Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons / Teachers [Post here only]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 monical

Availability(weekends/eves etc): PM me
    Cost (if applicable): reasonable
    Qualifications: Playing bodhran for over 10 yrs...have won county and provincial fleadhs...competed at all-ireland
    Any other useful details: Contact me for more information

Hi I am looking for a bodran teacher in Limerick for this summer 3rd week and 3rd of july. Still teachin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 concertina4

Experienced musician and teacher in Concertina, Flute and Tin-whistle in the North Dublin area. 20 euro for 40 minutes. All levels and age groups catered for. Preparation for competitions and exams given. Individual lessons given. Contact for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lightroom

I am based in Ashtown(Dublin North) and taking students from beginner all the way to advanced levels.

My teaching concept is to encourage students to create beautiful, personal and individual music that is based on students' understanding of music. I place huge emphasis on practicing finger skills for those who want to pursue piano career further.

The lessons can focus on any grade achievements(Associated Board or Royal Irish Academy).

I am also available for teaching music theory lessons, accompanying soloists and choirs, as well as playing for Weddings and other events.(rehearsals, exams and recitals).

My qualification:
    I have over 10 years piano teaching experience and obtained degrees in both Piano Performance and Music Compositions.

Please PM or contact fyanfan@gmail.com:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Premierflute

Experienced Musican Offering lesson for Beginners and Intermediate
    Im living in South Tipperary near Clonmel
    Weekends only
    email mperigoe@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ciaradursey

Hey guys

I will be teaching bodhran again over the summer. I have been playing for over 10 years and have competed in competitions at every level. I teach in my own house in Limerick City.I also teach in another location, only 10 minutes from Charleville (North Cork). Its 10 euro for half an hour and 15 euro for 45 minutes. Ill teach you how to play jigs, reels, hornpipes etc. as well as, show you different bodhran styles. Im not a strict teacher and its all very relaxed!!

Let me know if youre interested and i can send you my phone number.

Regards,
    Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnryan88

I am currently teaching guitar and bass in the University of Limerick area of Castletroy Limerick. Five years experience and I cater to all styles and levels.

30 min Lesson: 10 euro
    45 min Lesson: 15 Euro

See link below as an indicator of the level I may teach to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVQSbwmK0rE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 The Dunner

Hi i am based in Enfield,Co.Meath and looking for Guitar lessons in my area,or Mullingar.Any replies welcome.

Complete beginner!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

hi

i am looking for tin whistle lessons in mullingar. Anyone out there available?

allen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bicki

Hi - would you be near the Enniskerry area in Wicklow? I would be looking for fiddle lessons if poss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vgunning

annnbj wrote: »
    Looking for violin lessons as I am a total beginner somewhere in the Limerick area, ideally saturdays or in the evenings, looking for a very patient teacher who is willing to teach in the teacher's own home or suitable venue.

Hello, are you still looking for violin lessons?

I am a private violin and piano teacher based in Limerick city centre. I teach weekday afternoons and evenings.

Here is my information, please feel free to contact me:

Violin & Piano Lessons
    2782186871_6b7e3f86ae.jpg

Enrol now for September 2010

Trial lessons available beforehand

Classes for children and adults of all ages, levels, and ability

Experienced, Qualified, Friendly Teacher

Aim for exams or learn just for fun!!

Also available:

• Keyboard
    • Music Theory
    • Introduction to Music (available for all ages)
    • Grinds for J.C. & L.C. Music
    • Small group classes
    Limerick City Centre location, parking available.
    Please contact 086 866 6891 or valeriegunning@gmail.com for further information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

Piano and guitar lessons offered for all levels and all styles by experienced tutor in the greater Limerick area. Lessons in students' home on own instrument.

40 mins for €25
    60 mins for €35

Bundle discounts available on request.

Contact me here or visit www.improv.ie for more contact options.

Martin Legge

• Registered Users Posts: 11 guinness1

I took some guitar lessons about 4 years ago from a guy called Terry Mahon in Swords area but cant seen to get a number or locate him. I have been living in Australia since then

Would anyone have heard of him? please PM me if so.

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Michael1987

Hi there,
    I'm going to do a Masters in Music Technology in UL starting in September so I've had to sell my possession and start using my talents for money! Your opportunity to get a very good guitar teacher at a very reasonable rate. I will be living near UL. Contact me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Michael1987

Should have mentioned I am also offering classical flute lessons.

I have Grade 8(all grades) honours in RIAM exams and play at weddings etc also.

I can offer you lessons in Castletroy area near UL.

Enquiries welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭KeithMaster

HI GUINNESS 1
    I KNOW TERRY, HAVENT SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE BUT RECKON I COULD GET A NUMBER FOR YOU, I USED TO GET LESSONS FROM HIM. I THINK HE HAS MOVED OUT OF THE SWORDS AREA BUT STILL COMES BACK TO GIVE LESSONS. LEAVE IT WITH ME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eachna

irish Harp lesson available in Dublin.I give private lessons, for beginner, or advanced level.( 1 hour: 20 euros).I play concert harp and irish harp for 15 years.I have a gold medal in concert harp, a perfectionment price in irish harp an I finished third in Jakez François internationnal celtic harp competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eachna

Last year I had my "diploma of associate performer" at the royal accademy of music.If you're interested , please contact me on my mail adress: eachna@hotmail.fr
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I've been playing the guitar casually for many years and I'm proficient at tab and chords.

