Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 38 Matchday Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Overall a great season. Top 10k was my aim. My best finish to date. 31k > 197k > 255k > 176k > 27k (2019)

The standard in the Boards Zarquons pay league is insane, I finished 16th! Still might enter more leagues next year though....just ones with no Boards members :)

Rikand wrote: »
    After GW 35 I was at 30K

After GW 38, I am at 85k

Deflated does not even begin to describe it

Had simlilar experience (although terrible start to the season)

GW 27 1.7 million

GW 35 210,00 (used wildcard)

GW 38 572,646

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

75 mostly down to Mane being a good captain pick still lets me outside the top 1% target with overall rank of 69,839 on 2,290 points. As usual left points on the bench with Dubravka and Luiz outscoring others in the first team, but on the positive side that just means there is easily still room for improvement. Maybe another seasons of practice before joining a money league but have to be happy with my best finish so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bottom 4 of top six have cost me a lot.

United and Arsenal in particular with a special place for Son in my heart.

Lesson learned. Form over fixtures.

70 points lead destroyed in 3 weeks. Because I was trying to adjust to the end of the season games instead of just free flowing.

Bye bye 200 euro from work league :(

Fair play to my opponents, though. They didn't bring muck into their team for finals game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

97 (-4) Mane TC :D 2239 total points (my highest ever) OR - 158k (my 2nd highest ever)
    Overall disappointed. Was flying it up my leagues until WC in GW34. Bad choices (KDB, Son, Laca, Kola, Lloris, Doucore)

Anyways enjoy the summer lads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Finished up at 6.5k for my third top 10k finish. Bit annoyed I wasn't braver and pushed for top 5k but have to be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

80 pts leaves me on 2308 pts overall. OR was 51,152. Not HEWT as I wanted top 50k and to at least hit a ton in one GW which I didn’t do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rikand wrote: »
    After GW 35 I was at 30K

After GW 38, I am at 85k

Deflated does not even begin to describe it

Know the feeling my season finished off with me going from 15k to not even ending up in the top 100k! Disastrous collapse. From GW 25 I only had 4 weeks in the top 2m gw rank.

Already looking forward to next season though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

48 yeaterday finished 71k same as last year for my two worst ever finishes. Had a dreadful season overall . My chips worked out well which saved it from being even worse. Think Ill be continuing with just reading the forum the odd time rather than contributing as I think it affects my decision making. Well done to SlickRic thats a remarkable season. Enjoy the break lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Finished on 6,666 OR - delighted with my best ever finish but a strange one to finish on! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Finished 13 points behind and as one smart boards poster said pick a good captain and you could make, if I captained mane I'd get extra 15 points. Fu#k Shane long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Finished at 223k which is my worst finish in a few years, held onto too many players for too long was my main issue. Tried not to take any hits for the first half the year which didnt work out and then none of my chips worked out well except my 1st WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

62 points see's me finished in 23,000 OR. Absolutely delighted after a really poor start. Was languishing in to around 150,000 for weeks on end. Was tempted to WC but held fire and was so glad I did. Won my 2 pay leagues so up over €650. Was squeaky bum time yesterday when TAA & Mane got the second, held on to win by 4 points so absolutely chuffed.

One Caveat though, whoever advised me to go Wilson over Zaha yesterday take a long good hard look at yourself. Only messing, thanks one & all for your advise and knowledge over the season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I finished up in 245th place getting a grey arrow on the last day but it was enough to hold on for the win in all my leagues. Beating Mark Sutherns(the FFS guy) in one of my main leagues was nice as he's proably the best FPL manager out there. It went down to the last day but he imploded in the end and took a weird -8 hit to captain Vardy so I beat him with a few points to spare. I like the way he plays the game though, he takes loads of hits and most of them work out.

The game has definitely got tougher I think, I had a great start and was 500th early on but it was really tough just hanging in there. My biggest mistake was not buying Robertson once this season(and I'm a Liverpool fan!) but I did have TAA most of the season though so that made up for it especially in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

64 points last gw sees me finish 57k OR. Had 2ft’s for 38 brought Bilva in for Son and Ederson in for my main keeper Etheridge and we’ll you know what happens next. Summed up my season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ended up at 8,471 in world. Happy with the finish inside the top 10K and one of my better finishes too.

Won main cash league: 600
    Won work league: 220
    Auba winning golden boot: 500 (50 euro at 9/1)

Holidays sorted.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ended up at 8,471 in world. Happy with the finish inside the top 10K and one of my better finishes too.

Won main cash league: 600
    Won work league: 220
    Auba winning golden boot: 500 (50 euro at 9/1)

Holidays sorted.

You probably wont be getting 500 back off Auba I wouldn't think. Dead heat rules apply normally. Still a nice little profit for the season though and decent amount of drink money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

jimmii wrote: »
    You probably wont be getting 500 back off Auba I wouldn't think. Dead heat rules apply normally. Still a nice little profit for the season though and decent amount of drink money!

Correct, fairly certain stake will be divided by 3 (3 in dead heat) so €166 back rather than €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

drew my work cash league so get nearly a grand - holidays sorted - better halfs clutch goes - i hear offaly is nice this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote:

Ouch! He'll have to settle for San Miguel now instead of champagne.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Ouch! He'll have to settle for San Miguel now instead of champagne.

At least he was on Auba and not Salah don't know what he was to start the season but guessing those that backed him are only getting about evens on their money now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

AdpRo wrote: »
    Correct, fairly certain stake will be divided by 3 (3 in dead heat) so €166 back rather than €500.

Balls.

What's worse is that I still have to find the slip :D

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Balls.

What's worse is that I still have to find the slip :D

You must have pretty much written it off anyway though so nice little bonus!

Advertisement