, and just so you know, I did have you down as a baddie :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Chagan was the other. I commented in the DR that both did great. I do think the OPs of every game are very daunting when you first read them, but agree that once you're in the midst of the game, it all starts to come together. Molly is right though, except for Tigger, I think we're all more-or-less using a bit of guess work and a bit of luck to get through it.

A WW1-esque game for the next game might not be such a bad thing. There is somewhat a danger of this forum becoming a bit cliquey, so opening it out to newbies with a simpler version, once every few games probably is a good idea. A good few of us now have Mahama's signature so hopefully word will spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm happy to just follow for now, and just so you know, I did have you down as a baddie :)

Maybe you shouldn't play - too much of a threat ;):D
    quickbeam wrote: »

A WW1-esque game for the next game might not be such a bad thing. There is somewhat a danger of this forum becoming a bit cliquey, so opening it out to newbies with a simpler version, once every few games probably is a good idea. A good few of us now have Mahama's signature so hopefully word will spread.

I actually think this is a great idea. No point in making it too daunting for some.

It would also afford a great opportunity for others to get experience at modding a game.

I must copy mahamas sig.

Could we run just a simple game a-la WWI for new people? And then unleash the complexity for Christmas?

I would be happy to mod a vanilla game, just basic ww with a seer and 1 other role. I might see if I can drum up some more players too elsewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yeah but Tigger could be a problem in a simple game, it'd be over in an hour. :pac: The complexity was his kryptonite.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

A good few of us now have Mahama's signature so hopefully word will spread.

I have done what I can...

That is great, hopefully we will get some new BLOOD into the game ;)

Yeah but Tigger could be a problem in a simple game, it'd be over in an hour. :pac: The complexity was his kryptonite.

Can we gag him for at least an hour then to give the game a chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

+1 to this idea. The last game was incredibly complex.

(Am I the only one who reads WWI as World War I? - it's actually what caught my eye with the first game. I thought, what the hell is a World War I game?)

I would be happy to mod a vanilla game, just basic ww with a seer and 1 other role. I might see if I can drum up some more players too elsewhere!
    Vaniliger game.

Maybe have a priest too.

Vaniliger game.

Maybe have a priest too.

Sorry, I use the Vanilla name as over on a forum called two plus two they play werewolf and basic games are called Vanilla so they know they are basic rules.

I take it no one liked the different format that was used in WW2?

Sorry, I use the Vanilla name as over on a forum called two plus two they play werewolf and basic games are called Vanilla so they know they are basic rules.

I take it no one liked the different format that was used in WW2?

Oh I liked that! Do that!

Oh I liked that! Do that!

Was thinking of combining the voting schedule form with the other rules from WW2. I think it would work well.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    +1 to this idea. The last game was incredibly complex.

(Am I the only one who reads WWI as World War I? - it's actually what caught my eye with the first game. I thought, what the hell is a World War I game?)
    No I do too, I said that in another thread! :P I'm also up for a chill game, people have surely gotten a bit better at bluffing by now so it'll be interesting.

Advertisement