Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I listened to...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

True Crime Garage today - its fun to listen to, i like the casual manner in which its presented. The Captain can ramble a bit but i dont mind.

They cover cases i have never heard of.

My true crime podcast list is getting a bit stale though:
    Stranglers, Somebody Knows Something, Generation Why, Sword and Scale (if im really stuck), Unresolved Podcast and Casefile. Thinking Sideways is another i listen to if im stuck.

Any recommendations?

Ones i tried and didnt like : My Favourite Murder, Last Podcast On The Left

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Parchment wrote: »
    True Crime Garage today - its fun to listen to, i like the casual manner in which its presented. The Captain can ramble a bit but i dont mind.

Stranglers, Somebody Knows Something, Generation Why, Sword and Scale (if im really stuck), Unresolved Podcast and Casefile. Thinking Sideways is another i listen to if im stuck.

Any recommendations?

Judge and Jeremy
    Mysterious Circumstances
    In Sight
    Up And Vanished
    True Crime Brewery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Anyone else listen to True Crime Garage? I like the two lads presenting it, beer drinkin' and true crime great combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Any recommendations?

'In the Dark', 'Accused' and 'Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder' are all true crime podcasts that I liked.

'In the Dark', 'Accused' and 'Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder' are all true crime podcasts that I liked.

Thanks - i listened to In The Dark and Accused and loved both. I need to broaden my podcasts tastes.....its all true crime!

I have just added Untold now - thanks!!

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Anyone else listen to True Crime Garage? I like the two lads presenting it, beer drinkin' and true crime great combo.

I do - the guys are fun, i love to listen to it when i am out for a long walk as the episodes are so long. Lots of it is rambling but its really like two friends chatting over beers.

They have come so far from their first podcast. Sound is great and the do diverse cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I do - the guys are fun, i love to listen to it when i am out for a long walk as the episodes are so long. Lots of it is rambling but its really like two friends chatting over beers.

They have come so far from their first podcast. Sound is great and the do diverse cases.

Yep I really enjoy the show. Usually have it on in the gym or on the bike, great to get lost in the story and the lads have great chemistry. Must get into some of the other shows mentioned above. Love me some true crime!

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Yep I really enjoy the show. Usually have it on in the gym or on the bike, great to get lost in the story and the lads have great chemistry. Must get into some of the other shows mentioned above. Love me some true crime!

My picks would be Generation Why, Stranglers, Somebody Knows Something.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

pin\kings is a great listen...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Any recommendations for podcasts on spotify

• Advertisement

Sunday Paper Review podcast from Newstalk's Off the Ball show. Always a great listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I didn't get past the tennis bombardment at the start.

That's something advantageous about a podcast... you can fast forward through a section that you don't like...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

_feedback_ wrote: »
    With the ever worsening radio situation in Ireland, I'm looking for podcasts!

Listened to "Dubland" for the first time today. At the beginning I thought that the bad language was just unnecessary and annoying. By 10 mins in, I was really laughing properly. Had a couple of great laughs at the stories.

Will listen again

I really like Dubland. PJ Gallagher is hilarious. It's amazing how even the most basic of tasks seem to create some funny stories/situations with him!

listening to Podcasts now on spotify what apps would people on here recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

listening to Podcasts now on spotify what apps would people on here recommend

Overcast on iOS.

Itunes for me - on my iphone.

The new Casefile episode blew my mind. That is one amazing podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Podcast Addict is okay - subscribe to your podcasts, check latest episodes and add to playlist, works well for myself

Stranglers is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I just subscribed based on your post.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I just subscribed based on your post.

i hope you like it - i have to say its far and away the best true crime podcast out there. Production is wonderful, narrator has a great voice, stories are well researched and the episodes are so well written. Even if youre not a huge true crime fan its a brilliant podcast!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

i hope you like it - i have to say its far and away the best true crime podcast out there. Production is wonderful, narrator has a great voice, stories are well researched and the episodes are so well written. Even if youre not a huge true crime fan its a brilliant podcast!

They walk among us - a good uk based true crime pod....

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Thanks for all the recommendations folks!

I have started Tracks and thoroughly enjoying it. It's been a while since I had a podcast with a series of episodes I am dying to get to the next ones of. Next will be Casefile.

My favourite podcast I think of all is Tanis. I also love In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg, Love & Radio, 99% Invisible and You Must Remember This off the top of my head!

I also use Podcast Addict and happy out with it, works well for me

Thanks for all the recommendations folks!

I have started Tracks and thoroughly enjoying it. It's been a while since I had a podcast with a series of episodes I am dying to get to the next ones of. Next will be Casefile.

My favourite podcast I think of all is Tanis. I also love In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg, Love & Radio, 99% Invisible and You Must Remember This off the top of my head!

I also use Podcast Addict and happy out with it, works well for me

I listened to 3 or 4 episodes of Tanis but I just couldn't manage to get into it. I still couldn't figure out or grasp what it was all about really about :o

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Yep, you really do have to stick with it. Definitely recommend listening to it in bulk rather than weekly but my goodness does it produce the goods. Its science fiction, history, mythology and technology all rolled into one! I miss it so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Joe Rogan + Alex Jones + Eddie Bravo epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPCp8SPfOM

Advertisement