Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

I have a 15.2hh chestnut mare 12yrs tb x cob.she is very quiet to ride and easy in all ways.looking for someone to share costs / riding.. she is stabled in Maynooth.PM me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chindato

Hello Folks,
    I'm a newbie on here, so hope I'm posting this right.
    I have a couple of nice eight year old homebreds standing in a field doing very little. One is 17h, and is a big lazy lump, the other is about 16.2 and very sensitive, with a big jump.

If anyone's interested in working one of them, I'd be glad of the company. I have a sand arena, also a double box which means I can offer trips to the nearby forest, and to local competitions.

These horses are not beginners' horses - they're the Ferraris of the equestrian world, bred to compete, not to plod. So you'll need to be a good standard of rider, and know about things like engagement, balance and 'on the bit'

TIA
    Chindato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Altyalt

Hi Alliewags,
    You have probably found someone already, but if you haven’t or if you know someone else that’s looking to share their horse I’m very interested. I've been riding for over 16 years in total and I use to have my own horse. If possible I'd like to ride 2 times a week and have one of the rides as a lesson either from the owner or from the livery yard, again if possible. I haven't had lessons in a few years but I’m able for most horses and quick to learn. I would love to own my own horse again but with work commitments and two kids I know how little time is left for anything else, so therefore sharing a horse with someone in a similar situation would be the perfect thing. I’m 35 years of age and I live in Citywest, Saggart so any stable around the south or west side of Dublin would be perfect, but as I’m a driver further away would also be an option. This is my first response to a thread as I’m a new member so I don’t know if I’m allowed to leave my number or not?

Thanks
    Tanja

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Altyalt wrote: »
    . This is my first response to a thread as I’m a new member so I don’t know if I’m allowed to leave my number or not?

Personal details, such as phone numbers, email addresses, etc. shouldn't be put in posts (they'll only be deleted by the mods!)

If you want to pass on your contact details you can send a PM to the OP.

PS - welcome to the forum! :)

convert wrote: »
    Personal details, such as phone numbers, email addresses, etc. shouldn't be put in posts (they'll only be deleted by the mods!)

If you want to pass on your contact details you can send a PM to the OP.

PS - welcome to the forum! :)
    Thanks for letting me know:)

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I’m also looking for someone wanting to share their horse. I've been riding for over 16 years and I use to have my own horse. If possible I'd like to ride 2 times a week and have one of the rides as a lesson either from the owner or from the livery yard, again; only if possible.

I haven't been riding for a few years but I’m able for most horses and quick to learn. I would love to have my own horse again but with work commitments and two kids there’s little time left for anything else, so therefore sharing a horse with someone in a similar situation would be the perfect thing.

I'm 35 years of age and I live in Citywest, Saggart so any stable around the south or west side of Dublin would be perfect, but as I’m a driver further away could also be an option.

Thanks
    Tanja

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bogshepherd

hi! im looking for someone interested in a horse share in the north-east (monaghan/cavan preferably)... ive been riding for 8 months, can jump 1.10 and have ridden a lot of different horses in the time ive been training. the horse im working with at the moment is a grade A showjumping warmblood so im fit enough for advanced horses. im looking for something safe and experienced to bring me on that i can ride a few times a week. willing to travel. please feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 westwitch

Hi all - new here so hope someone out there can help. I have a lovely 5 year old cob gelding he is very safe although a little green - he is coloured and about 15 hands - up to carrying a smallish adult ( I am 5'6" and 11 stone - he has no problms with me) As I am now rather old and have athritis and not able to ride very often would love someone to come and take him out hacking whenever it suited them? Just so wasted at the moment - I am in the Granard area of County Longford. Would prefer a competent rider though as he is still learning - would be happy to have you do more with him as he progresses - he has hunted a couple of times and does have a reasonable jump in him. Please lt me know if you would like to come an se him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alliewags

hey, <snip> if you are still looking for livery share i am in stepaside, cheers

if you are interested, PM alliewags

Mod edit: Please avoid putting contact details in posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Hi I have a gorgeous 15.2 chestnut anglo arab gelding and we're moving to Balcultry stables near the airport at the end of the month.

