Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula E - Gen.2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Nelson Piquet Jr leaves Jaguar with immediate effect

Can't say I'm surprised. Being replaced by Alex Lynn.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thats hard to see. It still has a tendency to be somewhat like bumper cars. As drivers literally push and shove around to get a position.

I compare Formula E to exactly how I'd play any racing game on the computer. Bouncing off everyone, going down corners that don't exist, super power boost by going through a certain part of the track. All it's missing is some form of EMP cannon and it's be the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

EMP canon? I see what you did there :D

The thing is, it's just being something else. And it's working.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Because.... Screw you 1000th F1 race. The Rome e-prix is tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rome race about to start in the next few mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

This is the problem with tracks the width of 1 and a half cars.

Chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Will Quest HD continue to show the rest of this race live? It was a real farce seeing no cars racing for about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Will Quest HD continue to show the rest of this race live? It was a real farce seeing no cars racing for about 10 minutes.

Quest did a massive solid on the coverage today. Stayed with it well over time until at least ten past 5 (supposed to end 4.30), and only took the one ad break literally just at the end of pre-race before the actual race began.

If only they could do that for their Le Mans coverage...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Quest did a massive solid on the coverage today. Stayed with it well over time until at least ten past 5 (supposed to end 4.30), and only took the one ad break literally just at the end of pre-race before the actual race began.

If only they could do that for their Le Mans coverage...

They had a lot of technical sound problems at the beginning do with Vernan Key every time he went to interview someone there was no sound so I have no idea what Mark Webber or anyone else he intervied said. The race was a bit chaotic alright but at least it was exciting unlike the F1 race which was a big disappointment.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Paris e-prix later today. I wonder who'll become the 8th separate winner of the year today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

flazio wrote: »
    Paris e-prix later today. I wonder who'll become the 8th separate winner of the year today.

I'll throw it out there and go for Vandoorne due to some 2 red flags!

Starting behind the safety car due to wet side of the start straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,024 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Good racing up the front
    Pity it's on at same time as f1 qualy

Now the rain has arrived. Full course yellow - I'm wondering what race control decide to do.

A bit of bumper cars, tricky conditions

Fcy again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

That was a crazy race, some of the driver errors were pretty amateurish. But exciting race, contrast this series against the eternal predictably of F1 and it's a breath of fresh air. 8 winners in 8 races, 7 teams with a race win now. I wish F1 was this good

Ms

That was a very exciting crazy race alright. So much action. Totally predictable. I thought Felipe Massa was unlucky to not get on the podium. He was doing good and probably had a chance until he was hit at the back a spun around. Also wheres Nick Heidfield?

Would have watched it live had I known Quest had it on but done a search during the week and it only came up as highlights on 3e but then I came across it by accident yesterday so got most of it on Quest +1 and recorded the highlights on Quest +1 last night to get the beginning of it so only just watched the race now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

We seemed to have forgotten about Berlin this weekend. Good win from DiGrassi but it's JEV who's emerging as likely to get a second title.

Ms

Qualifying on at 12.30 on Eurosport and the Race is on at 16.30 today live on Quest. They are racing in Bern, Switzerland this weekend.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Drivers who got through the first corner unhappy that order being reset to grid order after red flag. Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Great last laps with rain incoming

Ms

Just watched the race today. Had it recorded well most of it. The was a good race except for how long it took them to sort out the crash and the order after it. That dragged on. Unfortunately I only got all the timed laps did not get the very last lap as the recording stopped so I assume that the leader won. I thought the rain made it even more exciting. Maybe they should have the race an hour later there next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jv2000

Yes the leader won, he has been very good again this year and I can't see him throwing it away in the last 2 rounds. Still though it has been a very competitive championship so far unlike it's F1 counterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That was some race!

More action and excitement than years of F1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Wow. WHat a race!

Can't wait for tomorrow now!

Ms

Feck it. Was it live? I was out all day. Did not get to see any racing . Only watching F1 Quali now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

AMKC wrote: »
    Feck it. Was it live? I was out all day. Did not get to see any racing . Only watching F1 Quali now.

Ye I watch on Youtube! On again tonight at 2100 again I believe, last race of the season. 3 drivers can still win it.

Ms

[PHP][/PHP]
    DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Ye I watch on Youtube! On again tonight at 2100 again I believe, last race of the season. 3 drivers can still win it.

Was it not a double race this weekend?

What station is it on?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

AMKC wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

Was it not a double race this weekend?

What station is it on?

I don't think it's live on free to air, Eurosport, BT sport or Virgin Sport for live coverage. Quest have highlights at midnight.

Advertisement