Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old Irish Banknotes - Ploughmans and Lady Lavery

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonnyr69er

HI I have some series A notes 20,10,5,1,10 shilling set dose any one know what it might be worth. I have some series be notes too 20,5,1 but I dont think they would be worth much. Can anyonetell me where or how I could get them valued
    Thanks Jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Birdman

Hi I have a friend who can value them for you if you want to send him images ! You can pm me if you are interested and I'll give you his email address . He's a good sort and will give you a true valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

I have a lady lavery £50, £20 and a £5 note. Are they worth more than face value or will I just put them into central bank?
    The £50 is in ok condition date 4.4.77 but someone wrote £450 on the front.
    The £5 is in ok condition date 27.2.70
    The £20 is very frail pink note in bad condition 6.1.75 and written on at front

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

comment wrote: »
    I have a lady lavery £50, £20 and a £5 note. Are they worth more than face value or will I just put them into central bank?
    The £50 is in ok condition date 4.4.77 but someone wrote £450 on the front.
    The £5 is in ok condition date 27.2.70
    The £20 is very frail pink note in bad condition 6.1.75 and written on at front

They are worth what someone is prepared to pay. From some of the feedback on Adverts for example, there is some demand but you need to be lucky.

Did I see Adverts giving free ads recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TC91TC

hi i am new to this forum but i have various notes (ploughman and lady lavery). I have a ploughman national bank £5 note and a ploughman munster and leinster £5 pound note with no tear/rips or stains. I also have a ploughman national bank £10 note in good condition. I have lady lavery notes also, 6 £5 notes, two £1 notes, two £10 pound notes and a £20 note. £1 notes are immaculate condition along with the £20 note. Few stains on the £5 notes and the £10 notes are in good condition. Just wondering if someone could tell me the values of these notes. regards.

Hi would you consider selling the 10 pound ploughman?

• Advertisement
Advertisement