Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,720 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

hope this is the right pace guys, sorry if its not.

whats the best route to get from laois to the sugar club
    ie park and ride luas
    or drive straight in and park?

which is the least hassle? and is there easy parking??

thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Folks

where's the smoking area in the O2 please?

Do you just wander outside or is there a dedicated area?

(believe it or not, I've been there but cant remember!)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

Any idea how u can get tickets for these shows ??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here had ever managed to get access to the balcony at the Academy on Abbey Street in Dublin? I've never seen tickets for that on sale for any show. Every time I go though, there's lots of people on the balcony, while with the general ticket the access is denied. Is this a guestlist only thing? Please help.

thanks

sabrewulf

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Thanks for this Mr. S! Very helpful. Will try to get there early for the next show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

If there was a musical performance one night at The Olympia, and one was viewing the proceedings from the balcony but they needed to rendezvous for a moment with an acquaintance downstairs, would it be hard to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

yes, seperate entrances...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Epicness wrote: »
    If there was a musical performance one night at The Olympia, and one was viewing the proceedings from the balcony but they needed to rendezvous for a moment with an acquaintance downstairs, would it be hard to do so?

Not at all, you could meet up in the smoking area. However if one then wanted to join his friends on the ground floor then the lads on the door checking tickets/stamps would make it difficult and although i'm sure your intentions are innocent they could remove you from the venue altogether.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Not at all, you could meet up in the smoking area. However if one then wanted to join his friends on the ground floor then the lads on the door checking tickets/stamps would make it difficult and although i'm sure your intentions are innocent they could remove you from the venue altogether.

Yes I think the person in question would want to rejoin his/her friends. But if it was stamping Im sure it would be ok with some creative thinking..
    Has this being attempted before? It was ok for said person in the o2 arena.

Epicness wrote: »
    Yes I think the person in question would want to rejoin his/her friends. But if it was stamping Im sure it would be ok with some creative thinking..
    Has this being attempted before? It was ok for said person in the o2 arena.

If you're seated you have to go in the side door by the smoking area. there are 3 doors each with a lad on them, you go to your entrance to get your ticket scanned (no sneaking there). the 2 balcony's have separate staircases(no sneaking there). If you come out they stamp your hand and the stamps are different colours so i doubt you can get away with it. I'm sure there are ways but it's designed to be as difficult as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Always wondered...how the hell do you get tickets for the balcony booths? Is it a case of who you know? Never see the option on ticketbastard.

niallo24 wrote: »
    Always wondered...how the hell do you get tickets for the balcony booths? Is it a case of who you know? Never see the option on ticketbastard.

There's definitely an option.. maybe your browser aint showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 frankyman

Hi,

Taking my 10yr old daughter to 02 next year and was looking for some help.

Have a choice between the flat seating (row n) and tiered (b - but toward the back).....what would be better for her ?

Ta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

just a quick question guys, ive tickets for peter kay at the o2 next may, im seasted in block B row 24, any know if these are good seats? reckon their will be a good view from here? also it looks like the seating plan on ticketmasters site seperates block B into two different tiered seating, is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

How do you find out your code if you're with 02? Do you just register with them or do you have to ring them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do you need a credit card to buy these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

hayser wrote: »
    How do you find out your code if you're with 02? Do you just register with them or do you have to ring them up?

You've to register for priority ticketing at http://blueroom.o2online.ie/ :) Then they'll send you out a text everytime a concert is on requesting you to text back to get the specific code. :)
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you need a credit card to buy these?

Nope. You can use credit/laser/3v/any card accepted in most shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Thanks Noel. I found out from one of the websites and an ad on TV that you have to text o2 to 51020 in order to receive ticket offers. Does anyone know if this is definitely the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can you buy O2 priority tickets at a ticketmaster booth/outlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭PB1982

Just wondering if anybody has sat in the upper circle, unreserved seating, in the olympia. If so, what is it like? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

PB1982 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has sat in the upper circle, unreserved seating, in the olympia. If so, what is it like? Thanks in advance.

It's not terrible but obviously not as good as floor/circle. Just make sure your one of the first there and try and get 1st/2nd row aisle seats and ya should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Hey this is probably a terribly stupid question but I'm heading to the o2 for the first time next Monday for Arcade Fire (Yay!!) and because ticketmaster decided to not post my tickets I've to pick them up on the night! Can anyone tell me where the box office is in the o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its at the very front and there'll be people guiding the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Graceland

I wanted to know about this myself. Do you collect your ticket before you queue up for the different entrances. In other words is it a separate part of the building.
    Also can you collect your ticket a half hour before a concert, or would you have to have it collected well before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I've collected tickets there before and you need to collect them at the entrance that's facing the river. There are plenty of security people around so if you can't find it, just ask them and they'll direct you where to go. Once you collect the tickets, you can go straight in at that entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Graceland

Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Not sure if this it the right thread, or if someone can point me in the right place, but does anyone know the name of the support act for the skatalites last night? Thought they were really good and want to get some of there stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

I know the O2 doesn't have any lockers or coat checks but since I'm travelling down to a concert and staying overnight I will have to bring a sizeable bag with me. Unfortunatly I'll be going straight to the O2 off the bus and won't have time to drop my bag anywhere.

Will the O2 have a problem with me bringing a rucksack into the gig? And will my bag be safe? (I have seated tickets) :confused:

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

FredBaby! wrote: »
    I know the O2 doesn't have any lockers or coat checks but since I'm travelling down to a concert and staying overnight I will have to bring a sizeable bag with me. Unfortunatly I'll be going straight to the O2 off the bus and won't have time to drop my bag anywhere.

Will the O2 have a problem with me bringing a rucksack into the gig? And will my bag be safe? (I have seated tickets) :confused:

Thanks in advance!

They'll have no problems with it.
    They will likely check your bag though, for stuff like bottles, cans, weapons etc.

Should be safe, especially as you're in seating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

How strict are the Sugar Club on ID? Really want to go to something there with a friend but we'll both still be 17 when it's on. Unfortunately, we both also look a bit younger. I could possibly pass for 18, but she's had trouble getting into 16s films before when she was almost 17. So I don't know whether we should risk it or not.

Advertisement