Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IndyCar 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Pag on pole. 3 laps over 230mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

astrofluff wrote: »
    Imagine if he bought out Herta's car for the race. Herta has plenty of years ahead of him, Alonso, not so much.

We know Honda-powered cars are off limits for Alonso. What are his options for a buy-to-drive?

Kaiser would make more sense as they have no sponsorship, but the question is why should they? Their car is not competitive and winning the Indy with that would be a miracle.

Gil de Ferran has said they won't look to buy their way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Gil de Ferran has said they won't look to buy their way in.
    Like PensKe they are doing the right thing and accepting their defeat imho , I know business is business but when Andretti bought a seat for Ryan Hunter Reay a few years ago (Brunos AJ Foyt seat iirc) it never sat well with me .

A full time McLaren effort will be brought forward now imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I dont think you can say the car isnt competitive, quali trim and race trim are totally different.
    Was surprised they have given up on buying a slot, there were a lot of sponsors on that car. Maybe theyre all queuing up at Juncos door this morning.

• Advertisement

I dont think you can say the car isnt competitive, quali trim and race trim are totally different.
    Was surprised they have given up on buying a slot, there were a lot of sponsors on that car. Maybe theyre all queuing up at Juncos door this morning.
    Open to correction but afaik the back up car was a Carlin prepared road chassis

Bob Fernley,present of the McLaren Indy project has left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I think that's the definition of the word omnishambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Fail. Just a fail. Not even fail to prepare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I think Alonso will come back next year to give it another go properly with one of the top teams, most likely Andretti as Penske will only field an additional car for Castroneves and Ganassi never fields additional cars

I can't see McLaren returning to Indycar after this embarrassment. If they are going to run Indy 500 next year they need to enter in the series full time. Entering Alonso as a sole entrant, with a leased car with technical support from a struggling 2nd year team thinking they were going to be competitive a bit of both stupidity and arrogance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Only option really. Couldn't go back to Andretti, or any of the Honda teams, as Honda didn't want them.
    Yeah pretty much, the only sensible option on the Chevy side would have been Ed Carpenter's team but he already has a technical alliance with Scuderia Corsa so that option was a non-runner. Norris drove for Carlin going through the ranks and there was not much options from outside of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

So much 'Muricah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just start the race already

Can't get a working feckin stream, doing my head it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,005 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Was good start to the race, feels very fast after the f1

Castroneves. :rolleyes:

Lucky no one was hurt by that incident in the pits

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is the greatest Motorsports race imo.
    Newgarden and Carpenter would be my picks at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Lucky no one was hurt by that incident in the pits

Jordan King hitting one of the tyres propelling it into a mechanic. Nasty enough that one.

A bit of mayhem ensuing!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Feel very sorry for the Juncos team.

Alex Brundle sounds so like his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For those who don't know, Conor Daly, currently 6th, is the son of Dublin's Derek Daly who was a formula one driver for a couple of years before moving to America and going into the Indycar racing. Daly snr. led the Monaco Grand Prix with just over a lap to go in '82 before his gearbox seized.

He does, and he's also an excellent commentator. Not watching the Sky coverage, but he has done great work for Radio Le Mans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It's uncanny!

Good few incidents in the pits today. Unlucky for Rossi as well looks like he was on course to win

Such a spicy race. The pit lane is providing all the spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

What a move from Rossi

Rossi is a man possessed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

eagle eye wrote: »
    For those who don't know, Conor Daly, currently 6th, is the son of Dublin's Derek Daly who was a formula one driver for a couple of years before moving to America and going into the Indycar racing. Daly snr. led the Monaco Grand Prix with just over a lap to go in '82 before his gearbox seized.

Up in 4th at the moment and doing pretty well! Rossi behind him now, though!

Advertisement