Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEKO DC7112W tumble dryer problems...

• 04-05-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi all,
    My tumble dryer stopped one day, knocking off the main circuit breaker for the house. The drum is now impossible to turn. this suggests to me that the belt has failed. When I contacted the service / registration number and eventually got to talk to a human, their final suggestion was that I power off the unit for two hours and try to start the machine again. I'm not a fan of this idea as the drum is impossible to turn. Any ideas or suggestions?

regards
    Stovepipe

Comments

• Sounds like something has seized up rather than a belt failing, if it was the belt the drum would turn freely.
    Check there is nothing jammed in the drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

it's as solid as if it was set in concrete.

• Possibly the motor seized up, I assume you found nothing jamming the drum.
    If you can remove the drive belt, then you should be able to rotate the drum freely.
    I think the motors on some dryers have a reduction gearbox that make it harder to rotate the motor by turning the pulley, but unless it is come kind of worm drive you should be able to turn the motor shaft.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

How old is your dryer, as it's still a current model? If it's still under warranty, I would get Beko to come out and repair it, instead of you having to hoke to see what might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

It's two years and three months old and is out of warranty. I got the run-around from Beko's help line; "ring this number"....I did....they sent me here...but they're the service number...I know! etc,etc.

regards
    Stovepipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Remove the belt off the motor pulley, if the drum then rotates freely it is a motor problem. If it is a motor seizure it may be bearings or a coin may have made its way down to the fan assembly and locked it up. If it is the motor try working the motor shaft in a clockwise/anticlockwise motion (with a small vice grips) which should free it out somewhat, if it frees up totally you will have moved whatever was locking up the fan but this will have to be removed or it will do more damage

Advertisement