Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

France we're the 2nd best we could've hoped for I think. Will be close enough, hopefully can snatch one. Or, as my mate said, he hopes the French-being French-will surrender immediately:D

Also, Jermaine Beckford, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

This thread deserves a 2010 bump.

Peter Stringer should be back on the first team IMO. ****ing ledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So how about those Red Sox...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

So how about Limerick hurling...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Only 159 days 22 hours and 51 minutes until the world cup.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So how about Limerick hurling...
    Its going nowhere :)
    When yee have both a manager and a 30-33 player panel you will be doing well. Yee'll just manage to stay in league division 1 you'll lose to Tipperary n the munster semi, then beat whoever in the qualifiers and then it depends on your draw :D
    Thats your season in a nutshell, unless theres a strike :P

Waterford on the other hand.. We're going far this year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Heading over to United - Leeds on Sunday :) Should be fun.

Altogether now! "We all hate Leeds Scum, We all hate Leeds Scum...."

*awaits Mushy* :p

Please let Beckford play the game of his life, please let Beckford play the game of his life... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

jumpguy wrote: »
    This thread deserves a 2010 bump.

Peter Stringer should be back on the first team IMO. ****ing ledge.

Well I hope he starts when Munster play Leinster.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Its going nowhere :)
    When yee have both a manager and a 30-33 player panel you will be doing well. Yee'll just manage to stay in league division 1 you'll lose to Tipperary n the munster semi, then beat whoever in the qualifiers and then it depends on your draw :D
    Thats your season in a nutshell, unless theres a strike :P

Waterford on the other hand.. We're going far this year :pac:

ha, far from winning!
    Lose to Clares new young team of u21s, hit the qualifiers where we'll meet you and beat you :)
    Oh and do you even want me to sum up your football team because I will if ya want? :pac:

edit: and yes, we will prob be in the qualifiers :( that, i agree with.

• Advertisement

ha, far from winning!
    Lose to Clares new young team of u21s, hit the qualifiers where we'll meet you and beat you :)
    Oh and do you even want me to sum up your football team because I will if ya want? :pac:
    Now in fairness (this is really bad but) I figures out our minor, under 21, intermediate and senior tems all lost our to the eventual winners :) That is nothing to be ashamed of!
    And we could/should have beaten the clare under 21's... In the first 15mins there was goal chances that should have been taken and Shanahan was on injections (for an injury lol) so we wernt at our best.

However I garuntee you our senior team will be in the Munster final this year again :) Ill even go as far to say they'll be in the AI semis.

Oh football who honestly follows that properly! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Stop talking about the bloody Championship! It doesn't start for another 5/6 months for God sake!

:pac:

Why oh why could this not be the C&H Sports (except football and hurling) thread??

I joke but not really

Stop talking about the bloody Championship! It doesn't start for another 5/6 months for God sake!

In less than 6 weeks(I think) its the league :D
    Now the league is terrible in comparison to the championship I know but its good to see it again :)

Namlub wrote: »
    Why oh why could this not be the C&H Sports (except football and hurling) thread??

I joke but not really

But football and hurling are awesome sports.

I don't get why people don't like them.

Ok then.

So Deise, you gonna be heading to any league games soon? :)
    It does start in february after all :D
    Who do you think will get relegated?
    I'll be honest, not looking good for us if we stay the way we are. Although I haven't heard much about the county situation lately although McCarthy has stayed on due to a majority verdict in keeping him on during a county board meeting.

Maybe Offaly though. *prays*

Jako8 wrote: »
    But football and hurling are awesome sports.

I don't get why people don't like them.
    Meh, I can just never get into them really. *insert west brit/foreign games comment here* :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

i can't believe i didn't notice this thread before now...i love it!
    peter stringer is a legend..but i don't think he's good enough anymore..sorry
    so what about sligo this year?
    *crosses fingers*

Ok then.

I'll be honest, not looking good for us if we stay the way we are. Although I haven't heard much about the county situation lately although McCarthy has stayed on due to a majority verdict in keeping him on during a county board meeting.

I have to say I'd be worried for yee if you dont get your act together with McCarthy.. But I think Offaly will really struggle too, so I'd say Offaly will go back down.

And yeh but he only stayed on by around 18 votes I think? Thats not great.. Tbh I think if they cant get the backing of players yee're in a right muck of things coz it will end up you playing with mainly intermediate/underage or Justin will have to walk. I'd feel bad if he had to leave another county again, I really think he could have brought Limerick up!!

i can't believe i didn't notice this thread before now...i love it!
    peter stringer is a legend..but i don't think he's good enough anymore..sorry
    so what about sligo this year?

*crosses fingers*

ye were screwed over by kerry last year.
    Imagine if ye beat them. Feckin' kerry goalie saving that penalty at the end was sickening.
    Connacht title, maybe? :)
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a munster football title this year.
    Last year against cork in the munster final = one of the worst days ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Ok then.

Well it won't be Dublin. We're going places. We'll show Limerick how not to waste a generation of of underage talent.

ye were screwed over by kerry last year.
    Imagine if ye beat them. Feckin' kerry goalie saving that penalty at the end was sickening.
    Connacht title, maybe? :)
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a munster football title this year.
    Last year against cork in the munster final = one of the worst days ever!

o god i'm still not over the kerry game.
    it would have been the best sporting moment of my life if we won!
    i felt so sorry for david kelly :(
    eh we will have to beat both galway and mayo if we just want to get into the final..but il still have hope!
    i wish limerick won that day aswell..im a sucker for an underdog! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Yeah let's talk about a 47 year old Evander Holyfield going toe to toe with a 41 Francois Botha in front of 70,000 Ugandans on January 16th.

eh we will have to beat both galway and mayo if we just want to get into the final..but il still have hope!
    Awww thats a horrible draw!! Its like poor Limerick in hurling. They have to play the winners of Cork/Tipp to get into the final not a chance! :pac:

We've gotten soft draws the last fews years I must say. Clare for this year, last year Limerick, the year before Clare and the winner played Limerick.. But we dont need to speak of '08's Munster game Lol :P

Well it won't be Dublin. We're going places. We'll show Limerick how not to waste a generation of of underage talent.

ooohhh, dude, is someone still abit bitter over last years quarter final? ;)
    meh, yea, great u21 success and then we fluffed it. WTF?!

yea, totally sickened. ah don't give up hope though :)
    Even though limerick got a trashing (:() by tipp in the hhurling last year, I'm still optimistic!
    What division are sligo in the league? Div 2? Div 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jako8 wrote: »
    Please let Beckford play the game of his life, please let Beckford play the game of his life... :pand score a hatrick
    FYP!:)

Awww thats a horrible draw!! Its like poor Limerick in hurling. They have to play the winners of Cork/Tipp to get into the final not a chance! :pac:

We've gotten soft draws the last fews years I must say. Clare for this year, last year Limerick, the year before Clare and the winner played Limerick.. But we dont need to speak of '08's Munster game Lol :P

jese that is a bad draw for limerick..tipperary are going to be very hard bet (or cork if they manage to beat tipp then they should go far!)

wasn't 08 the year waterford got into the all-ireland final?that was a good year!(well apart from the actual final match)

I lol'ed so damn hard at this! :pac:

wrote: »
    yea, totally sickened. ah don't give up hope though :)
    Even though limerick got a trashing (:() by tipp in the hhurling last year, I'm still optimistic!
    What division are sligo in the league? Div 2? Div 3?

*cough* three *cough*

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    FYP!:)

Well i was trying to imply that he'd score.

Yes a hat-trick would be nice :p

Advertisement