Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Small things that influence your vote

Options
  • 22-05-2019 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭

I came home yesterday evening around 6 and went for a walk around 7 30. I was inside all that time
    When I went out one of the local representatives had shoved so.e election propaganda into the gate. They made no attempt to walk the 50 feet to the door or ring the bell . Just littered outside our house.
    I know who wont be getting a vote anyway.

Very tempted to tell them why.

What small thinks influence you vote like that. Positive or negative

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I'll vote for anyone who isn't a lying cúnt. In my 36 years in this country and world I've never known of a politician who wasn't one so I have never voted for anyone at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bop1977

that lad smashing up his set with a hurl. Not getting my that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

bop1977 wrote: »

I only saw that video this morning, what a madman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The candidates who kindly f*cked off away from my door after I "asked" them to do so. They have half a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

I'll vote for people with a track record of getting things done. Not their party getting things done. Not their daddy getting things done. Not their plans to get things done. What they have done.

You've been on the council for the last 5 years. Never heard of you. Tell me what you've been doing for those years.

You say you're a successful businessman. Never heard of you. Tell me what you achieved in business.

You say you just finished secondary school and haven't done anything but your daddy is an independent TD and can give you lots of good advice. Never heard of you. **** off and come back in 10 years with your own CV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Boobs showing of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

bop1977 wrote: »

Ben Gilroy. An absolute head the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Candidates wont knock on doors around here, a) because it's not safe to venture in here and b)all they'd hear is complaints about how much a of a ****hole the place is from half the people and the other half asking for more freebies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A load of the Labour female candidates* are fine things (or they got very creative with photoshop for their election posters).

*Im not in a position to say how fine or not their male candidates are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I don't vote for gingers.
    God only knows what horrific tyranny and retribution the population would face should they ascend to power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its a positive for me when wealthy TD's don't try to claim 60k compo for falling off a swing.
    If a woman in her 40's needs instructions and supervision to sit on something your average 4 year old is a dab hand at, its a sign they probably shouldn't have anything to do with the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Good playground skills essential

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Nothing for Fine Gael, Fianna Fail or Labour. Everyone else gets scrutinised and questioned when they call around.

From the conversations I've had, it's the youngest candidates that are probably going to take my vote. The rest are self-serving shite-bags that have been up to their necks in the trough for decades.

A candidate not having a slick PR machine behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know a good few of the candidates from being around town.
    We live close enough to the Sinn Fein candidate.
    We went out of our way to help her and her husband out last year and they really left us down.
    I was never a big Sinn Fein fan but she's certainly living up to their standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I know a good few of the candidates from being around town.
    We live close enough to the Sinn Fein candidate.
    We went out of our way to help her and her husband out last year and they really left us down.
    I was never a big Sinn Fein fan but she's certainly living up to their standards.

The increase in the Sinn Fein vote has attracted a few me féiner opportunists the same in other parties. At Council level there some Verwood community candidates across the parties

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭devlinio

The only thing that matters to me is the party.

If the candidate isn't Fine Gael, they're not getting my vote. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

The ability to sit on a swing and not fall off, without the need to read the instructions first.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

devlinio wrote: »
    The only thing that matters to me is the party.

If the candidate isn't Fine Gael, they're not getting my vote. Simple as.

Too simple, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Never seen fit to vote for any of the local or European candidates.
    Nothing to change my mind this time round either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The quality of the airbrushing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got good advice some years ago

"Never vote for anybody who hates you."

new councillor candidates in my constituency with posters of them smirking idiotically.

jog on guys.

having multiple pamphlets put in the door for the same MP. ( at least 3 )

forget about getting my vote

Advertisement