Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Sims with wheels and pedals

• 24-03-2019 2:15am

Yesterday, my friend sold me his Logitech G29. Got it a set up and it works perfectly with Dirt Rally. It is immensely good with the Rift.. And on PSVR which he had.

Gonna try Assetto Corsa later. Hoping this laptop can play some more of these sims. Which ones do ye play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Project Cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'd love to pick up a wheel and pedals after getting massively into dirt rally. I would be playing from the couch though so I'd imagine it wouldn't be an ideal set up, unless I had one of those stands?

Got Project Cars 2 based on the above and some reviews. Excellent game! A lot of fun starting a race in the dry and having it change to rain. Car sliding around everywhere. Can do alright on default difficulty as long as I have a car in front of me to follow for braking and line. Big learning curve with being easy on the acceleration.

I have a decent set up with my coffee table. Armchair without the seat so I'm low, and the wheels not able to move so it works, for now. I have a clutch pedal but just use auto-clutch with shifters. Recommend going clutch as well?

Great fun. Girlfriend racing around at 20kmph in 2nd gear. Never drove a car before so it's all new for her.

Advertisement