I have someone to share but may need someone else as I've lost my job and don't want to take on any old one so i'll have to wait a couple of months for another.

My horse was broken for polo, he's a very forward and sensitive ride. He's 7 and absolutely adores being cuddled and fussed over. He's done quite a bit of hunter trialling and loves to jump.

I would need someone pretty experienced as I want to bring on his flatwork and jumping. They must have soft hands as he's quite sensitive.

PM me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 axel&taz

hi all, i'm just getting back into riding after bout 5 years. have been takin a few lessons and very keen on haviing a bit of extra time with a horse before i eventually buy one. i've owned several horses in the past few years so have a good bit of experiance. if anyone is interested or knows someone who does please let me know <snip>

cheers

Mod edit: no personal details in posts, please. If you can help the OP, please send a PM. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 axel&taz

Hey all,
    just thought i'd update my post as i don't think i put enough info in first time.
    living in the blessington area of wicklow and looking for a horse to take on loan or share with someone. I have quite a bit of experiance with horses and have owned a several in the past few years and am currently taking lessons in coolmine stables, saggart. I have my own transport so can travel. i am working but have evenings and weekends free and would love to fill that time exercising and generally looking after a horse, i would be willing to chip in on livery costs etc...
    please PM me with any info, many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 littlemissLorna

I am looking to share costs and effort with someone too. i am looking for about 15" happy hacker!! i am willing to put in lots of time. i have been riding for about 10 years but haven't been in a few months as i have just moved to dublin.

someone...help me on the right path! all i want is a easy, happy hacker!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,220 ✭✭✭✭fits

Anyone in South Carlow area who wishes to ride out the odd time, please pm me.

edit: welcome to ride out up to three times a week on an experienced 14.2 cob who's a confident forward going hack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Opal

looking for some to share as my current sharer has purchased a horse and so at the end of june i need a new sharer. my guy is 16.1HH, bombproof gelding. 10 years old. Has competed upto 1.10m SJI and up to AI RC, pretty much novice ride and very honest horse, lives for jumping and has good paces dressage. Would like someone who has transport to get to yard, competent jumping 90-1m atleast and to share in costs. Either to stay where currently stabled close to naas but a possible relocation to south dublin area if sharer available there, would prefer south dublin as it would be closer for me. Sharing to start July 2009 or sept 2009 at the end of my current grass livery.

Pm me if seriously interested

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sligome

Im looking for a horse to share in sligo, im an experienced rider, about 5ft 8 and 10 stone, done some show jumping, treking, dressage but would love to just hack out. pm me if you need a hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gemh89

Hi,

I'm 19 year old female, living just outside Oxford.
    I started riding early this year, and I am in the process of buying my first pony - a 14hh male. He is 10 years old and his previous owners have been novice riders too, so an ideal starting block.
    I'm looking for him to move to DIY Livery stables (possibly Worton Park, Cassington) in approx. 6 weeks time and I am looking for somebody in a similar situation to share responsibility, costs and fun!
    If you think this could work for you, please don't hesitate to contact me :-)

Gemma x
    <snip>
    Mod edit: No personal details in posts, please.

If you can help Gemma please send a PM. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rs27

Hello,
    I am a Phd Student at Trinity looking for a horse to ride/ help out with. I have plenty of riding and horse care experience and if your horse is a bit on the fat side I would be happy to help get him into condition again.

I am based in Dublin and would need public transport access.
    I look forward to hearing from you <snip>

Rebecca

Mod edit: No personal details in posts, please. If you can help Rebecca please send a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Hi,

I am an experienced rider living in Northern Ireland. I was hoping that someone out there would like me to help out and ride at least once or twice a week. I work full time so it would have to be in the evenings.

I'll send on more details if anyone is interested, PM me :)

*Ems*

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

5 year old TB gelding! Experienced rider wanted to hack out this horse during the week. No expense for you.

