Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ship listing in Lisbon

• 24-03-2019 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a regular poster in here but I am interested in finding out how a ship gets to be listing like this.
    I saw it in the Port of Lisbon a couple of times last week. It looks to be in ok general condition.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Pier its alongside looks low, so maybe they shifted/pumped internal ballast to get it to heel over to port side to allow the gangplank/walkway to reach the pier for boarding?

either that or whatever cargo they have in the hold should have accidentally shifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats a heavy load carrier and has two big cranes on the Port side.
    I think its maybe lightly loaded and has been heeled for some reason.
    It looks like its normal practice with that ship anyway.
    showphoto.aspx?photoid=2984122
    showphoto.aspx?photoid=3104496
    showphoto.aspx?photoid=3063116

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Seems poor seamanship not to use the ballast tanks (or heeling tanks if she has them) not to keep her upright. Makes the little things like sleeping and cooking that much easier on a level platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Thanks to all for the responses.
    I'll have a closer look next time I'm there.

Advertisement