Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introduce yourselves

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Cooo.. he's yummy he is - TB ? Beautiful dark bay too..

Bx

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

ohh thank you, I'll add you to the fan club.

TB indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

I think you'll have to add me to Missloulou! ;-)
    He is gorgeous!!! Lovely shiny coat too ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Great to see an equestrian forum set up...don't know how I missed it for so long!

Am in my 30's, and riding all my life.

Competed all my life too (predominantly in the UK). Started off with show ponies, then working hunter ponies. Spread on to eventing and dressage. Competing on both my own neddies and for other people too.
    Competed internationally as a junior in Dressage on the British team at a couple of European Championships (italy, holland & belgium). Totally cherish my Union Jacks, and feel very proud that I was entitled to wear them.
    Competed dressage up to Advanced Medium. Competed eventing up to Open Intermediate.

Worked in my late-teens and early 20's in some big, big yards, for big name folk....predominantly bringing on youngsters and competing youngsters. Predominantly dressage yards, but spent one season in a top event yard too, again, working the youngsters.
    Also spent one season in a national hunt/point to point yard...dressage - to - national hunt....total opposites, quite eye opening, and utterly loved it. Nothing beats the feeling of taking a race-fit TB up a line of flights, or working up-sides flat out, breath-taking, literally.

For what its worth I have my Pony Club 'A' test, my BHSAI, my BHS Stage IV, and spent a few years on the Pony Club Advanced Instructors panel.

Had a break from horses for a few years....other real life factors got in the way....but I'm back working part-time in a private yard in Laois. Starting and bringing on warmblood youngsters (predominantly Dutch KWPN's)....there's a definite 'youngster' theme going on now that I look back over my equine career :D....but I find it so rewarding, and love following them up through their competition careers...bit like a doting mother-hen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭fits

Welcome fellow veedub camper, doggy, horsy person!

What a cv you have! wow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FLASHDANCE

Hi you guys,
    Great to have a horsey site for us horsey people to interact,
    Im Flashdance,
    Im 23 im living in the north county dublin area,
    I have 2 horses and a cheecky pony,
    There names are Flashdance, Lisnabroghue and Shandy,
    Im in the riding club, i jump sjai, My main interest is showjumping and love hunting, but i do occasionaly do dressage, showing, working hunter & x-country, Unfortunly i have no photo's :( to show you guys

Hi to you both!

DollyDishMop - Nice CV.. wonder if I know you to see ? - we've followed a similar track in the UK and are a similar age only I got totally hooked on showing and went that route after eventing/SJ.. Usually end up knowing peoples faces from the circuit! I'm in Laois too for the moment..

Flashdance - thats a great name for a horse! I love it!

Bx

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Just joined today......huge board is a bit intimidating!
    You managed to get me on here in the end Fitz!

I know some of you people from NR (Newrider) and from RL (a place called 'Real Life' that I'm becoming less and less familiar with - the more forums I join!)

I'm 20, a Vet.Nursing Student from Westmeath.
    This is Mocha, my gorgeous sporthorse mare -
    Mochachopsd.jpgPhtyu001_001510.jpg

P1030170.jpg
    I've had her since 2004, shes 11yrs old. She turns her hoof to anything really, mainly SJ - but has retired from hunting for the good of my health :p and shes currently infoal.

Then theres Odie (?) not sure about the name yet - he's new and he's a still a bit of a secret :o Excuse the crappy picture, taken the morning after he arrived. He's a 4yr old, ponyXthoroughbred.
    P1060243_0001.jpg

Yay Rips is here! :D

Welcome to boards. :)

Hello! *waves*

Your girlie is gorgeous - nice jump!.. and Odie.. bless.. he's cute.. how big is he.. looks big for a ponyxTB!

I know what you mean about the real life issue.. I'm starting to think in smilies these days.. :eek:

Bx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

He is allegedly 15'2, not had a chance to measure him though.
    So no, technically not a pony.
    If you compare him to Mocha though (who is 15'3 n a bit!) he's a much more compact little horse, I'd say his height is mostly in his wither, coz he does have a bit of a 'wither'.

I have to confess, I do mix the two of them up in the dark though :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Hi Everybody, great to see an Equestrian forum up and going. My name is Keith and I am from Dunshaughlin. I have a 15.2 Grey Gelding called Spirit who is great fun and I am also an professional photographer which works out well for events.

Spirit having fun
    Spiritweb.jpg

An Example of my shots
    IMG_5328.jpg
    CianCasperRS.jpg

Borderfox wrote: »
    Hi Everybody, great to see an Equestrian forum up and going. My name is Keith and I am from Dunshaughlin. I have a 15.2 Grey Gelding called Spirit who is great fun and I am also an professional photographer which works out well for events.