PM me if interested. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gemh89

gemh89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm 19 year old female, living just outside Oxford.
    I started riding early this year, and I am in the process of buying my first pony - a 14hh male. He is 10 years old and his previous owners have been novice riders too, so an ideal starting block.
    I'm looking for him to move to DIY Livery stables (possibly Worton Park, Cassington) in approx. 6 weeks time and I am looking for somebody in a similar situation to share responsibility, costs and fun!
    If you think this could work for you, please don't hesitate to contact me :-)

Gemma x
    <snip>
    Mod edit: No personal details in posts, please.

If you can help Gemma please send a PM. Thanks.

Unfortunately things didn't work out with Jack, having had him vetted, he was not the pony for me.

If anybody knows of any novice rides for sale/loan/share in Oxfordshire, please PM me :) Also, if anybody in Oxford just needs a bit of help with their horse, mucking out or anything, I am willing to help to gain experience.
    Thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sarahamics

Hi my name is sarah and im an experienced rider living in stoneybatter, was wondering if you got anybody to share your friends horse yet?I would be really delighted to do it if it turned out to be suitable.
    thanks Sarah
    Borderfox wrote: »
    A friend has a bay Mare for half lease, shes around 12. Wouldnt be a novice ride but has great movement and is very people friendly. I turn her out with my Horse a lot so have handled her nearly every day. She is stabled in the North County Dublin area, the centre has two large outdoors and a large indoor.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/3152550160_fa348b2082.jpg
    3152550160_fa348b2082.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sarahamics

Hi I am new to boards.ie so i hope i am posting this properly,I was wondering if you found somebody to share your horse,it sounds lovely.I am an experienced rider living near a busroute that could take me out to ballycultry.I would love to help you out with him.I used to keep my own horses and worked in racing yards for years but since i am in college in the city i really miss it desperately.would love to hear from you.thanks Sarah

Hi Sarahamics,

It would be best to send a private message to Borderfox as he will probably see your comment faster then just posting it here.

Click here to open a new PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 schtajjn

Hi,

I am a 27 year old female who is looking for someone in the Portlaoise area who might need help with exercising and caring for their horse (16.2+ hands) a few days/ week.

I have been riding since the age of five, but sold my horse before going to college, and have only been riding sporadically since. As I am currently a postgraduate student I do not have the money to buy and keep my own horse, but would love to get back in the saddle. I have my own transport and can travel within reasonable distance from Portlaoise.

Stina

Anyone in the south Wexford region fancy riding out a TB gelding during the week? PM me for details. No expense for you just the joy of a hack out.

Hey,

I am thinking of moving my horse to livery near south Dublin and I am looking for someone who may be interested in sharing my horse. An experienced rider is required for a 5 yr old TB gelding.17.h.

PM me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Koda

Hi, I am looking to do a horse share with someone in the Dublin South area. I owned my own horses for years, and have done dressage, showjumping, showing and x country. I'm looking for an all round sort of horse (dressage and jumping) with a sweet nature. So if you have a horse that matches that description and you want a bit of help with your horsey bills, PM me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 celtic_muffin

Hey everyone!
    I am a 23 year old German girl living in Killarney and bored out of my mind at the moment. THat is why I decided to get back into horse riding here and I would love to do a horse share. Somebody who is looking for a riding out partner would be great as well :).

I have over 12 years of experience in horse- riding, mainly in dressage (I even did some kind of exam in it but it's nothign special, it just sounds good :P ) and a bit in jumping and used to teach children at home in Germany. I am mature and reliable and lookign forward for something to do during the day as I work nights.

Hope to hear from you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Hi there, I'm a 21 year girl in the West Cork area looking for ride out/hack experience for a few times in August. I have 14 years experience in a few disciplines and am a calm, careful rider with a soft hand. I am about 5'5 and 8 stone, am open to any kind of hack or gentle work as I haven't been riding in a few months. I will be going abroad again until Christmas in early September so it really is a limited amount of time I need. I don't really want to get stuck back into serious riding for the space of a few weeks. PM me for details. Thanks

Advertisement