I'd love to get some lessons in irish trad, I had signed up for the Waltons course but Tuesday nights didn't suit me.

Anyone good trad guitar teachers out there in the South Dublin City area?

I love most types of trad, main influences being:
    Luke Kelly/Dubliners
    Paul Brady
    Christy Moore/Planxty
    Clancy Brothers

Would also consider banjo lessons but would be a complete beginner.

PM me if you could do a job here! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 okonomiyaki

Hi, Im looking for a flute teacher, preferably classically trained to a high level, in Dublin city or North dublin, even east Meath area. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MickyBaker

Guitar/bouzouki lessons in Dublin

Hi Everyone,

Michael Mc Cague here again.

I just want to let anyone who is interested know that my lessons have now started up again after the summer break.

I started teaching in dublin last year and hoping to build on that again.

Here is a list of some of the musicians i have performed with to give an idea of experience of playing -

John Mc Sherry (Lunasa, Coolfin, At First Light)
    John Carty (musician of yr 2003, At the Racket)
    At First Light (guitar and bouzouki)
    At The Racket
    Michael Mc Goldrick
    Enda Scahill
    Tommy Peoples
    Frankie Gavin
    Teada
    Dermot Byrne / Brid Harper
    Mulcahy family

I have given numerous workshops in the past.

I teach an extensive range of styles and tunings on guitar, Drop D, DADGAD, standard.

On bouzouki i have played with The Bothy Band tribute band and extensively studied Donal Lunny's style to the extent that i pretty much know all his Bothy Band material, so if that interests anyone too , let me know!!!

I have a good knowledge of theory and reading skills too if that interests you, and can also give basic jazz/ blues/ country pickin lessons.
    Thnaks for taking the time to read this.

I hope some people feel this might be just for them!

PLease contact me at my personal email address -
    michaelmccague@yahoo.com. for info regarding location, prices and other information etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
    Michael Mc Cague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 emc2010

I am looking for lessons in traditional piano and vamping. I play traditional concertina and am currently doing grade 8 piano.. Does any one know of any one who would teach me? I am in the limerick area.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 176 ✭✭pkr_ennis

Hi,

The Online Academy of Irish Music is now offering online tutorials. There is a fantastic line up of tutors:

Mikey Smyth - pipes
    Thomas Johnston - whistle
    Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh - song
    Brian Fleming - Bodhrán (coming soon)
    Majella Bartley - flute and fiddle
    Billy Mag Fhloinn - Bouzouki
    Niall Keegan - flute (coming soon)
    Ernestine Healy - concertina (coming soon)

Subscribers get 4 video lessons per month with accompanying lesson resources, chat with fellow students from all over the world in the classroom chat forums and have the option of receiving feedback from their tutor. Check it out at www.oaim.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lahinchmusic

Traditional Irish music lessons given Lahinch/Ennistymon area in Co. Clare

Tin whistle, fiddle, banjo, mandolin, accordian, concertina

Children and adults welcome

Private one to one, and group lessons available

For more information contact:

Yvonne Casey

Phone: 086 8975073
    Email: yvonnecasey1976@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John o d massey

wel john here in.....i jus got my hands on a guitar an really want to learn to play it. I love singing irish music and would love lessons so as to get me started on guitar...in college in WIT weekdays so friday night between 6 and 9 would be ideal. 30 mins from Limerick, Cashel, Thurles & Nenagh. 20 mins from tipp town...i have no problem traveling...Please pm me if interested or email me J_bouy@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marz90

Hi,
    I am a fiddle teacher and based in Dublin City. I have taught with Comhltas for the past two years when I was living in Cork. I am also classically trained, Grade 8 completed, and have experience teaching classical privately also. I would love to teach the fiddle now in Dublin. Let me know what you think.

Mairead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Simon Kennedy

Hello,

I am based in LIMERICK and am looking for someone to provide some guidance of sorts!! I have been playing guitar for a few yrs and have played at various trad sessions in the recent few months. I can play chords/barre chords and have good rhythm (or so I'm told) but wish to take my playing to the next level while accompanying trad music. If you could assist then please PM.

(PS I would also be interested in learning the Bodhrán, though I have no experience in this field.)

Cheers,

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tracey112

Hi,

looking for guitar lessons for my 11yr old son beginner.
    We live in kimmage and would want someone to come to our home.

pm
    Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 abac21

Multi-instrumentalist based on the north side of Dublin, can teach:
    • Flute
    • Tin whistle
    • Traditional Irish guitar (DADGAD)

Currently studying music in NUI Maynooth. I gig regularly and play sessions in The Cobblestone, O’Donoghues, Conradh na Gaeilge, Le Cirq etc. I have extensive experience in teaching all three instruments. I teach both privately and in various branches of Comhaltas.

Being multi-instrumentalist I can provide a unique approach to teaching the guitar accompaniment of traditional music. I can recreate the genuine session experience by playing the flute while the student plays the guitar as part of the class.

PM if interested

Am interested in guitar dadgad lessons for trad accompaniment. I have some experience playing in sessions but need to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerbdog123

hi
    just wondering are you still giving box lessons and if so will you be giving them throughout the summer months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerbdog123

hi are you still giving lessons and if so will you be giving them over the summer months

Advertisement