Hi BorderFox

He's beautiful! And amazing shots.. love the Polo ponies.. have always wanted some photos of G - but not posed at shows.. the sort that are taken unawares - like that one of Spirit.. I have tried but end up with all kinds of results.. some really not very good.. make him look like a Donkey!:o

Looking at the Puissance shot -look at the fetlock joint on landing!

Bx

Thanks TheB, the Puissance puts so much pressure on the horses.

Slightly off topic but last year (or possibly the year before) one of the winning shots for the AIB photo comp was a picture of a horse that had snapped its fetlock - the hoof was perpendicular to the leg.

I was appaulled and disgusted by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

hi all new to the site...
    names louise 23 been ridin 14 yrs, have an equine science degree from UL, just recently sold my two horses :(
    had to due to movin and lack of time..... hope to buy again soon......

used do a bit od xc, good bit of SJ was in SJAI for a few yrs, was in the local pony club too. started to get into dressage in college but had to seel the boys so didnt really get to compete.

this was my first horse Murphy, a registered connemara slightly overgrown at 15hh. an absolute dote of a horse broke my heart to sell him!this pic was taken in Claremorris equestrian centre 1m10 jump off. (i know my position aint great in that pic either!!!)
    murf.jpg

this was sport horse Blue, a tb X connemara 15hh1 a flightly littel thing but very talented in all areas.... this was takin in Mullingar a few yrs ago.
    bluemullingarshow.jpg

Welcome Louise, beautiful Connemara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FlashingLight1

This is my horse Flash!! he's 7 an i,ve had him nearly 2months now!! :):)
    DSC09636_2.jpg

Falsh and my sisters pony Jessie!! Flash loves her an follows her all over the place :D:D:D
    DSC07624_2.jpg

Hi I have finnaly got a photo or 2,

My Pics 038.jpgMy Pics 036.jpg

Flashing light... I love to see people riding a horse nicely in just basic tack (No martingale, no fancy noseband).

Looking good :)

Nice pics too Flashdance. Isnt Stradbally Hall the nicest show venue?

• Advertisement

Id also agree with you fits there, Who needs fancy gizmo's and gatdgets coz half of the time the horse doesnt thats for sure,
    Less is better,
    Im a beliver in martingale if needed, snaffle , and cavesson and away you go,
    Flashing light that is a nice photo
    Yeah fits Stradbally is a great venue hopefully it will be same again this year and with the weather aswell from last year if you where at the r.c festival this year,
    the 2 photos i uploaded arent the best but at least i managed to get a photo up haha :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FlashingLight1

thank u!! :) yea i agree, less is better!! people get too caught up in "what looks fancy" instead of what they actually need!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 showjumpinggirl

I just moved back to ireland from usa will be here for 2 years at least am in Dublin right now but moving to mayo just outside of claremorriss,I have 2 ISH mares one is still in usa at the moment and i have a 3 year old here who i am looking to get broken.can not ride or do anything with horses really right now due to being pregnant and i miss it so much :(. would like to meet some horsey friends in the area. (by the way how do i post pics of my horses on here)

(by the way how do i post pics of my horses on here)

Welcome :)
    Create a photobucket account, upload your photos, and post the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alliewags

I have a 16.2 lovely all rounder stabled up in stepaside Dublin 18, He's a real pet, I have recently had a baby so I'm looking for someone to horse share with me. Great facilities, big indoor ,two outdoors and a lovely area for hacking,nice cross country.
    there are two livery lessons a week that you can partake in too.
    Only reply to me if you're seriously interested as I want to get someone asap.
    Price on enquiry- I pay all vet and shoes. You'd need a car to get up there, just to you know! it's a bit of a walk from the nearest bus stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

I just moved back to ireland from usa will be here for 2 years at least am in Dublin right now but moving to mayo just outside of claremorriss,I have 2 ISH mares one is still in usa at the moment and i have a 3 year old here who i am looking to get broken.can not ride or do anything with horses really right now due to being pregnant and i miss it so much :(. would like to meet some horsey friends in the area. (by the way how do i post pics of my horses on here)

if u go up to the showjumping in claremorris ul meet LOADS of ppl from the surrounding areas..... i used go there every wkend for winter and summer leagues... met some cool ppl there! and im sure ul meet some too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 xlaurencurranx

hi lauren here i ride out at stonehaven im in my last year in the pres ,that horse is so cute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 showjumpinggirl

thats great i will for sure go to claremorriss im very excited about moving.here are pics of my two girls.my 3 year old lilly and my mare thats still usa poppy mybabypoppy.jpglily3.jpg

the one looking at me is my 3 year old again i ask if anyone knows a good person to finish her for me she has started to be backed but just needs some more work.due to being pregnant i cannot do it myself. she is a very willing and easy horse.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

Hello all. I'm a newbie. Have joined this and the other Irish Equestrian forum - so hope to be madly posting away on both.

I live in Wexford - where are you all from?

• Advertisement

Welcome to the forum!

Advertisement