Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow burner vanilla-esque game - SIGN UP THREAD

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

duffman13 wrote:
    Any update on posts per phase or still under discussion? Looking forward to this one, something different

Not officially decided yet, what limit would people prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necro wrote: »
    Not officially decided yet, what limit would people prefer?

A day phase of 35 hours, I'd say maybe 20 might be a nice amount but I'm just plucking figures here, that'll be insanely low to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

duffman13 wrote: »
    A day phase of 35 hours, I'd say maybe 20 might be a nice amount but I'm just plucking figures here, that'll be insanely low to some people.

Maybe a min of 5 I Reckon as per usual

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

duffman13 wrote: »

Necro is not playing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

min 5 max 85 per person per day phase??

really prefer limiting to end 2 hours before end of day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Last call for signups, closing tomorrow night 1st May at 23.59pm.

Reminder that the game will have an incredibly soft opening over the May bank holiday weekend with first action taking place on Tuesday, 7th May.

OP will be posted sometime Friday afternoon. Reminder that this is a longer phase game, and will likely go on for a decent period of time - but the longer phases mean that constant attention to the thread by players is not required. Dip in and dip out as you deem necessary.

For our new players (or those who have not played WW in their own accounts before), you should request posting access to the WW Subforum... here.

If anyone would like DR access please give me or sully a shout via PM or on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

yeah I think so it seems very manageable for work
    Yep. Same here.

I'll give it a lash if there's still room.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Yep. Same here.

I'll give it a lash if there's still room.

No hassle, welcome aboard!

Updated signups:
    1. Kolido
    2. Duffman13
    3. Strawberry Milkshake
    4. Pter
    5. sKeith
    6. Triceratops Ballet
    7. tusk
    8. quickbeam
    9. Barney92
    10. kitten_k
    11. Digital Solitude
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. fixxxer
    14. Clarabel
    15. tritium
    16. Whiplashy
    17. Green&Red
    18. TheSkunk
    19. Loughc
    20. Succubus_
    21. Ectoplasm
    22. Dublinandy2
    23. crosstownk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Is there anything a complete noob should know ahead of this starting. I literally have no clue what I've signed up for :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

tusk wrote: »
    Is there anything a complete noob should know ahead of this starting. I literally have no clue what I've signed up for :/

For general stuff look here.

Anything specific after that, just ask :)

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »

So the premise of the game is basically there are two teams: wolves and villagers.

The aim of the game for the wolves is to kill off the villagers and survive long enough that their numbers are level with that of the villagers (gaining parity). They do this by enacting their kill (munch) during the night phase, and that gets announced as the day phase begins. Normally the wolves will have a seperate place to plan their killing and submit who they would like to kill.

The aim of the game for the villagers is to find and kill all the wolves. How they do this is by voting in a lynch which takes place at the end of each day phase. Wolves can vote too so as not to give them away.

There's no art to this really or anything, basically people post on the game thread and we all don our Sherlock Holmes caps and play investigator based off what others say on thread.
    Any other questions feel free to ask here or PM me if you like.

Here's a few handy acronyms and some Werewolf jargon that might be used during the game as well:

FFA - Stands for Free For All. Basically if someone asks you for an FFA they'll be asking you for the three people you think are most likely to be a wolf.
    Wolfy/Wolfiest - People will use this to describe posts by others who seem suspicious.
    Flip - When people refer to the flip, they are on about what a player will reveal as when their role is revealed on their death.
    Alignment - Basically - is the player good or evil.
    Munch - this is the werewolves kill each morning
    Lynch - what all players vote in each night
    Town - another way to describe someone or yourself as good.
    Reads List - If someone asks you about your reads, or a reads list, they want to know who you think is good, bad, and who you have no read on. A more in depth version of the FFA tbh.

If anyone wants to add some phrases feel free to do so, I'm sure I've missed some.

Don't worry about it too much, this game will be super vanilla so there won't be any of the complexities that are usually seen in the monthly games here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ok, now I'm excited!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

ISO - reading all of one player’s posts in isolation

CFD - Chinese Fire Drill, a last minute leap of votes on one player at lynch

Wagonomics - studying the vote history of players to determine where a wolf might be hiding, especially later in the game when some roles have already been outed.

Soft role claim - hinting at having an important Villager role

Hard role claim - outright stating your role (remember, nobody is obliged to tell the truth so a Wolf could just as easily make a fake role claim as a Villager could make a genuine one)

Beakering - role claiming an outlandish role or power

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

As I'm here, what the bloomin' 'eck is LYLO

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

fixxxer wrote: »
    As I'm here, what the bloomin' 'eck is LYLO

LYnch LOse.

Last chance for the Village to lynch well or the Wolves win.

Necro wrote: »
    Last call for signups, closing tomorrow night 1st May at 23.59pm.

Reminder that the game will have an incredibly soft opening over the May bank holiday weekend with first action taking place on Tuesday, 7th May.

OP will be posted sometime Friday afternoon. Reminder that this is a longer phase game, and will likely go on for a decent period of time - but the longer phases mean that constant attention to the thread by players is not required. Dip in and dip out as you deem necessary.

For our new players (or those who have not played WW in their own accounts before), you should request posting access to the WW Subforum... here.

If anyone would like DR access please give me or sully a shout via PM or on here.

What do you mean by incredibly soft opening? Is that just code for very long first day that ends in a lynch on Tuesday night?

If there is a munch on Tuesday morning, then why is the thread open for this incredibly soft opening, i thought we were doing closed nights, so if the thread is open, its ending in a lynch. Right.

sKeith wrote: »
    What do you mean by incredibly soft opening? Is that just code for very long first day that ends in a lynch on Tuesday night?

If there is a munch on Tuesday morning, then why is the thread open for this incredibly soft opening, i thought we were doing closed nights, so if the thread is open, its ending in a lynch. Right.

Game begins on a munch, only night open for posting is extended night 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

to clarify, the game stats on Tuesday with a munch, but is open from the Friday? will it close for Friday Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights? are people expected to post over the weekend? like if I don't turn up until the game begins on Tuesday am I going to be under suspicion cos I wasn't sh1t posting since Friday (I appreciate the mods can't answer the last question!)

to clarify, the game stats on Tuesday with a munch, but is open from the Friday? will it close for Friday Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights? are people expected to post over the weekend? like if I don't turn up until the game begins on Tuesday am I going to be under suspicion cos I wasn't sh1t posting since Friday (I appreciate the mods can't answer the last question!)

No. you shouldn't. It would be advisable for every villager to zero post in the extended night 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

sKeith wrote: »
    No. you shouldn't. It would be advisable for every villager to zero post in the extended night 0.

I've a DIY weekend ahead of me so no fear of that....I'm such a cliché

• Advertisement

Thread won't be closed between Friday and Tuesday morning. You can post as much or as little as you like :)

Sign ups are officially closed since last night. Thanks for signing up guys, OP will be posted tomorrow.

If a mod could change the tags on the thread, twould be all kinds of awesome :)

I will shortly be sending out role PMs. OP will go up afterwards....

giphy.gif

No further discussion in this thread please and thanks :)

Advertisement