Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DND groups for younger people in Dublin

Options
  • 03-01-2019 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Writing on behalf of my son, who is nearly 13. He’s totally obsessed by dnd and while his friends/brother/me try and entertain him playing along we really don’t cut it.

Been into gamers world and had a look at the folks playing in the back. Looks great apart from the fact not his age group. Ad hoc younger groups we have seen which would be more suitable however.

My question is what is the best way to find fellow gamers of his age? What experience did you have growing up and finding people who liked what you did? Any tips or ideas greatly appreciated. We are in South County Dublin.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ancient gamer

I got into D&D at a similar age over 30 years ago. I was lucky enough to find classmates with a similar interest. I sure most of his classmates (like my own kids) are more interested in video games. However it might be worth trying the school notice board to find players or even the local library. I know a local secondary school that run a D&D club once a week. Teachers would probably be happy to facilitate it as it promotes literacy and numeracy as well as the imagination. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 abacususer

Moe1013,

Go to the Facebook page facebook dot com slash AdventurersLeagueDublin. I'd post the actual link but Boards won't le new posters include links.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 abacususer

For better details try dndadventurersleaguedublin dot org or go to the Gamers World shop page on facebook (facebook dot com slash gamersworlddublin05).

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I've seen Sunday is common for younger kids, even to primary school age, to play in Gamersworld. There are at least two groups of them there pretty regularly.
    There are various age groups too. These are established groups though so might have to ask if they are open to for people to join.

Adventurers league which I have joined is a good start off point for new player or players looking for a group. There should be a session the next Monday. The link above have details.

Advertisement