Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

fletch wrote: »
    I only emailed Ford earlier today about one! Do you reckon we will see any in the Republic?.....(

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

squod wrote: »

Ah. A big old cast-iron Endura-D.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭roadtripman

This one was at the RS show in Airside Ford a few weeks ago, love that colour

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/12513_597981556898407_1823732077_n.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Looks like great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Probably a great car, but if I had €26k to spend, then I can think of a lot more car for the money, on the used market.
    Ah here we go with the used car price comparisons. Unfortunately Ford can't make a used Fiesta, so they'll have to sell it new and let someone else sell a used one after some time has passed.

Looks excellent, and can't understand why it has taken them so long. Pity they missed doing it to the pre-facelift one, as I'm not a fan of the Aston mouth on the newer ones. Still, I'd put up with that gape to own one of those!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hell yes, overtaking the TDi brigade in a Fiesta, whats not to enjoy! :D

draffodx wrote: »
    Hell yes, overtaking the TDi brigade in a Fiesta, whats not to enjoy! :D

Frankly I wasn't aware that the "TDi Brigade" were considered the performance benchmark these days. Only in Ireland, eh?? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jimgoose wrote: »
    26,000 is bowel-evacuatingly expensive for that thing. And with a specific output of well over 100 brake per-litre via turbocharging, it'll be interesting to see what their longevity/reliability is like. Although something tells me the 998cc version will be huge here. I look forward to the Blue-Rinse Brigade howling around like young hoolies on Fireblades! :D

Of course, for any sporty car that comes out, the Irish are asking "Is there a diesel/tiny engine version available".
    So we can pootle around in three cylinder diesel cars with 7cc engines saying "this is the sport model, don't you know!"

Of course, for any sporty car that comes out, the Irish are asking "Is there a diesel/tiny engine version available".
    So we can pootle around in three cylinder diesel cars with 7cc engines saying "this is the sport model, don't you know!"

She wheelie, mista?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Frankly I wasn't aware that the "TDi Brigade" were considered the performance benchmark these days. Only in Ireland, eh?? ;)

Sadly the are.From my experience of owning a fhast car in Ireland people automatically assume it's a TDI and are genuinely shocked when they discover it's not.

The new fiesta ST reminds me of the Corsa OPC and that's a cool car.

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Sadly the are.From my experience of owning a fhast car in Ireland people automatically assume it's a TDI and are genuinely shocked when they discover it's not...

Hmm. Never happens to me, for some reason. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭hellyeah

why all the hate in the earlier posts??? With car manufactures churning out run of the mill hybrid/diesal cars all based on emissions and low tax, is it not great to see ford still producing performance cars???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

It actually seems likely to be keener value than it's biggest competitors - MINI Cooper S

Looks to be priced exactly at the Cooper S level. You can get a basic model for cheaper, but who buys a new car without aircon?

Looks to be priced exactly at the Cooper S level. You can get a basic model for cheaper, but who buys a new car without aircon?

Wash your mouth out! Aircon wayshtes fuel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

166man wrote: »
    I like it, but the sheer drivel that both Autoexpress and Autocar come out with is just laughable to be honest.

I had been getting Auto Express every week since June 1998 but stopped getting it in Dec last year as it was getting too tabloid like and I got to the stage I didn't enjoy reading it.

The ST looks like good fun but I hate the new grill/gaping mouth on the new Fiesta, too Aston Martin copying for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Looks like great fun, might have to convince the GF the get one in a few years (hopefully they'll get cheap on the used car market), 26k for a fiesta seems a little steep but then again, I've never so much as entertained the idea of buying a new car before so I guess they all seem pretty expensive new.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My point was more to do with the TDi brigade thinking they are the performance bench mark in Ireland rather than them actually being it and thus being annoyed by a little Fiesta being faster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

26k eu? that sounds quite... okay!

I honestly love it! Its a shame i am a bum and I wount be able to afford it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

The 1.0 Ecoboost (the proper one, with the turbocharger, albeit 100 PS only) is available in Ireland now for the Fiesta. It was tested on CompleteCar.ie recently.

It's a pity that in backward old Ireland, that most basic of features, air conditioning is not standard on our Fiesta STs. Indeed, the Paddy spec ST2 is only marginally better than the UK spec regular ST equipment wise.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The 1.0 Ecoboost (the proper one, with the turbocharger, albeit 100 PS only) is available in Ireland now for the Fiesta. It was tested on CompleteCar.ie recently.

It's a pity that in backward old Ireland, that most basic of features, air conditioning is not standard on our Fiesta STs. Indeed, the Paddy spec ST2 is only marginally better than the UK spec regular ST equipment wise.

VRT and VAT on VRT are to blame there. The base cost before taxes are similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

So for 26k, you could have a mid range Focus or Golf, or a Fiesta ST. I reckon it's not that expensive.

You never know, I had half a notion of changing my car, and I can either have a new blandmobile mid range Octavia or a new Fiesta ST. The ST is starting to get bloody tempting......

Edit - Yes I know I drive a (very) bland Almera but there is a petrolhead in me somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

VRT and VAT on VRT are to blame there. The base cost before taxes are similar.

I appreciate that, but I would still expect that when I'm paying €26k for what is after all a Fiesta (albeit a very quick one), that I would get a/c, and really it should have proper climate control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Whoa - this is seriously cool! It simply is - 180BHP in a fiesta. 0-60 in 6.9 seconds.

For €26K you can keep your chipped TDI - gimme, gimme...

As for A/C - meah - :)

I'm delighted to see Ford do this - all current small cars are just gone boringly practical. We need a bit of spark in the car industry and with the output and emmissions at the right level they are showing real innovation here.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A5/A5-S-LIN/34713668129597420/advert?channel=CARS i think the road tax on this would be the same as the fiesta at 280e. reckon you would get ac to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

gowley wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A5/A5-S-LIN/34713668129597420/advert?channel=CARS i think the road tax on this would be the same as the fiesta at 280e. reckon you would get ac to

Sorry, can you send me the link for a new A5 with 5 year manufacturer's warranty for €26K??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Yeah because a 3 year old 2L Diesel Audi coupe is in the same bracket a brand new hot hatch/minihatch...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

You can keep that ugly, high mileage ready to break sh!t heap with a badge like it's about to do something meaningful! I'll take the Fiesta, and see you at the finish-line! (Or a few miles back when I have to go back to pick what ever broke off your Audi and you up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

dar83 wrote: »
    Yeah because a 3 year old 2L Diesel Audi coupe is in the same bracket a brand new hot hatch/minihatch...
    i thought it was much bigger!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Photoshop

Compared to it's rivals it's a little bit expensive at 26k.

Fabia RS which also has 180bhp is 24k.

Opel Astra GTC 180bhp 24k

Renault Clio RS 24K

Corsa OPC 23k.

Citreon DS3 23K

I don't see the big deal.

Even VW are competing for price.

VW Polo GTI 180bhp 26k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Photoshop wrote: »
    Compared to it's rivals it's a little bit expensive at 26k.

Fabia RS which also has 180bhp is 24k.

Opel Astra GTC 180bhp 24k

Renault Clio RS 24K

Corsa OPC 23k.

Citreon DS3 23K

I don't see the big deal.

Even VW are competing for price.

VW Polo GTI 180bhp 26k.

Yeah, but 26k buys you a small Ford hatchback spirit!

Advertisement